Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikojan
May 12, 2010

A shame this game isn't getting more attention, even with the 50% off.

Getting a high amount of satisfaction from solving these puzzles and never left one with a frustrated feeling. I'm reaching the end of C-block now and so far the only thing that really should have been re-evaluated is the big tetris puzzles; they require no skill to complete just a very long chore of trial and error.

Can't say much about the story so far but the atmosphere is very well constructed. The messages from the other bots, the psychological debates with some mysterious computer entity, the questionable nature of Elohim and his world, the vaguely referenced end of the world... All very intriguing and a bit grimdark.

I haven't even delved into collecting the stars apart from some I got by accident (like 5 or so), which looks like some serious metagaming. Is the reward any satisfying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

Do you want me to tell you?

I guess I don't really :)

Even if the reward at the end is a bit underwhelming I feel like collecting some of the very obscure ones will satisfy me enough!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Looks like I'm hopelessly stuck on Dead Man's Switch.

Spent at least an hour in there not even able to find out the first step. I love these puzzles in tiny areas where the problem is eazy to frame but very difficult to actually solve.

Guess I'll be taking a drawing to work tomorrow trying to figure this one out :D

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

There were a lot of puzzles in this game which I started typing out a post saying "Guys, I'm on puzzle X and my problem is..." and about then something would click in my brain and I'd think "what if I tried THAT"?

Dead Man's Switch took me a while as well. If you want a hint, here's one to get you started: You only need the switch held down for a second.

I took at a look at the drawing at work and figured a solution out in a few moments. Some of these problems just require you to have a better overall view of the situation I guess.
I was actually kind of dissapointed about how simple the solution was :D

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Finished it! Had to use a guide for the very last tetris puzzle because I was losing my patience.

Got chills during the ending sequence. Great game, highly recommending it.

Now for the final ending, this will take me some time I guess. I completed the base game in about 15 hours. How long would you recon it would take me to get all stars?

• Locked thread