Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The entire Middle East has sunk into the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Abyssal Squid posted:

Also oh no those poor fish, they're so scared of the dangerous predator!! The predator which is not a dolphin, because dolphins never eat fish they eat rainbows or something idk.

The comparison becomes even funnier when you consider that dolphins are also one of the few species that will kill for fun.

"We are so concerned about trying to find danger hidden in plain sight, we unwittingly allow fish rapists into our country: a ????? cartoon"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also, Dolphins > Sharks.

Did these guys never see Flipper?

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Round all dolphins up and force them to live with sharks in an area you are also making uninhabitable through bombing campaigns - foreign policy for dummies.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Having a place to store comics is as good a reason as any to have a bomb shelter :allears:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

...if the dolphins/sharks are supposed to be metaphors for refugees, why are there actual refugees also in the cartoon? Makes it seem more like a boating safety guide for refugees

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The presence of the Eiffel Tower in the background would seem to indicate they are launching sorties from the Seine River for some reason.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

...if the dolphins/sharks are supposed to be metaphors for refugees, why are there actual refugees also in the cartoon? Makes it seem more like a boating safety guide for refugees

Considering this is Lester, I think he's trying to say refugees should be fed to the sharks.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

The presence of the Eiffel Tower in the background would seem to indicate they are launching sorties from the Seine River for some reason.

It's the ghost of the Eiffel Tower is in the background; it's the French version of crying lady liberty.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Also, Dolphins > Sharks.

Did these guys never see Flipper?

I know the dolphin that played Flipper the most killed himself.

Maybe that's what Lester wants. If we abuse the refugees enough maybe they'll kill themselves. A sociopathic cartoon.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Sandpuppy posted:

The tower is too far forward, the de Gaulle doesn't have walkways in front of the side cats, and the F-18s launch from the bow cats because they need the space.

Still love Pope though so who cares.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, dolphins are baby killing, rapey, incestuous, other-species-murdering jerks. But there are a couple of good ones. You just can't tell which is which.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Chicken posted:

The tower is too far forward, the de Gaulle doesn't have walkways in front of the side cats, and the F-18s launch from the bow cats because they need the space.

Still love Pope though so who cares.

When you have an artist who really, really cares about what the ship/plane looks like and puts it above the goal of having an effective cartoon you get Ramirez.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

I know I've :spergin: about the plane and its payload, but I'm pretty sure if he had drawn the Toulon landscape behind, very few people among his core readership would have recognized it as being supposed to be the French carrier.

Here's a very recent pic of the CDG departing Toulon:

(Photo stolen from this forum)

Bonus: a pic with nearly the same scene as what Pope drew:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Baron Bifford posted:

It's surprising that an American cartoonist would use Dredd at all. Dredd isn't all that recognizable outside Britain.

Is there some kind of joke here that I'm missing?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Requesting that the Gay Abortion Category for Worst Christmas Cartoon be renamed to the Merry Crotchmas Award.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Well, dolphins are baby killing, rapey, incestuous, other-species-murdering jerks. But there are a couple of good ones. You just can't tell which is which.

Look, the Atlantic ocean isn't going to send us their Flippers. They're going to send us their fish murderers and porpoise rapists, and some, I assume, are good dolpins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm 12 years old :sweatdrop:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm 12 years old :sweatdrop:

:3:

Ol' Grumpy Sailor Grandpa is such a good caretaker of his disabled son Exec. And lucky for them, the VA is great at taking care of our vets in this alternate timeline!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cartoons!

Please note that Allie has not made a cartoon about Paris, presumably because it's hard to find an angle that blames Madigan for it.

Militarized roaches would be impossible to kill. We cannot allow a roach gap.

"No immigrants, please. We're cowards."

Please don't joke about ebola, the scourge that destroyed America in 2014.

ISIS is contained. The Blood Gates, however, shall never close.

<3 Guns

Greece is a terrorist state.

The refugees look worried because the governor(s?) is talking to himself.

Everyone looooves Death.

Terrorists will stop at NOTHING to unlock the secrets of their waffles.

Note sure why we care about foreign policy of black Elmer Fudd conjoined with a melting ET in a wig.

Stantis reminding us that, somewhere inside him, is a decent human being screaming to get out.

What's wrong with your faaaaaaaaaace

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

Terrorists will stop at NOTHING to unlock the secrets of their waffles.

This is a legitimately good cartoon.

Also yeah quarantine Belgium they're not a real country anyway :can:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Rorus Raz posted:

Cancer, clearly!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

majormonotone posted:

IMO, give the Flemish part to the Netherlands, the Walloon part to France, the tiny German-speaking part to Germany, and nuke Brussels.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Belgium also took a bite from Luxembourg.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

majormonotone posted:

This is a legitimately good cartoon.

Historically, Belgium's only reason for existing is to get overrun by larger countries during nasty wars. v:v:v

And questionably named chocolate treats, and horrific abuse of the people in their colonial territories...

:staredog:

Why is Belgium allowed to be a country again?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would neighbouring countries even want Belgium's territory now?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jay Rust posted:

Why would neighbouring countries even want Belgium's territory now?

Kurtofan posted:

Luxembourg revanchists might want it back.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah but gently caress Luxembourg, so they get nothing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rorus Raz posted:

Greece is a terrorist state.

Had the Trojan horse been thoroughly examined, the soldiers hiding inside would have been found. Thoroughly examining Syrian refugees should find terrorist suspects, if any. A good cartoon.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I read networks of violent extremists and thought

"So fox news then?"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ramirez is all hot and bothered

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Build a wall (around Paris)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I keep thinking someone gave him poo poo about it and he replied using this comic but then I remembered his comics are delayed 2 weeks. Persecution complex, much?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Rorus Raz posted:

He is really bad at this. His own illustration shows that the Eiffel Tower would not, in fact, fit through the hole.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rorus Raz posted:

As always, Ramirez waits a bit before starting to rip into the victims.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Trident – Labour drafts in Ken Livingstone, a strong opponent of the Trident nuclear weapons programme, to oversee it’s defence review" After Tenniel.

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... female 'robocops' as the new faces of counter-terrorism

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Except "X awareness" charities are about directing money to a particular disease, which does in fact mean less money for research and treatment of other diseases. Also less money for basic research, which produces the discoveries that make new treatments and discoveries possible. Turns out that resources ARE limited, and directing them one way means less for everybody else!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Heh heh heh... Women, am I right? :chord:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Abyssal Squid posted:

Except "X awareness" charities are about directing money to a particular disease, which does in fact mean less money for research and treatment of other diseases. Also less money for basic research, which produces the discoveries that make new treatments and discoveries possible. Turns out that resources ARE limited, and directing them one way means less for everybody else!

Uhh, I'm pretty that the color pink has been clinically proven to eradicate breast cancer so I don't know what you're on about dude

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Heh heh heh... Women, am I right? :chord:

It'd be an okay joke, I guess, if it was "hehe these riot cops sure wear a lot of layers", but, nope, it's actually about women being women!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I've been reading this thread for years but still get annoyed at Ramirez seemingly arbitrary switcharoo between CAPS LOCK and cursive.

• Locked thread