Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Date of Execution:
October 5, 1994

Offender:
Walter Williams #722

Last Statement:
(Mumbled something about he wished his whole life would have been spent as Islamic.)

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_info/hernandezjesselast.html

quote:

The ironic twist to the arrest and crime was that when police officers arrested Williams, they found the murder weapon lying next to the only birthday card Williams received on his birthday. The card was from Liepold [the Victim].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Date of Execution:
September 9, 1998

Offender:
Delbert Teague, Jr.

Last Statement:
I have come here today to die, not make speeches. Today is a good day for dying.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas (My Honor Is My Life).
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_info/teaguedelbertlast.html

What the gently caress? Is Texas executing Klingons now?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Unoriginal Name posted:

jesus christ death and prison time are different you autistic gently caress

Anything else than accepting this premise is obviously ridiculous. People who think doing 15 and being electrocuted to death until your eyes catch on fire are qualitatively similar have lost all perspective and are chasing some crazy argument down a rabbit hole.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I believe the imposition of the death penalty could be argued as a positive from certain historical perspectives. For example, I think the execution of Charles I was a wholly defensible and probably highly necessary historical moment. Likewise, I believe that the execution of a captured Adolph Hitler could have been justified. Not from a moral perspective per se, just from a sense of historical necessity. For ordinary citizens, I don't believe it is defensible under any circumstances, except perhaps in certain very dire war circumstances - but even then I am unconvinced.

• Locked thread