Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sazh's VA also totally nails it. the only way it could be more perfect is if he actually spoke the line "I'm getting too old for this poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Excels posted:

lol WoW sent out statues to people who had been playing for over ten years and they instantly appeared on eBay

Time to find out how much 10 years of their life is worth

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Pews posted:

Time to find out how much 10 years of their life is worth

apparently anywhere from $200 bucks to $999

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
who wants to do some crystal meth and play mario kart with me

e: my girlfriend might even join in :getin:

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Nasgate posted:

I don't play bad games, so why would i care about D3?

except all the games you play are bad. bad and poo poo.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Excels posted:

lol WoW sent out statues to people who had been playing for over ten years and they instantly appeared on eBay

Remember when Spore did this with people's creatures at trade shows because they were planning on the game being so beloved that people would be willing to order statues of their creatures after the game came out.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Remember when Spore did this with people's creatures at trade shows because they were planning on the game being so beloved that people would be willing to order statues of their creatures after the game came out.

Spore was going to be something great, but then Bad Things happened and the planets fell out of alignment and the actual game we got was complete garbage.

So many finished evolutionary stages, just chopped out at every turn. Executive meddling is a horrible thing.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alexey Pajitnov should send me an L block statue for getting addicted to Tetris once a year every year since I was like 7

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Alexey Pajitnov should send me an L block statue for getting addicted to Tetris once a year every year since I was like 7

that's just teaching you pattern recognition and good memory skills though.

in comparison i am not sure how much credit WoW might have as a brain training tool.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Starbound is on sale for 25% off today, should I go for it?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

Do you have a mental disability that significantly lowers your IQ? If yes, than you should totally get Starbound.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

My favorite part is the steam reviews that all say "Not recommended - 350 hours on record" and such

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i did all of the quests in Oblivion. every one including the expansions. at the end i put away all my things, got the sheggorath staff and regalia, and went to new sheoth to sit in my throne before i saved it and closed the game forever.

i played some Arena but i kept getting killed over and over again in the second dungeon, so i think i have to start over. it's real hard but it has some catchy music.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

My favorite part is the steam reviews that all say "Not recommended - 350 hours on record" and such

Well that's how you know you can trust that opinion. It comes from deep experience with the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starbound is really good because of how many people got butthurt over the developers using the money to pay for things like rent, food, and bills. Like what do people think development money goes towards?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually if you don't like the WoW art style, it's you that's the retard

everyone runs around like they have a brick shoved up their rear end though

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Starbound is really good because of how many people got butthurt over the developers using the money to pay for things like rent, food, and bills. Like what do people think development money goes towards?

tightening up the graphics obviously

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

I'd do 50% off, not 25, because the game isnt finished yet. So no. But it is good fun.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I said come in! posted:

The devs have completely failed to live up to the promises they made and the game is nowhere near finished, it's p. reasonable to criticise them for that IMHO.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sleeveless posted:

The devs have completely failed to live up to the promises they made and the game is nowhere near finished, it's p. reasonable to criticise them for that IMHO.

Lol no they haven't

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lmao at people mad at starbound

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Terraria is a finished game that is worth a play

Starbound is an unfinished game that replaces most of terrarias content with a space ship

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Is Starbound that game that had ridiculous amounts of money funneled into it and will never, ever be good? Like you have idiots buying ships for insane amounts of cash?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

James Woods Fan posted:

Is Starbound that game that had ridiculous amounts of money funneled into it and will never, ever be good? Like you have idiots buying ships for insane amounts of cash?
No that's Star Citizen

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

James Woods Fan posted:

No and i don't understand how you could forget star citizen or confuse it with a different game

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Is there like a tl;dr thread for the Star Citizen drama? It's loving hilarious what I've seen already.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Tldr the game has made 60 million dollars from nerd with too much money, because it promises the world (incl the ability to destroy the ships they paid for)

Thats all anyone needs to know about the space ship game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

It's pretty bad, yeah. They've accomplished jack dick in the year or so since I bought the game, and are still working on their 17th or so failed damage rework because they're incompetent morons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Shortest Path posted:

It's pretty bad, yeah. They've accomplished jack dick in the year or so since I bought the game, and are still working on their 17th or so failed damage rework because they're incompetent morons.

they should have just shoehorned their dumb spaceship into terraria if they wanted it so badly instead of reinventing the wheel. i don't even get what the big deal about the space ship is. you fill it with fuel to go to a planet that is just as meaningless as the planet you start on

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

James Woods Fan posted:

Eve?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

Terraria is a finished game that is worth a play

Starbound is an unfinished game that replaces most of terrarias content with a space ship

Terraria put out a bigass free content update around the same time Starbound hit just to further drive home how much better it is in every way.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

they should have just shoehorned their dumb spaceship into terraria if they wanted it so badly instead of reinventing the wheel. i don't even get what the big deal about the space ship is. you fill it with fuel to go to a planet that is just as meaningless as the planet you start on

One of the issues with Starbound iirc is that it's lead developer is the art guy from Terraria and he did all the art first. So now he's stuck going back with whatever people he's hired to go back and actually make the game work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9pmNcd2rk

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That dude suplexed a dragon

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

never buy crafting games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arena is an impenetrable mystery in which it is actually difficult to find your way outside of any given town and you can easily be murdered just walking through the streets after dark. I am determined to meet its challenge.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

Arena is an impenetrable mystery in which it is actually difficult to find your way outside of any given town and you can easily be murdered just walking through the streets after dark. I am determined to meet its challenge.

It gets ridiculously easy once you get a little later on, especially as a magic user(this is a pattern in Elder Scrolls). Passwall owns.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Where'd the rules thread go? Cuz I really wanna make fun of a fat nerd but I'm not sure if that's verboten due to context.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Where'd the rules thread go? Cuz I really wanna make fun of a fat nerd but I'm not sure if that's verboten due to context.
Threads about how much you hate yourself go in E/N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:drat:

• Locked thread