Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Some covers for volumes of Satomi and the eight “dogs”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Yiggy posted:

The adaptation of the Persian Poem, The Conference of the Birds by Peter Sis. Found this last September on a book run in Chicago at Bookworks. Really nice store, has a lot of old paperbacks. Has some dedicated shelves on beat poets and lit. I was familiar with the poem but this looked like a weird edition of it which is why I picked it off the shelf. After cracking the spine and seeing the paper I could tell this was a special book. The one I found was a first edition, but found some hardcover editions of later printings nearer to home and the paper quality and binding was all comparable. The paperback edition isn't as nice though and you lose some of the rich texture in the illustrations and the paper.

Oh man I wish I had this version when I read it. That is sick as hell.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Speleothing posted:

As a guy who works as a mover part-time, let me just say that books are loving heavy.

If your moving and have a lot of books my advice is to put them in several small box as opposed to all in one large rear end box that you need a pallet to move around just so that you don't kill yourself. Or donate/give away all the books you do not actually need or want.

• Locked thread