Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its weird, some of my all-time favorite books I originally purchased entirely because I loved the covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

dogcrash truther posted:

Do you think you have a cover aesthetic that appeals to you? All of these strike me as being in the same ballpark (though I don't know jack about design)

Oh I definitely think I do. I like stark contrasts, winter colors, a single minimalist image, etc. It suggests the kind of reading experience I really enjoy. It also just appeals to what I love in contemporary art.

I've also grown fond of covers that are simply the title in a sort of dramatic font.

EDIT: The more I look at my book shelf the more I see its very much a modern trope of publishing. These are all books released within the last year or so

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 3, 2015

• Locked thread