Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Oh man, this game. I liked it enough to I guess we'll call it 100%. Did all the sidequests and everything. Looking forward to seeing some of the crazy again. It's not as bad as Drakengard like someone above asked, but it sometimes jumped the rails a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I found the opening of this game to actually be pretty strong, with the stuff that just happened. It brings up some big questions, and gets you wondering what exactly it all means. On the music, I found the tracks composed by Mitsuda to be good (as usual), but the rest didn't really make an impression.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Raitzeno posted:

He got his position through nepotism, he kept it through racism. Didn't he mention Naja's a halfbreed or something? If not for that he'd probably have taken Rajiv's job ages ago, or maybe gotten promoted above him.

Yeah. Rajiv says straight up that Naja's father "let a human tart seduce him.' And a few others in the opening talk about him stinking like a human. Also the little detail that Naja's dad was in charge before hooking up with a human, and now Rajiv's dad is. Rajiv is pretty much King Dickhead, and only has the job because of his dad's position (and Naja being half-human).

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

poorlywrittennovel posted:

I remember trying to play this game and not getting very far. It wasn't bad, it just seemed to have tonal issues. Like it was trying to appeal to two different audiences at the same time. Explaining exactly what I mean would be spoilers at this point though so I guess I'll have some words when it comes up.

Missed this post earlier, but I can say without spoiling anything that this is pretty much exactly what happened with this game (trying to appeal to more than one audience). You had the writer with one idea, and the producers with another, and it ends up creating those tonal issues.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Morte was pretty much my second favorite character in the game. She's a distant second to my absolutely favorite though.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The anime is pretty rear end, which I was actually kind of surprised about since Production I.G is usually mediocre at worst.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Geostomp posted:

So, Kyrie's adjusted to this whole situation pretty fast. You'd think he'd be a little more shocked about it and murdering everyone he ever knew, but he's still going for it.

I can see what people meant about this game's tonal issues.

Kyrie is pretty much a silent protagonist minus the silent part in the amount of impact he really has overall. About as much personality as one, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Taupy is the best. Both in battle, and just in general. Felis Rex comes pretty close though.

I think I funded the entire operation on Cat's Paw drops. Thing makes equipment rain from the sky, as quickly shown there.

• Locked thread