Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just got around to starting on the Korra game, and drat it's surprisingly hard. I'm hardly an expert Platinum games player, but I think I died more times on the second mech boss than I did in the entirety of Bayonetta 2, on normal mode for both. Korra is made of glass, and having to charge before you do appreciable damage is hard to adapt to compared to just hitting hard right out of the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jon Do posted:

I rolled spear and shotgun in Bastion and loved it with a mobile playstyle. Then I went through it again with several other weapon combos/upgrades immediately. Then I went through the arena things repeatedly with different weapons. Amazing game. The music, the art, the way the world flies up to meet your feet. Man.

I hear Transistor is neat but not the same kind of fun...

The weapon balance in Bastion is fantastic and definitely its strongest point gameplay-wise. They all feel different and useful.

Transistor is also neat but flawed. It has some great moments, particularly the final boss, but the gameplay mechanics fall short of their ambition.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Left work a bit late tonight, so Arby's and beer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One of the main benefits of moving away from all your friends is never having to play CAH or Apples to Apples again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Is it just me or are satisfying last bosses a dead art?

You must not play Platinum games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cats are in fact capable of forming personal attachments. hosed up, but true.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Excels posted:

amiibo hacking is well on its way, they've already figured out how to register an amiibo as a different character (for example, Duck Hunt)

they're hoping through testing that they can hack a set of amiibos to give you all the custom moves as gifts, which would make it much quicker to use in tourneys

Isn't there still the problem of the time it takes to create the custom characters?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Problem Sleuth posted:

how the gently caress does having your phone and wallet in your front pockets give you a bad back

Putting them in your back pockets is the one that gives you the bad back. Front pockets makes you look like a teenager... somehow.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GW2's gold economy has kind of stabilized to an okay place for a non-subscription game. Unless you're after the rare skins, you can just trade like $10 for gold and outfit a character or two with what is basically maxed out armor, which would take much longer through frinding in game. Since you can convert funbux to gold and vice versa, the cash shop is basically their gold sink now rather than repair costs. There's still some inflation with that, and its effectiveness depends on them continuing to put things people would want in the cash shop. Getting gold in game is super tedious, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Wow also managed to somehow make Warcraft lore dumber and chose loving toontown art direction. No matter the gameplay, if your game looks, sounds, and reads retarded, you made a poo poo game.

Warcraft was always toontown art direction, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

My favorite part is the steam reviews that all say "Not recommended - 350 hours on record" and such

Well that's how you know you can trust that opinion. It comes from deep experience with the game.

• Locked thread