Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Lord Twisted posted:

Subletting is usually specifically banned in tenancy agreements for very obvious reasons (landlord can't vet the tenant, subtenant can gently caress the place up and it's hard to get them for it, etc).

I don't think it's very fair to point at something which is in breach of contract as a reason not to have rent controls.

I for one don't loving know why Labour don't gun for this one. It's a solid vote winner by everyone except landlords, I guess. But the rent controls don't even have to be hard caps on the amount of money, they can just be caps on raises and rent reviews. I rented near Angel for a year, and when I left I heard they were jacking the rent by 10%/month, which was loving insane seeing as nothing had changed about the property.

< 20% of people rent privately. It's not necessarily a good political idea to gun for a youthful demographic that may or may not vote, compared to one that has money and can use it (landlords).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Did anyone redo the SNP's numbers for scottish independence given the 50% drop in price per barrel of oil in the near term

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

T

notaspy posted:

Missed he was going on about GDP:debt ratio.

Its very simple:

THE IDEA THAT HIGH DEBT TO GDP RATIOS ARE BAD HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY DEBUNKED AFTER THE AUTORS (RAGOFF AND REINHARDT) FUDGED THEIR NUMBERS AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN THE BASES OF ANYTHING AFTER THE RESEARCH WAS RELEASED IN A NON PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATION!!!!1!!!

To be fair they didn't deliberately do it, they just made a horrible programming error in excel.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

hello if you are a statistician and can program you will have to shut off your linkedin due to the sheer volume of recruiting aimed at you

just call yourself a "data scientist"

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Hobo posted:

Yeah, seriously, there's places other than London and Oxbridge doing tech.

If you want to take a 50% pay cut sure there's a ton of places.

• Locked thread