Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
In Demon's Souls years back I made an unkillable monstroscity and would raid low level players, I had max health regen, three different shields with different resistances, a zweihander and claymore that lit everything on fire. I'd one hand the zweihander so I'd only do chip damage, but it'd still would throw them around the level. I'd spam the Demon's Prank spell that would make crazy laughing, splashing, and crashing sounds that unnerved new players. I'd duel and murder their helpers and beat them to an inch of their life, always letting them recover till they burned all their healing items, I'd spare the helpers too when I could.

When they would run in fear, finally showed signs of giving up, or gave a respectful bow. I'd gesture and convince them to open up their level for me, I'd murder every enemy in the level, set off every trap, drop dozens of healing items, max upgraded weapons, and thousands of souls. Then I'd shoot them a message explaining how to beat whatever boss we were in front of, which was usually the armored spider or the adjudicator for the high traffic zones. I really broke the game for a lot of people but I kind of felt justified if I gave them a good long duel, I felt like an actual stage boss preparing newbies for any pk or challenges ahead of them. It wasn't uncommon to get messages back in the day that I gave people their best gaming experiences ever. I put on quite a performance in those fights and it always surprised people that this geared up psychopath was ultimately friendly.

Dark Souls was kinda disappointing cause invaders couldn't be half as helpful. They took black phantoms ability to murder monsters probably for the obvious breaking potential, but it was fun dammit.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

something fun you can do in Dark Souls 2 , potentially without intent, is join someone's game as an invader. when you invade, they can use an item called the Seed of the Tree of Giants to turn all enemies hostile to you, instead of allied. If they do this, just clear the level for them :)
It's nice when that happens, but it's rare for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread