Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just once I want to see a political cartoon that uses the term "lame duck" and shows the slightest tiniest sliver of familiarity with what the phrase actually means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Volcanic Vents posted:

7/10
(-3 for giving him Stevie Ray Vaughn's hat)

He also put his face tumors on the wrong side AND colored them in.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

loquacius posted:

Just once I want to see a political cartoon that uses the term "lame duck" and shows the slightest tiniest sliver of familiarity with what the phrase actually means

Hahahahaha good luck

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

YOU, IT'S YOU. YOU WANT TO INVADE MULTIPLE COUNTRIES. CHRIST ALIVE!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

loquacius posted:

I find it appropriate: it's exactly as accurate as anything else Ramirez spews.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

YOU, IT'S YOU. YOU WANT TO INVADE MULTIPLE COUNTRIES. CHRIST ALIVE!

He just wants to honor our troops, stimulate the economy, and keep us safe...by engaging in endless warfare against a vague foe. That Obama is such a pussy not being as rabid as he would like.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 31, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The term lame duck has lost all possible meaning to me.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This is why I can't stand this comic. Just look at Mike Huckabee. Even if you want to say his writing is good, it's still not fun to read. All of the type is shoehorned into the panels just like the artwork. I don't understand why he doesn't just write a column and draw some pics to go with it like those Bors articles. It would be so much better, and the I might actually give it a chance.

Edit: I guess you'd actually have to be able to draw though.

itskage fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 31, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Would get grumpy about humans being depicted as rats, but ISIS can loving die so I'm going to let it slide.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Is Zed finally gonna kill some undocumented immigrants or is Muir just going to give his fans blue balls by finding another scantily clad islamophobe to trace?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeroisanumber posted:

Would get grumpy about humans being depicted as rats, but ISIS can loving die so I'm going to let it slide.

FYI, depicting a racial, ethnic, or religious group as vermin is not okay. Depicting people who voluntarily joined a violent extremist group as vermin is okay.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

FYI, depicting a racial, ethnic, or religious group as vermin is not okay. Depicting people who voluntarily joined a violent extremist group as vermin is okay.

To double down on the FYI, if you're going to depict humans as vermin, it is very important to clearly delineate exactly who you are calling vermin. Here, it's explicitly the leadership of ISIS- the fuckheads who actually believe what they're preaching- rather than 'Everything in Iran' or 'All Muslims' or even 'Everyone in ISIS.'

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stultus Maximus posted:

:ssh:A lot of these dudes aren't really there voluntarily

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dr Cheeto posted:

:ssh:A lot of these dudes aren't really there voluntarily
Is ISIS conscripting people? I thought they had enough volunteers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is ISIS conscripting people? I thought they had enough volunteers.

Not conscription, just coercion.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

Not conscription, just coercion.
Isn't that the same thing? Anyway, I didn't interpret poor bastards that ISIS forced a rifle into the hands of as the rats in that box.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nah, I figure "bad poo poo will happen to you AND YOUR FAMILY if you don't join up" is different but that's probably just semantics.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
True enough, I'd just like to point out that they're not all bastards

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I still like the phrase "Shanghaied" to refer to forced conscription. Look, we gave you some beer, we gave you a bag of coins and a bed to sleep in, we're nineteen miles from shore. Are you gonna start scrubbing the cannons or do you wanna find out if you can swim.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fearless posted:

That's bullshit. Lemmy wouldn't appear before God

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Pshaw, ISIS, big deal! Now feminist co-eds, that's the real menace."

Never change, Horsey.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Internet Webguy posted:

Is Zed finally gonna kill some undocumented immigrants or is Muir just going to give his fans blue balls by finding another scantily clad islamophobe to trace?

It'll meander in that direction for a few strips without anything really happening, then abruptly pivot back to something else. I predict that'll be the (now former) fuckbarn, since it's been a while and he left that "plot" element dangling precipitously.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wait, I thought the fuckbarn getting raided was part of the spermjacking dream?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Maybe? Who can keep track?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I'm loving all the bizarre poo poo drawn on the sweater - smiley face, Snoopy, thunderbolt, swirling miasma, etc.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Really not liking Age of Sigmar's take on Skaven.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Rorus Raz posted:

Really not liking Age of Sigmar's take on Skaven.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Horsey would prefer Slaanesh didn't "mysteriously disappear" and get replaced by the Horned Rat.

For, y'know, obvious running joke reasons.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
*googles "Slaanesh"*

those "pants" are quite clearly not on the ground

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Zetsubou-san posted:

*googles "Slaanesh"*

those "pants" are quite clearly not on the ground
Lookin' like a fool with your pants shoved up your rear end.

Kids don't google "Slaanesh", that's NSFW.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Warhammer is for degenerates.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah I thought it over and people made some good points about not depicting anyone as vermin and there being forcible conscription and all that but nah, gently caress ISIS. Pharoah's heart has hardened, as it were.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Lady Naga posted:

Warhammer is for degenerates.

Sanity is for the nerds.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Bennett's last cartoon for 2015. Happy New Year!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

She was also never a senator or secretary of state.

Not even Tinsley's lead time is long enough to excuse him joining the Fiorina lovefest this late.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Mister Beeg posted:

Bennett's last cartoon for 2015. Happy New Year!

:master:

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Duuuuump

10 - Man, someone is gunning for "Worst Star Wars Cartoon" hard, by sheer volume of entries if not sheer awfulness...

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

There is currently a place in the world where places of worship are getting set on fire and it isn't "Muslim countries," for gently caress's sake.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

It was. I think. I don't know. gently caress that dumb comic.

Mr. Belpit fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 31, 2015

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Get away from that child Bill cosby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rebochan posted:

10 - Man, someone is gunning for "Worst Star Wars Cartoon" hard, by sheer volume of entries if not sheer awfulness...
Jabba is also a crony? And who or what is Leia?

• Locked thread