Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Internet Webguy posted:

This is what I was thinking. Show the world you aren't violent murderers by violently murdering cartoonists.

I much prefer this one. No gross muslim caricature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Sex and Bad Language! What a terrible world we live in!

I wonder if you could get him to go off on a rant about bad language and cigarettes even today.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

prefect posted:

Bruce Jenner was an Olympic hero in the '70s -- he won the decathlon, and was on the cover of Wheaties boxes. The guy was legit famous.

Then he married Robert Kardashian's ex-wife, and now he's revealed that he's transitioning to a woman. (Reading this sentence, it sounds like I'm implying cause-and-effect. I am not.)

When the Kardashians became a thing, literally the only thing I knew about them was Bruce Jenner.

And that was only because I liked cars when I was a kid so I knew "Bruce Jenner" was the name of an early Ford Mustang prototype

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-ford-mustang1.htm

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Saint Sputnik posted:

Not a fan of this, but maybe I just don't see what he's trying to get at... are we supposed to feel sympathy for the anti-abortion minority? Or is he presenting that argument as dumb? or...? e: coz I mean, to argue that is completely ignoring that state governments have been systematically dismantling abortion rights at a record pace in recent years. The pro-choice side is still kind of the underdog here.

What's to miss? He's saying that it's dumb to use the aftermath of a tragedy, when emotions are running high, as a time to reflect on the nature of satire, especially on something as slippery as the line of "punching upwards or downwards."

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Post 9-11 User posted:

Wow, a clear visual about the cyclical failure of democracy, that's great! I don't know about the Illuminati imagery, maybe it's just artistic license...

Hell yeah, banks suck! They have ceased being an engine for investment, they're just parasites now.

Oh... oh my ... WHAT?

He is the monster hiding under Steve Greenberg's bed and is threatening to shoot people during a riot. :psyduck:

I believe we've hit a maximum in the (drawing ability/intelligence) ratio

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dees actually understands how to communicate to the viewer well and also understands logical arguments. He actually makes his points very clearly and you can tell how he arrived at him.

The issue is that his information is...uh...tainted. By the crazy.

Political Cartoons 2015: You know, Dees is pretty good by comparison

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

How do you screw up Putin's baldness? It's the number one caricaturable thing about Putin.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Despite being a terrible opinion, I have to give Ramirez credit: this is the clearest visual message I've seen from him in a long time. "Too little too late," screams out of this comic and it's pretty unmistakable. Of course he hosed it up by overlabeling though. I wonder who that guy with the blue and white cross could be...

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

http://www.clickhole.com/article/great-news-everyone-cecil-lion-alive-2871

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Zeroisanumber posted:

As an alternate punishment, I suggest that he be forced to drink hemlock but be allowed to post and draw as much as he likes before he succumbs.

Dying for Rall's Hitler profits!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

And this is one I thought could do with a pants donkey

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

colonel_korn posted:

Possibly this?

I could imagine someone deciding that 10 years after 9/11, it's OK to give them reasonable critiques again.

This is not a reasonable critique. gently caress you Ted Rall.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

McCoy is projecting hard. "Obama supporter" could well apply as a label to 60% of the country - he clearly spent the morning looking for some way to say that he "wasn't one of the good ones." In addition to, y'know, the whole murder thing.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Man, that must have been a load off of Obama's chest. He looks almost as young as he did when he began the presidency!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Lemming posted:

I still think the strongest angle of criticism is the hypocrisy of swearing an oath to uphold the laws, so help her God, and then try to use God as a reason not to uphold that oath.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2015/09/read-the-oath-of-office-taken-by-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis/

The first cartoon could be swapped with literally anybody against gay marriage hiding behind christianity. It doesn't really communicate that she's abusing the authority of her elected position.

Kim Davis as Pontius Pilate: Jesus would not want my name on these marriage licenses! I wash my hands of these homos!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

T. Bombastus posted:

Kim Davis was born again after her most recent divorce, so it's trivially easy for her to claim that her adultery was immoral, but doesn't represent the person she is today. Obviously you don't have to agree with her, but that's the out she/her supporters have when confronted with accusations of hypocrisy.

Just to say again, it's not like she converted TO christianity. She was a Baptist before her conversion to Apostolic Christian.

Also, while I'm not super on-board with crapping on her for adultery or things that really shouldn't be crimes, she's the one that's calling all the attention onto herself. It turns out that your dirty laundry comes out when that happens. Aside from the whole prison thing.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Talking of constant fear of the Other as default setting, here's Bob Lang to remind the world how much of a shithead he is:

Et al, the most dangerous Islamic terrorist group.

They've already infiltrated academia!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Wasn't this an Obama cartoon before?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I saw the original a few pages ago and felt nostalgic

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Davethulhu posted:

Well, he was a pedophile.

Much like James Joyce or Jimmy Page, I think Lewis Carroll is an irreplaceable creative genius who I would want to say the hell away from me and my family.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Alhazred posted:

I think Mr. Breivik should be tried as a war criminal like we tried Nazi murders after WWll.

What a senile retard. There needs to be a war to try someone as a war criminal, no? And that's even leaving behind the rest of his incoherent screed. I hope he shits his pants every day and doesn't have the arm strength to change them.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

oobey posted:

Jeez, can you believe we're less than a week away from the eight-year anniversary of the original version of this thread?

Some say this is the greatest thing Space Kimchi ever did for the forums, but I'm beginning to think it was perhaps his most terrible curse...

Did Space Kimchi ever get banned?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

frankenfreak posted:

This scans better.

Can confirm there have been some effortposts on the Polish elections in the EE thread

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Flowers For Algeria posted:

"Year 2150: 72nd intifada" "Zionist!" "Terrorist!"

I love this one. Reminds me of the Key and Peele sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leL_bsHEZdM

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

TetsuoTW posted:

You know, I'm coming around to the whole "stop posting DbD" thing, if only because it apparently makes everyone who looks at it willfully dense.

If I read the thread I skip past all DbD stuff and have for at least a year. I can't even pretend to care about whatever plotline is supposed to be going on.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Seems like a good excuse for this one

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

whitey delenda est posted:

I have had an encounter in the wild:

I was recruited by my family in law to be a table filler at a dinner thrown by the Manhattan Institute (a terrible libertarian think tank that for some reason supports some relatively progressive social justice orgs that fall into the family fund's wheelhouse) and went in expecting the worst.

The first drat person I chatted with was a very nice middle aged woman who was there to research how she too could... I guess contribute to tangentially libertarian social justice work and after a few seconds she asks, verbatim, "Oh are you familiar with many political cartoons?"

And she says "I'm working on organizing a Pulitzer Prize winner (Deep breath of anticipation on my end) doing a lecture tour in the Carolinas, are you familiar with Michael Ramirez?" She pulls out a flier with this classic piece of poo poo in full color

And says "I just think he's so insightful," Flier has some words about ol' Mikey's lecture series or something, and she asks "Wouldn't this be great at places like UNC or Duke?"

At which point the program started so my ability to bite my tongue was not even further taxed. These people are real, and strong, and they are not my loving friends.

Counterpoint if you have to deal with that person again: there's nothing libertarian about that comic. As far as I know, Ramirez is in no way libertarian. At the very least, the libertarian subreddit is no fan of his https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/2r9njh/top_10_editorial_cartoons_of_2014_best_of_michael/

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

fade5 posted:

Nope, Kirschen just hasn't done a victory cartoon yet and made us all despise/mock him again.

Can someone post the comic of him whining about Pollard after Rabin got killed?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Rorus Raz posted:

Please stop making replies. Let this thread die. Give me rest from my eternal shitposting.

Lookin like a fool with your eggs on the ground

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

International businessmen are scared by the gun culture in America but can't stay away from that comically low top tax bracket. A good cartoon.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Trogdos! posted:

What's up with Americans and their complete inability to spell/type names like Kreider right like, ever?

Edit: that prob came out snarkier than I meant. Anyway, here's a Kirschen

Artistic ability not required

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
So this is about the time for a Gay Abortions nomination thread, right?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Just wait until something Ramirez doesn't like starts to happen and he realizes it (Like if it becomes obvious a Democrat is going to win the next presidency), then we will see Ramirez at his most adult.

I tried reading his 2008 cartoons. Then I saw that was the second year he won a Pulitzer for.

Does anyone have any examples of 1994? Was there ever a point at which Ramirez was a good cartoonist?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The dude's face is a serious godsend to cartoonists. If you can't make a good caricature of that guy you should probably just quit cause it ain't getting any easier.

I think you could say the same thing of Trump, but look at the poo poo Ted Rall submits.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

World Famous Whore posted:

So who's putting together the Gay Abortions this year? Only got a few more days till '16.

Yeah, I'm missing the Gaybies real hard

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Krinkle posted:

So when twitter pretended to be angry there are no straight white men in star wars the next generation to get blog outrage, and then the dust cleared and nobody was actually saying that, Muir swoops in and yells to an empty auditorium "I agree, furthermore..."

Pretty sure Adam driver is married and there's the ginger tarkin guy gleeson as well. Unless he thinks it doesn't count unless you're on the light side of the force and Oscar Isaac isn't white enough for you.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

That is a really great caricature of Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

If there's one thing Trump isn't known for, it's spending money!

• Locked thread