Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the stanely parable owns and if you didnt play the original back then you misse dout big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

please play video games.

thank you, that is all

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wolfenstein is good but i'm on t he level with the tarzan into a window and i'm loving stuck because there are shotgun heavies with shrapnel are shooting me and i can't peer around the corner to hit the commander and also when it loads the autosave the assault rifle and health pack are gone even if i don't pick them up

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
video games are.....

good?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

scraps69 posted:

I'm really sinking my teeth into Eve Online, and Hearthstone. Is WOW Draenor any good?

It owns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Is indie RPG, Lisa, good stuff?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Fantasy 3 understands the issues trans people face in society.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Final Fantasy 3 understands the issues trans people face in society.
lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

to keep this gaming related I would like to say that that image of stick of truth where it explains a censored screen only further confirmed to me how loving awful the game is and how dumb goons are. it will now be added to the "goons have terrible senses of humour and taste in games" list along with borderlands and saints row

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you should legitimate be embarrassed if you enjoy any of those games as an adult human

now let's talk about good games who else has DA:I I didn't like the old ones at all but this one has really grabbed me and is really fun and cool I like the upgrade system and combat is enjoyable :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Actually, I'm working on a Confederacy of Dunces game, because I am sophisticated and I like sophisticated jokes like the guy who beats off to his dog.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

to keep this gaming related I would like to say that that image of stick of truth where it explains a censored screen only further confirmed to me how loving awful the game is and how dumb goons are. it will now be added to the "goons have terrible senses of humour and taste in games" list along with borderlands and saints row

You should take your concerns to my new Boxing Ring thread.

Al Borland has challenged me to a fight because he thinks the Wii U isn't worth the price:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691108#post439548268

I think this would be a good way for all of us to settle our differences gaming wise. Instead of saying Xbox Sucks maybe you and crafty can beat each other up in a game or something then everyone has fun!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Al Borland has challenged me to a fight because he thinks the Wii U isn't worth the price:

I think this would be a good way for all of us to settle our differences gaming wise. Instead of saying Xbox Sucks maybe you and crafty can beat each other up in a game or something then everyone has fun!
IDK why you aren't Games mod yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

IDK why you aren't Games mod yet.
No.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eye of Widesauron posted:

nah that's a lot of effort

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Why in the YOOL 2014 are games still using FXAA as the only AA option

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

- Putting effort into moderating threads
- Good thread ideas that would add to forum
- Seems to genuinely care about Games
- Not bitter and spiteful yet

These are the exact traits of a good mod.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

shut the fu k up stux

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stux could you stop agreeing with me, because every time i see it happen i have to rethink my entire life

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sadly, that tends to change sooner rather than later.

Me, I don't know, I'll probably end up playing Smash 4 3DS when the ball drops.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Why in the YOOL 2014 are games still using FXAA as the only AA option

what game is this? most have moved on that ive seen

FactsAreUseless posted:

- Putting effort into moderating threads
- Good thread ideas that would add to forum
- Seems to genuinely care about Games

These are the exact traits of a good mod.

don't want a mod that uses slurs thank

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

stux could you stop agreeing with me, because every time i see it happen i have to rethink my entire life

you should be glad my opinions esp regarding video games are v good

let's talk about how system shock should be revived after the utter cesspit of infinite

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

you're a retard

can you please take this to imp zone or byob this thread is for talking about games not u gettingd rly upset over posting for the millionth time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

I'm not a fan either but it's still a solid choice.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Stux posted:

Mordor. It has built in super sampling which I really appreciate in either case but my PC is an aging midrange rig and I'd rather not sacrifice that much framerate for decent image quality..

Also IDK what Alien uses but it isn't working

Edit: it has SMAA but there's still jaggies out the wazoo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

Uh I reserve the right to call someone who blue shells me the n word repeatedly in voice chat because that poo poo is really hosed up who does that to a homey when they are TOTALLY gonna win like what the actual gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

kewpuh has called people fags too

Stux posted:

you should be glad my opinions esp regarding video games are v good

let's talk about how system shock should be revived after the utter cesspit of infinite
system shock 2 had some cool voice acting from SHODAN but nothing in the entire 'shock' series, bio or system, has ever really been all that worthwhile.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Endorph posted:

system shock 2 had some cool voice acting from SHODAN but nothing in the entire 'shock' series, bio or system, has ever really been all that worthwhile.

System Shock 2 is amazing. An interesting fact I didn't even learn while playing is that it actually has the full stealth system from Thief in it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think Zen Death Robot should fight Zoq-Fot-Pik at something.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

nah i can post here instead

*nasal voice* Um sir excuse me can you please take your filth out of games

*dons jacket like tough guy from Breakfast Club*

"gently caress you"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

He;s been practicing more than me at fighting games latley it wouldn't end well for me

So has Al Borland and I'm probably about to get my rear end beat by him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

i didn't say I liked kewpih either

and nah system shock 1 was if nothing else pretty incredible in scope and accomplishment for its time and 2 is a legitimately great game which is still fun to play and has a better atmosphere than any modern horror game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

nah i can post here instead

please calm down

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You guys know how to transfer Steam games from one comp to another?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

You guys know how to transfer Steam games from one comp to another?

Uninstall them from one computer and sign into steam on another and install them there if they have limited installs; otherwise just sign into Steam and download them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if you mean avoiding re downloading I'm p sure you can just copy data from steam apps once you have started the installation on a new pc unless that's different now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Id rather have my dick be full of fistulae and get the flute guy from jethro tull to play freebird on my organ after eating a kilo of carolina reapers than have widestancer be a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Id rather have my dick be full of fistulae and get the flute guy from jethro tull to play freebird on my organ after eating a kilo of carolina reapers than have widestancer be a mod

• Locked thread