Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I thought the story was interesting enough, and the characters and voice actors really sold me. I honestly had no problems with the plot, especially for a DS RPG.

But that goddamn battle system. Ugh. You either embrace the cheese or the bosses pummel you into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Keldulas posted:

I really can't get over the fact that your offensive ability is 'Toadstool Salad'. Like, really?

It's kind of a carry-over from his anime appearance, where he was basically the team mom. He didn't like fighting but he was a good cook.

Man they really wanted people to like this series, huh?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

grandalt posted:

And who was it talking in our head? I don't think that it was Morte, perhaps her Professor? Or someone else.

IIRC it's a deep growly male voice.
We won't meet them for a while.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Morte was pretty much my second favorite character in the game. She's a distant second to my absolutely favorite though.

Morte is third/fourth for me, which says something about how good the characters are int his game.

quote:

Yeah, apparently there was a fair bit of executive meddling involved to market the game to younger kids or something. In addition to that, apparently while the story was originally drafted by Masato Kato, who worked on Chrono Trigger and Xenogears among others, but was then edited by ImageEpoch's writers. And having played some of their other games, I can safely say they don't exactly have the best writers on the planet.

Oh poo poo the Time and Eternity guys? This explains soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

From the little I've seen, the anime was considerably more anemic than the game. SoD's biggest strength are its characters and the anime made them way more unlikable.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Even his spells are solid.

Oh and you should check the bios. IIRC they should be different now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Game Rhi'a is cheery? :stare:

Game Rhi'a is by far the best Rhi'a, though her personality kinda bounces around a bit.

• Locked thread