Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

IOwnCalculus posted:

Far more famous for his appearance on The Bachelorette than any of his limited racing career.

And in P7, Mark Plourde.

I think you mean multiple-ChampCar World Champion Mark Plourde.

... sorry

Former ChampCar World Champion Mark Plourde.

http://champcar-ws.com

Ricardo Zonta is the current reigning ChampCar world champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

IceAgeComing posted:

live tv coverage on bt sports and espn, channels which about ten people in the uk know they get

although its still better than nascar, which is on premier sports which seems to broadcast only nascar, british ice hockey and greyhound racing and charges you £10 a month for the privilege

£12 a month now!

It had NHL games constantly clashing with the NASCAR coverage. Also watching hurling before a race was a random benefit.

edit: they haven't even confirmed they have the 2015 rights to air it yet.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Greetings, IndyCar

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117435 posted:

Former Marussia Formula 1 driver Max Chilton will link up with Carlin in a joint development programme this year as both parties set their sights on a 2016 IndyCar programme.

Chilton will assist in the team's maiden Indy Lights campaign this year alongside already-signed driver Ed Jones, as well as carrying out an IndyCar test programme ahead of a potential race deal next season.

He will begin his duties with a three-day test at Homestead next week.

"I'm very excited to be assisting Carlin in the USA," said the 22-year-old.

"While I'm still considering my options for 2015, the IndyCar package presents an interesting challenge, and by assisting with the development of the Indy Lights team, I'm keeping my options open for an IndyCar programme in 2016 based on a strong foundation of knowledge and experience.

"Hopefully I can also help the guys at Carlin get as much as possible out of their first season in the USA."

Team owner Trevor Carlin said that Chilton's experience would be an asset in helping to fast-track the team's adaptation to the USA.

"We are very excited to embark on a long term programme in America, and to have Max involved in that from the very start will make us a strong package," he said.

"This season is very much about finding our feet as a team in the USA, and Max's experience will be invaluable to that.

"For Max, we see 2015 very much as a chance to prepare him for a successful potential debut in IndyCar in 2016 and it made sense to help each other in those preparations."

Chilton spent two years in F1 with Marussia, achieving a career-best result of 13th in Australia and Bahrain last year.

Enjoy Max.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

IceAgeComing posted:

i suppose we now know why they announced the barnhart thing yesterday ;)

e: here's indycar's initial statement, in .jpg form

I like how they spelt "cancelled" correctly.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

Possibly Chicken posted:

It had to be Plourde

It just has to be.

He was getting new photo stock so he doesn't have to keep reusing the 10 year old random photos he usually uses.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erroS06vD_Q

loving hard as hell to play with a controller though. Forza and NASCAR Thunder was far more easy to do that with.

I remember having that game on preorder, then finding out that they had cancelled the UK release of it. Not happy.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

They did, it's called NASCAR Whelen Euro Series or something.

They set up cones in an oval shape in a car park and race around it.

That's the Whelen pro whatnot series.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Here we have the replay of the Sato crash, from the Japanese commentators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjiq5zY8MZY

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

Mark Plourde

He can re-reunite the series!