Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Somebody sort of needs to license the series stateside for that to actually happen.

And no, Viz's little test dub on Crunchyroll does not count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

If they get Stardust Crusaders they better sure as poo poo get the 2012 season as well.

And do it right, of course. That means loving Roundabout.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That would also sadly mean Phantom Blood.

God drat is Phantom Blood boring as hell.

I like Phantom Blood. :colbert:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm sorry but goddamn.

Phantom Blood isn't without its moments but it can't top Battle Tendency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxlJJdh_0Kc

And Battle Tendency is bullshit compared to the rest of the series.

I never said Battle Tendency wasn't better. Its just that I wouldn't be against re-watching Phantom Blood if it meant the series would be dubbed and air on Toonami.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Oh yeah Ghost in the Shell is also stretched 4:3 of a letterboxed 16:9 image so it ends up looking hilariwide too

It would have been neat if Major wore a suit more often

Didn't Bleach and FMA:B have the same issue going on as well?

I mean, that poo poo looks atrocious.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I hope you guys are ready for more Huey, because Stephanie Sheh voices Nui in KLK.

I expected this for a while now. I guess they just needed to wait until they had more stuff dubbed since they probably have 1-19 dubbed now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

On the one hand, Solid, KLK's not the next AOT but it's a decent little worker of a cartoon and it acquits itself without too much hassle (Except that scene of course because, frankly we can't even begin to have a discussion about that without everyone turning into children who mistake 'six' for 'sex' and make childish oh'ing when anyone says it) and I can think of worse new show choices right now what with Viz's Sailor Moon being a visual shitheap.

Hey alongside DBZ Kai it might not look too bad, and besides with how shittily the HD feed is compressed (at least it is on cable) the visual blunders of Viz's Sailor Moon wouldn't even really show up most likely.

But yeah, I enjoy KLK. Its not meant to be taken seriously and its just a fun trip. It gets weird at the end but this is Pseudo-Gainax Trigger we're talking about here, its fairly typical.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Well I guess that means so long IGPX and Samurai Jack then.

Rediculous that they're still sticking Bleach in there though. Think it'd be more cost efficient to put a show they own there instead of Bleach reruns but :shrug:.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I never really watched the reruns anyway. I'm more relieved that they didn't just cancel the block outright and that the new stuff is still doing good enough to keep.

Yeah, at least they're keeping the new stuff. Sucks for people who were watching the reruns though. I couldn't bother to keep myself awake watching old stuff anyway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

bull3964 posted:

Unsupervised was pretty drat good. I was kinda upset when FX unceremoniously canceled it.

Maybe they'll pick up Ugly Americans too.

I think that's something Comedy Central did themselves, didn't they? Not really something that a competitor can air.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Personally I think the mistake people made is watching Kill la Kill on their own instead of being patient, waiting for when Adult Swim inevitably picked it up and watching it for their first time as a support group

That's how we all got through Sword Art and that's how I'm gonna get through this lovely anime

Hey now, the first 12 or so episodes are at least semi-decent.

Its the second half of the show where things sort of fall apart and get a little boring.

Well I mean, if you can get past the incessant T&A shots.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 5, 2015

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

But Viz is Canadians. That means instead of Troy Baker or actual badass people doing the voices, we just get a bunch of boring Terrence & Phillip noise. Why should I be excited aboot that?

Actually I think they do most of their dubs out of Studiopolis now like Aniplex.
That's why the test dub had Matt Mercer and Patrick Seitz as Jotaro and Dio respectively.

Viz also hates Canada and refuses to stream their stuff to them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

At least it will be remembered as a series that was too good to last.

And if we're lucky Mr. Pickles will just end up as Minoriteam did, wallowing in obscurity.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Very nice, if I do say so myself.

Don't get used to her looking like this. Her next outfit is....it's not amazing.

Not in the least.

If you think KLK is bad with its costume designs, Yoko's TTGL 2nd half outfit is... ugh.

The Yomako version of her sort of evens that out though, even if she loses the ponytail.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

The end of this show is bad, how's that for pessimistic

The end of TTGL, like all Imashi works, makes up for the bad poo poo that starts creeping in after the halfway point. Same applies to KLK, and debateably PSG.

Also since I missed KLK chat the first OP runs till like episode 16 or something, the better one only has a few episodes. Also did they cut it at all like they do for the rest of them?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

No they seemed to play the whole OP

Surprising. I imagine it'll probably get cut down next week.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, Jason said that a couple scenes in KLK would be edited down and I know exactly the ones he's talking about.

Stuff from ep 4 or stuff later on?

If people want that poo poo they know where to get it, pay Aniplex.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

They're good at using it, though. Panty and Stocking pretty much made it part of the joke.

Speaking of this episode comes off as very PSG-esque.

Its a lot of fun.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Gaiza posted:

12 weeks until the suffering. You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough when it comes to Kill la Kill.

You sure its not 13 weeks?
15 is pretty dire too.

By the way, for those who don't like the current OP, the other one is somewhat better music-wise (animation is sort of balls though) but its only present in the not-as-fun second half.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

A weird thing about that new Dragonball Xenoverse game is that it uses all the DBZ Kai voice actors but the translation isn't exactly the same. Like when Piccolo kills Raditz in the game he says Special Beam Cannon still.

Yeah i noticed they still use Destructo Disk for Krillin's special.

I heard they got specific Classic Z actors back though so I think its a mix rather than just Kai.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I don't have any issue, I'm fine with the Z dub terminology but I know some people prefer the original/Kai dub terminology.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Akibaranger season 2 obviously.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Gurren Lagann: With the power of love, Team Dai-Gurren breaks through dimensions to find the Anti-Spiral homeworld. A bunch of secondary characters die.

Just an aside, in the movie version of TTGL (Which is just a re-telling with some changes, mostly regarding the large battle sequences. Its not dubbed so that sucks.) this whole mass death thing just never happens and every character that's killed off in that sequence lives to the very end.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So they're dumping the One Piece encore for KotH, okay, maybe not great for people who miss the week before but its not a big loss.

But they're dumping the KotH power hour for Cleveland? :barf:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

JT Jag posted:

The Cleveland Show is so bad that it regularly made jokes about it getting cancelled before it actually got cancelled. The show itself knew that it was a lovely doomed spinoff. I don't know why Adult Swim gives it so much time.

Gotta get what they paid for, I imagine.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

There's three episodes dubbed of Stardust.

Granted, that's a test dub but they're dubbed.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Has the bumps board on their message board always had that "THE DAWN IS YOUR ENEMY" image from some time back as the background?

All of the general boards (Save for incoherent rambling) are in that lovely 90s board style.

Also, other anime:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Kill la Kill: Ryuko fights Inumuta and starts fighting Nonon. I'm sorry, there's not a lot happening right now. Things will happen tonight and you'll wish they didn't.

Oh poo poo, we're at the episode where opinions on the series begin to divide now, aren't we?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Or rather, what happened after the studio got bored with the fight school routine.

I will say that the next 4 or so episodes aren't really bad per se, but they're not the same as the stuff before. Its really after that where things sort of take a down turn.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Wait PSG is on Adult swim?

poo poo I usually pass out drunk near/after KLK in the pretooonami stuff

Nah, that's part of the goonami stream they do during shonen dead hour (AKA Naruto and Inuyasha.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

No, funimation won't dub the new one until the buu saga is finished airing

That's next week.

Speaking of, have they even dubbed any Kai Buu Saga yet?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

no in america

Guess they really didn't have to get any done considering they won't even get to that arc on Toonami till like two years from now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

what if

they just aired two episodes of dbz kai a week.

They do that already

unfortunately, one of them is a repeat.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Eh, I could think of worse ideas.

Aniplex and Viz block.

KLK, SAO, Inuyasha and Naruto only.

It'd kill the block so fast.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

It just looks like they're doing what they did with AoT, giving people a chance to catch up.

Besides, Memorial Day Weekend is a slow weekend for TV most likely. Don't want to put things that are new up on that weekend (Except DBZ Kai apparently, guess that falls under Dandy Rule).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Well they don't have 6 hours to burn this time.

And there's been 15 eps of KLK so far while AoT only has like 13 or so.

• Locked thread