Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I literally bought this book simply because I fell in love with the cover, as an introduction to Murakami it wasn't necessarily the best choice I could have made, but drat if I don't still love it.

Even though I own a digital copy of We Have Always Lived in the Castle, someday I'm going to fork over the money for a 1st edition because it has one of the greatest covers I've ever seen.

And I also really like the cover for House of Leaves and how the interior pages are too big to be contained by the cover, much like the house itself, it is bigger on the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ornamented Death posted:

They aren't terribly expensive unless you're looking for a fine copy; The Lottery and The Haunting of Hill House are the Jackson books that go for big bucks.

Oh cool, that's good to know!

RE moving books:
I distinctly remember the first time I moved I thought it would be cool to put all my books in a big trunk so they would all be in the same place and therefore make unpacking a snap. :haw:

After actually trying to move that fuckin thing I re-thought my clever plan and just started sticking them in random boxes.

• Locked thread