Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Execution #3:

Date of Execution:

March 30, 1984

Offender:

Ronald Clark O’Bryan #529

Last Statement:

What is about to transpire in a few moments is wrong! However, we as human beings do make mistakes and errors. This execution is one of those wrongs yet doesn’t mean our whole system of justice is wrong. Therefore, I would forgive all who have taken part in any way in my death. Also, to anyone I have offended in any way during my 39 years, I pray and ask your forgiveness, just as I forgive anyone who offended me in any way. And I pray and ask God’s forgiveness for all of us respectively as human beings. To my loved ones, I extend my undying love. To those close to me, know in your hearts I love you one and all. God bless you all and may God’s best blessings be always yours. Ronald C. O’Bryan P.S. During my time here, I have been treated well by all T.D.C. personnel.

:/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

If it makes you feel any better, that guy tried to poison his daughter and successfully murdered his 8 year old son for insurance money. He also tried to poison three other kids at the same time to obscure that fact.
Eh, not a fan of the death penalty. Reading these and thinking of someone being put to death like that and seeing that realization in their final words is depressing. Not Texas, but it can't get much more depressing than Ricky Ray Rector saving the pecan pie from his last meal for later, though.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Albert Camus posted:

Capital punishment is the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal’s deed, however calculated, can be compared. For there to be an equivalency, the death penalty would have to punish a criminal who had warned his victim of the date on which he would inflict a horrible death on him and who, from that moment onward, had confined him at his mercy for months. Such a monster is not to be encountered in private life.

• Locked thread