Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Just stumbled on this Triumph show and it's awesome. I love Maltin in the closet and Triumph being Triumph.

Maltin's movie reviews are the source for the Leonard Maltin game, which you can hear played on most Doug Loves Movies podcasts. He's also the guy that gave Laserblast 2.5 stars, for you MST3K fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oh man, I really want an episode of nothing but people screwing up lines and Triumph busting their balls for it :allears:.

Time to dig around for the other episodes that have already aired, man I love this show!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Nappa nooooooo! Vegeta you dick!

Man Dragon ball Z was awesome, best anime of my childhood and one of the first I ever saw.

Edit: Oh sweet Kill la Kill is on adult swim, that actually makes perfect sense. I'll have to check out the dub. I certainly recommend it, if you haven't see it yet!

Edit x2: Also it's great that Toonami is doing well enough to still be a thing. I hope it continues to be a saturday night staple (in a perfect word Saturday and Sunday night, but I guess we best not be greedy) for the forseeable future.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 8, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

To each their own, naturally. It's certainly a polarizing show, I'm just on the positive side of it. If others want to join me in the swamp pits they are welcome.

I'll be there for Kaguya, I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Goonami is a raw cage of emotion tonight thanks to Princess Kaguya :qq:.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Malekith basically had a religious experience, the rest of us mostly digged it except for all of us wanting to blow up the moon.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Lil' Bamboo had to go home, you guys.

:qq::qq::qq: She just wanted to stay! With Husbanduuuuuu :qq::qq::qq:

Maleketh posted:

Fun fact: Only about 50% of people can spell my username right.

Sigh, I'm better than that usually. Apologies. I'm too moved by Kaguya.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Caught the end of that without context, probably gonna have to mainline TTGL in the near future.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oda is the absolute man, I love creators who don't take their stuff too seriously and interact even with their somewhat pervy fans. He's also amazing at making characters that you REALLY want to see be straight up murdered by the protagonists.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Slayers still underway in Goonami, c'mon down!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ryuko and Mako are actually the same person.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Mako's family is losing their way!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Argus Zant posted:

couldn't we have stuck around at the 1-star rank?

i mean, the opulent wealth and apathy towards your fellow man sucked, but you know what was nice? meals containing real meat

No, it's corrupt all the way down! You can't participate in the system!

Definitely a solid episode.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Can't get behind any ending that kills a waifu.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

What's the status on Goonami? I wasn't able to catch last week's apparently insane Akibaranger episode, so I'm hoping to catch that along with the finale (if that wasn't seen last week). Also Slayers or anything else is fun to watch with Goons as well. It seems like the Goonami synchtube is still buggy, so fill me in on what's up if you can Waffle-san.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

We finished Akibaranger last week, and I'm home for Easter with a capped connection, so Goonami is off for the week.

Ah, thanks for update. I hope you can find something Akiba quality for the future. Happen to have links to the last 2 Akibaranger episodes handy? I gotta check them out, even if I'm missing out on the awesome experience of chatting about them and freaking out about the Pentagon.

I would've been there last weekend, but I was off at my cousin's as a kind of hangout weekend leading in to watching Wrestlemania.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks for the link. We were watching the end of season 1 of Akibaranger right?

Tiger & Bunny I can get behind, and Baccano is something I haven't seen so that's always nice, and I've heard good things about it.

As far as 12 episode series, I think the second season of Psycho-Pass is about 12 eps, and I know Death Parade is 12 episodes and that was fun. It led to an all-time great ADTRW gif if nothing else. I don't know about older series off the top of my head, but I trust your judgment as always.

Just don't make me want to blow up the moon again. loving moon people. GODDAMN moon people! Ugh.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Good choice of Series Waffle. I guess I gotta start hanging out in the thread for SAO, since it's certainly prompting discussion and there are plenty of moments coming up I'd love to see the thread's reaction too.

All I'll say is that I hope you like Sinon's buttcrack, because you'll be seeing it a LOT.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Panty and Stocking would be my top choice, then Blue Blazes, then Akibaranger S2. Baccano trumps all, but I think that's the plan for later already.

I think all of the above are fine options to get to eventually, though.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I can also recommend Speed Grapher for Goonami or as something for anime fans to track down. A pretty fun take on societal corruption, the power money has over people, and a nice mix of what are essentially super powers based off of a person's desires.

[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, weird title aside, is also a fun exploration of economics, it's basically people battling each other with their "assets" which represent their future possibility. Win and you get money, lose and your future and present conditions can be altered, up to and including having children wiped from existence.

Speed Grapher was more intellectually interesting to me, but [C] Control is a much prettier anime, being quite a bit more recent. Both are worth a watch, in my opinion. Speed Grapher is the more mature series by far and has some properly hosed up goings on, so it'd probably be funner to throw into the Goonami stream and see people's reactions.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

WickedHate posted:

I've heard good things about Speed Grapher and have wanted to watch it before, that'd be neat.

This is the second OP of the series, which I think sells it better than the following words by me selling it. Even if you aren't looking for a new series, check this out because it's rad and a rare case of a western song being used in an anime OP and fitting perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bT1IgtsCsQ

It's worth a watch, the easiest place to do so online is Hulu, which has it both dubbed and subbed for free. The usual :filez: sources apply if you're looking for a direct download.

It opens with a photographer sneaking into an underground sex club (that also hands out superpowers on rare occasions) and takes off from there. At one point our hero (very mild spoiler) holds up a wedding with cameras strapped all over his body.

It's just the sort of series I can see Toonami picking up, and given that it's 10 years old now (drat time flies) with a completed dub hopefully it shows up on Toonami someday. I'll certainly take a Goonami airing as well though, plenty of moments to freak out about live.

Hell, at this point I'll go ahead and change my top vote for the next series we watch from PSG to Speed Grapher, though since it's Waffle doing all the work I'll go with what works for him and PSG is a very strong second to me personally. You do have to think on occasion with Grapher, which is rarely the case with PSG, so it might work better at some point in a 11 p.m. slot than a 1 a.m. slot. I'm admittedly more than a little clouded with nostalgia for a great anime from my youth, but I think it'd be a fun time.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah fair enough, I'd love to see Speed Grapher aired on Goonami over the summer or when you get back, but that's my own selfish desire.

I'm looking forward to a Kirito's first bit of time in GGO, it's pretty bananas.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Gaijin like you just don't understand

Yup, here we go!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ruggington posted:

aaaaahhhhh saaaawwdaaaaaaa

:allears:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I appreciate them sticking with 10,000 yen rather than just changing it to a USD figure.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Renton/Ichigo/Johnny Yong Bosch with the save!

Postal Parcel posted:

Well, they are in Japan :shrug:
Yeah, but a lot of dubs try to Americanize everything. I'm probably just traumatized from bad dubs.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hace posted:

why does the girl who hates guns play a gun video game

They'll explain it pretty quickly. In fact, she's literally explaining her reasoning right now!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

They're RECORDER missiles, dumbass! :colbert:

Yeah that's what I said in Goonami!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Where is Kiritoooooo

Soooooooon.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Everybody ready to see literal murder, cause here we go!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

So yeah, she has some issues with guns.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The Grimace posted:

Girl saves (almost) entire bank from crazy gunman robber, bank looks on at girl in horror. Girl is traumatized and plays online video games with guns.

yup

Keep in mind it's a different culture there. I have to imagine there'd be a fair amount of shock if that happened in the U.S., in Japan where guns are super rare everyone is justifiably flat-out stunned.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Argus Zant posted:

so wait, this kid locks up from PTSD at the sight of a loving finger-gun

yet she plays a loving VR MMO that prominently features VR FIREARMS

i'm not the only one who sees a bit of a conflict in those concepts, right

The show will get into this more, but she sees herself in the game as a separate identity. She wants to get to be more like Shinon in real life, and is trying to use the game in therapy since she can separate a game gun from a real gun.

I'm not saying it's sensible, but this is going to be a major thing going forward, so :getin:.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Haha, yep only one MMO at a time. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of ALO though.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Bad touch nurse!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I hate this.

Explain your hatred.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Could an online post from an online forum get someone banned in real life?

Gifmasters, please change the bullet coming out of the internet and moving all over the room into it hitting and causing a banning, or send a tiny ban moving all over the room instead. Thanks!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

That clip also has my one gripe with the dub. In the original Japanese, whenever the Demon Sisters said the word "rule," it was in English with rolled Rs, so it was like rrrrrrrrurrrrrru, and it was very pleasant to listen to.

Aww, they don't have the rolling r's in the dub? Lame. I mean, everything else in the dub is freaking amazing, but that's a bummer.

Oh, and I poked around youtube for a bit, here's that scene (and a bit more, so don't watch the whole thing if you want to avoid spoilers) with the glorious rolling r's and bits of English intact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-UNn5DAzFU.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 18, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Gohan and Krillin sense an evil premise, but they start searching for the Dragon Balls anyway.

They sense an entire show based around a guy slapping a kid who completely deserved it. Truly the most evil premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The really good Panty is coming up, you didn't miss all that much, although the dub was still rad.

I remember enjoying KLK basically throughout, so I guess I just have wrong opinions. I will agree that things are about to veer into crazy territory though.

SAO's going to get real good though, can't wait to hear the thread's reaction to Kirito's avatar.

• Locked thread