Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I got this game when it was on sale this weekend and it's pretty boss. I just went with the remade party because I just wanted to jump right in, the firearms skill us loving sweet, also there are more spells and and Melee characters can have special attacks depending on the weapon, it's so much better. You get so many options in combat that when you get in way over your head or ambushed, you can usually win if you're quick on your feet. Puzzles are what give me the most trouble, Im stuck at one that leads south following the river. Get it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

It's also got telefragging, which is pretty sweet. Yeah I would avoid spoilers as this game is still relatively new.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

God drat, my first mimic scared the poo poo out of me.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I chose the premade party just to see what the developers wanted your ideal party to be, by the looks of it, a good mix is important, but choosing what skills you want to specialize is not important right away, but an alchemist is almost a requirement. Also rats are loving sick, I made mine the party leader because they are durable as gently caress.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Just fought a giant rattling pirate carrying a ship's cannon around, that was pretty cool, but now I'm stuck again, trying to figure out where to go next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

the default party is a human warrior and Mage, rattling alchemist, and Minotaur barbarian. My party is starting to look beefier, I'm at the point where my Minotaur can use 2 handed weapons with one hand. Some of the secrets are extremely well hidden I must say.

• Locked thread