Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Do your homework thoroughly. How much space do you have indoors and out. How much time will you have to devote to walks in the event the dog you bring home needs a lot of exercise. Consider the health issues whatever breed you are interested may develop as they get older. And lastly please go to a shelter first before you get any dog, there are so many great dogs and cats stuck in shelters who really need a home it is a drat shame.

That's my PSA on adopting shelter dogs and don't think I have a soft spot fuckers or else. This is not a sign of weakness!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

buy from here, they seem really cool and hey, a wolfdog? badass.

http://www.rarebreedexotics.com/index.html

pig slut lisa

irl is good

if you get a dog from a shelter you won't know what kind of problems it has (likely answer: a ton) whereas if you buy from someone who knows what they're doing like the link i posted you can be guaranteed that you're getting a happy, healthy, and well-trained pooch

Synathaesia

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

this just in: demonR6 is irreconcilably emotional and a pussy

poverty goat

pig slut lisa posted:

if you get a dog from a shelter you won't know what kind of problems it has (likely answer: a ton) whereas if you buy from someone who knows what they're doing like the link i posted you can be guaranteed that you're getting a happy, healthy, and well-trained pooch

or maybe just an inbred AKC reject with hip dysplasia

alnilam

if you're wporried about FutureBaby, rescue a dog but get one that is a puppy, adult rescues with previous owner issues are great and need homes too, but may be unpredictable in the face of a Baby, you never know

like i'd personally be happy to rescue a slightly crazy adult doggy but that's cause i don't have a baby to worry about, too

ty manifisto

pig slut lisa

irl is good

gggiiimmmppp posted:

or maybe just an inbred AKC reject with hip dysplasia

if you get a mixed breed it's more likely to have health issues and genetic predispositions to future complications

demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

I have two dogs both rescues. One is a spaniel mix we got when she was around a year old, put her through training classes at the local PetSmart. The other is an American Cocker Spaniel, estimate is that he was around ten years old when we got him. The only issue with the cocker is separation anxiety which can happen with any dog regardless of you getting it as a puppy or full grown adult. The only health issue was with the cocker and that was his teeth which is partially due to diet, age and lack of care by the previous owner(s) but after a few visits to have his teeth cleaned by a lady who does natural cleaning not requiring a visit to the vet to get put under and charge me $700 he is doing much much better. Otherwise both good dogs from a shelter. I do know of one person who works with my wife who has adopted and two out of three are nightmares but that is because she chose dogs not compatible with her family and lifestyle.

Either way, do your homework thoroughly before you go out to get a new pet of any kind whether it is a dog, cat, snake or armadillo so it does not end up at a shelter.

Also Syn I love you. Let's cross swords later.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
basset hounds are lazy as all get out and love to chill. they tend to howl a bit tho

mutts make great dogs too

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Synathaesia

beagles are really great too, but i still stand by saying get a lab mutt

poverty goat

Synathaesia posted:

beagles are really great too, but i still stand by saying get a lab mutt

beagles are chill as gently caress and love their families and they are so non-aggressive that they are the #1 dogs in animal testing because you can loving brutalize a beagle and it won't bite you, which is sad, and a great reason to rescue a beagle.

source:

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

gggiiimmmppp posted:

beagles are chill as gently caress and love their families and they are so non-aggressive that they are the #1 dogs in animal testing because you can loving brutalize a beagle and it won't bite you, which is sad, and a great reason to rescue a beagle.

source:

yes please rescue beagles

my parents beagle likes to steal bread rolls :3:

thanks Manifisto!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

get one of these

i am he

meme dog

pig slut lisa

irl is good

get one of these

alnilam

pig slut lisa posted:

get one of these

op wants doggy recommendations, not stuffy toy recommendations

ty manifisto

pig slut lisa

irl is good

get one of these

pig slut lisa

irl is good

get one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLc3h7kgcc4

Synathaesia

mailorder bees! posted:

yes please rescue beagles

my parents beagle likes to steal bread rolls :3:

do you have video of this?

i would like to die

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
unfortunately no video

it always happens so fast and without warning

thanks Manifisto!

Synathaesia

hey aab, by the way, my parents old dog was named pepper and your thread tag made me cry you bitch

Captain No-mates

get the meme dog its from the internet

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

Captain No-mates posted:

get the meme dog its from the internet

where can i download one?

thanks Manifisto!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

get one of these

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

pig slut lisa posted:

get one of these

hosed up tiny dogs

thanks Manifisto!

Bread Set Jettison

*enters into thread in a lab coat with gigantic oversized glasses and posts in a russian accent*

Greyhound

alnilam

get one of these

ty manifisto

Captain No-mates

mailorder bees! posted:

where can i download one?

don't tell anyone i told you this but the dark net

poverty goat

Synathaesia posted:

do you have video of this?

i would like to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ym0rxisOpw

Synathaesia

Bread Set Jettison posted:

*enters into thread in a lab coat with gigantic oversized glasses and posts in a russian accent*

Greyhound

I just saw someone else in here earlier who looked kinda like you saying greyhound, do you have brothers?

demonR6

This why I crate my dogs in the laundry room during the day. They cannot jump over the four foot pet gate and it's secured to the frame of the door so they cannot tag team and bowl it over. I already know the cat is shiesty as gently caress and cannot be trusted but it's a cat, I know what it does. The dog however would do bad poo poo. Hell our spaniel loves ice, we were outside working on the back yard and came back.. floor is wet. Looking all over for a leak but its in an odd place. After doing some more looking around she had left one ice cube partially eaten, either she got bored or spooked when we came back in. I went back to the fridge and sure enough you could see where she marked on the door being stainless steel with her paws as she was working on clicking the lever on the door.

Synathaesia

FadingChord posted:

hey aab get a beagle

verbal enema

onlymarfans.com
Beagles are good dogs I have one o named her Mio

tao of lmao

pig slut lisa posted:

i think you should just get whatever kind of dog and then come back to us with questions about what type of baby you should get/produce

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Huskies / Malamutes seem super smart. You should get one of them.

----------------

smoobles

alnilam posted:

get one of these

is this real

----------------

Synathaesia

Al Borland posted:

Huskies / Malamutes seem super smart. You should get one of them.

too high maintenance imo unless you got time to devote

Al Borland

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AkTdvTOngo
Get that.

smoobles posted:

is this real

You've never seen the plaguehounds?

----------------

Bread Set Jettison

AAB posted:

medium. the reasoning for breed is to get along with her cat and will be nice to new probable babies

lol at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB

hi bread I am not considering a greyhound at all
beagle is a likely option???

• Locked thread