Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Lamb pot roasts are truly the best lazy mans food. I usually do:
a couple pounds of lamb leg. (Feeds 4 for 2 meals easy) Cut the fat off or don't. Your call...
a can or so of chopped tomatoes
a quartered onion
a bunch of quartered potatoes
a bunch of halved carrots.
Vegeta (Available everywhere these days)
Paprika
Fennugreek
Cumin
Cayenne
Black Pepper
Juniper berries (Crushed but not ground)
Red Wine to cover. Lots of it. Preferably something sweet and lovely. A Carlo Rossi 2014 or Boone's 2015 should answer. If you can buy a 2016, do it. Again, you're looking for sugar here, not quality. Young and lovely...

This process takes about 5-10 minutes before you go to bed.

Throw that mofo in the oven at 225f. You just want it to catch a boil after a few hours in the oven.
Turn it down to 200 when you get up in the morning and leave it to steep in the oven until you get home from work. The meat will shred at this point so you won't be cutting pieces off.

Be warned, your house will be quite fragrant when you get home. Push out the marrow first and stir into the mixture. Serve over rice with saffron. Enjoy the lamb-y-ness and grease.

You can reduce the cook time to 4 hours if you bring the mixture to a boil on the stovetop first and then chuck it in a 225f oven for about 4 hrs. The meat will not shred that well though, you will have to cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread