Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Wormskull posted:

Is there 5 worlds total.

I think so. I still can't make it past swamp. I need to step up my game, but I lack The Wormskull Touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not sure I'm feeling this fog.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gaspar Lewis posted:

This thread is full of loving hipster un-gamer scum.

http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/9534-bo-en/

le phizzery

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm half through fog and it's getting stressful.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Er, Swamp.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll have to come back at another time, when I'm more alert to finish this game up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So far I've 3 starred up to 4-10.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Only the gord of my friends has this game and I have a suspicion most of the global leaderboards are fake for the first 100 scores like any other game so it's a real ball buster trying to compare what your doing.

I think I played the first 3 or 4 levels then forgot about it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lovely Planet looks like a very fun game and I hope a lot of people enjoy it. :)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

Only the gord of my friends has this game and I have a suspicion most of the global leaderboards are fake for the first 100 scores like any other game so it's a real ball buster trying to compare what your doing.

any time Golfdinger has or is close to is probably legit. I know him and he used to post webms of his new IL records all the time when he was going at it.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

I'm a straddler of worlds.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I'm a straddler of worlds.

TheNYCGamingHipster

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SeXReX posted:

any time Golfdinger has or is close to is probably legit. I know him and he used to post webms of his new IL records all the time when he was going at it.

it kills me that LP doesn't save and share replays naturally, probably the only thing i don't like about it and why Dustforce is so great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Yea noW that I got to the later levels pretty much all the times seem reasonable. But the early levels Either someone's fudging the stuff or I just don't know some epic glitch or something it seems like. I do like that it shows whether someone 3 starred a level or not but I kinda wish it would prioritize those who did since it's the cooler way to play the game, imo.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i aced the first three worlds but swamp is seriously brutal

also the update that lets you put on a timer overlay is great :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i aced the first three worlds but swamp is seriously brutal

also the update that lets you put on a timer overlay is great :)

Where do I find that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's in the 'game' menu (which also has been updated to not be tough as poo poo to read)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh wow this update must of just come out this afternoon or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait WTF. It came out months ago apparently but only just today is it showing up that stuff for me.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
the steam news update says it released at 10:50 am this morning, so it was today

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the steam news update says it released at 10:50 am this morning, so it was today

Ohhh I hadn't refreshed the page.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For some reason the update rolled back on me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I'm to a point where I can only do one or two in a gaming sesh.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i will never beat the swamp but this game is good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have 5 more levels to ace in Swamp.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
goonspeed Wormskull, you are a true gamer

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I forgot about this game shortly after reaching world 5 but I picked it up again. I only need 2 more levels to ace mountains.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I made it to #12 on the 4-16 leaderboard.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait make that #10.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

this game is $1

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I aced Swamp.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

My brain wigs out whenever I see swamp capitalized like that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Wormskull posted:

I aced Swamp.

grats, that fog is bullshit

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
looking forward to this at games done quick 2026

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Aced Mountains. 5-11 and 5-14 were devilishly hard, and 5-14 was one of the best levels in the game and probably the most unique.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Just got this game because it was cheap and didn't know if I was gonna like it because I'm not usually into deliberately speedrunny games but drat this is really loving good. Got three stars on everything up to 2-19, and then realized I was too tired to really play well. Am looking forward to playing more of this between the other games I picked up (Revengeance and Shovel Knight).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In some ways I kinda like that some of the levels are designed like this on purpose but it also seems a little goofy. I guess it "opens it up" but the game's still about going as fast as you can so does it really. I guess your supposed to be able to climb the slope to the left somehow or maybe jump up from the circus tent thing or maybe you can shoot the teleport guy from the start way faster, if the #1 time is possible but my hand was going numb so I couldn't try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ArxfZARrGk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub 10 probably if I held down mouse 2 after teleporting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Heavy Lobster posted:

and then realized I was too tired to really play well
This is my least favourite gamer feel. :(

• Locked thread