Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Raiders can't even pay their own players. Much less rando free agents. They'll sign Gore or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Ingram's finest hour was probably the game against the Packers. I was basically considering that game a running back duel between Ingram/Lacy and Mark won it and the game. Dude was absolutely dominant that game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

The Raiders can't even pay their own players. Much less rando free agents. They'll sign Gore or something.

Nah, they've got to draft one, I think. After last year's mess there is no way Reggie bets the running game on a 30 year old back again. If he does Davis should fire him on the spot. (If he drafts and signs Gore, then I'm ok with it)

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Chichevache posted:

Since when did Mark Ingram become a hot football commodity? :psyduck:

He put up 1100 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs in 13 games. And that's while rotating with two other backs. But mainly, he'll be pretty cheap after teams get done shelling out for Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray.

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, I know. He finally pulled it together for a season and now it is time for him to get paid. Perfect, Raiders. Go get that Alabama running back to lead your team. Probably should give him a 5 year contract too, so you've got him locked up until his physical decline becomes too dramatic. :allears:

Ingram just turned 25. If they can get him for 4 years they should be fine, his last year under contract would be his age-28 season. If they can get him for $3 mil a year or something, that would be a great signing.

defiantgiant fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 10, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Nah, they've got to draft one, I think. After last year's mess there is no way Reggie bets the running game on a 30 year old back again. If he does Davis should fire him on the spot. (If he drafts and signs Gore, then I'm ok with it)

I don't have a whole lot of faith in them going for one in the draft, especially Gurley or Gordon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
For real, I'd take him in Atlanta.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd like him to come to Arizona, but we need to take care of a few other items first...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

I don't have a whole lot of faith in them going for one in the draft, especially Gurley or Gordon.

I'm not expecting you to blow a first rounder on a top guy, I just feel that you have to address the position in the draft as well. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder who looks solid like *insert college RB from a small school with a great run game*.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Regnevelc posted:

I'd like him to come to Arizona, but we need to take care of a few other items first...

It's not the other 30 franchises' fault you fuckers already broke Andre Ellington.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Chilichimp posted:

It's not the other 30 franchises' fault you fuckers already broke Andre Ellington.

Nah, he just had foot issues all year. Had Dwyer not beaten his wife we could have rested Ellington more.

Hopefully Grice takes that next step this year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Regnevelc posted:

Nah, he just had foot issues all year. Had Dwyer not beaten his wife we could have rested Ellington more.

Hopefully Grice takes that next step this year.

Stepfan Taylor is going to break out, dammit.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Chichevache posted:

Stepfan Taylor is going to break out, dammit.

2.8 YPC!

E: WTF is up with your avatar.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

For real, I'd take him in Atlanta.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not an NFL hire, but important in one of the most important college -> NFL pipelines.

Josh McDaniels' brother Ben was just hired as Rutgers' Offensive coordinator.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh christ.

Eventually we will have the answer to the age old question of what would happen if a college team played an NFL team.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Oh christ.

Eventually we will have the answer to the age old question of what would happen if a college team played an NFL team.

But, like, if you think about it, like, NFL teams are just grown up college teams with better pay.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ingram has been running into nickel and dime packages his entire career and has still managed to be a massive disappointment.

JAG is his ceiling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Ingram could do well in certain places but he'll never be a featured offensive machine like Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch. He'd do real well in somewhere like New England.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Ingram has been running into nickel and dime packages his entire career and has still managed to be a massive disappointment.

JAG is his ceiling.

He was better than replacement level this past season. Sometime around the middle of the the 2013 season he seems to have figured out how to hit the hole and no go down immediately on first contact. Just in time to leave for some other team.

Even if he'd played like that his whole contract he still wouldn't have been worth the pick he was taken at, but the way he's looked recently he's a middle of the pack starter.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Jerry Montgomert (d-line coach and assistant DC of the Oklahoma Sooners) to the Packers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

I think Ingram could do well in certain places but he'll never be a featured offensive machine like Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch. He'd do real well in somewhere like New England.

"Come play for New England, where everyone's a role-player."

It's starting to make sense to me that Matt Patricia looks like he runs a weekly D&D campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think we're about done with the big coaching moves now and everything else seems piddling enough to go into the N/V thread. Closing this one.

• Locked thread