Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Endorph posted:

Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. A very good SRPG by NIS, with fun gameplay, a neat plot, actually pretty good dub voice acting, but let down by bad presentation (all of the cutscenes are just static images on backgrounds, with very occasionally the in-game sprites doing their attack animations. The static sprites don't even switch based on emotions like in some RPGs, they're all just sitting around grim-faced while laughing and joking with each other), some poorly thought out mechanics (whoever thought squad size should be up to random chance is an idiot), and a complete lack of a post-game, something other NIS games are famed for.

I feel like an HD remake could solve at least two of those problems, if not all three. Unfortunately Disgaea is the only thing NIS makes that sells, so we're unlikely to see a remake of it.

I haven't gotten that far, but I was under the impression that Demon Path was the postgame content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread