Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I honestly didn't even know handloading was a thing before New Vegas. Seems like a great way for rednecks to ruin their guns/fingats.

It can be, but it's also a big money-saver as the brass casing itself is one of the most expensive parts and is reusable. Also plenty of cartridges are largely expensive due to not presently being mass-produced. The savings of reusing brass are even greater in those cases.

Also some people get into reloading/handloading because they're developing new cartridges; basically every "magnum" round was the result of Elmer Keith tinkering with handloads, and then there's gimmicks like the Eargesplitten Loudenboomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Also note the big Hillary whopper conservatives want to bring up is the one about sniper fire... not the bit about being "flat broke"

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Not My Leg posted:

I usually don't care about accuracy in portrayal of guns, but come on. How is that gun even supposed to work?

That was pretty striking to me too. I'm convinced that I could describe a gun over the phone to someone that's never seen one and the result would be a more recognizable firearm than whatever the gently caress that poo poo's supposed to be.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

To be fair, that loving mayor is. He's one of two non-incumbent mayors that I can think of without trying, and the other one is Dick Whittington.

Oh come on, after half the country watched him buy crack on video, you forgot Marion Berry? He even got re-elected after he got out.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Not My Leg posted:

Let's see, a mounty getting poked in the eye/flipped off by Obama's Keystone Pipeline Veto, and also the person being poked is our best friend. What country could that possibly be about? Better add a Canadian flag just to be sure.

E: Also, this may be the best Obama caricature Liccar has ever done.

I'm amazed they restrained themselves from writing "CANADA" on the Mountie somewhere, frankly.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

What the hell does Chuck have against breakfast at school!? I used to do that all the time because it was good, kept me full longer in the morning (and therefore doing better on tests), and it certainly beat having toast or Cheerios every drat morning.

The black panthers are behind it so it's evil. And look at you eating guvmint breakfast, ya commie puffball.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Sandpuppy posted:

The cartoon appears to say if anybody but Warren is elected president, the hogs on Wall St. will continue their crooked ways unimpeded.

That part is at least 100% accurate. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Warren or Sanders administration actually sending the bastards to PMITA prisons or anything. Maybe a few of the most egregious will get a couple months in a Fed Med, but even a Warren or Sanders presidency isn't the French Revolution those rich fucks so thoroughly deserve.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Yeah but it was being spent on tanks and bombs not commie poo poo like giving money to poor people.

Now I'm very confused because a lot of the tanks and bombs (and planes) were specifically for commies, actually.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm not convinced that cartoon isn't actually complaining about vegetarians or some recent health pronouncement by some official of some sort (Well, "recent" as in 14 days old, since it's a Tinsley). I refuse to accept a world wherein he'd actually think good nutrition wasn't a loathsome plot by liberals.

There was in fact a recent study about "plant-based diets" being healthier. Tinsley'd probably be all for it if he realized booze was made from plants.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

I hope this all ends with him and his family crying on tape like Santorum before em.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

If Gerald Ford had had those reflexes...

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

That information surprises me, I'd like to see the age/race/whatever demographics for those poll results. I thought more people thought, "gently caress the poor (me) and cut taxes for the rich (I'm gonna be a billionaire any moment now!)"

Oh they're all for loving the poor. Just, unlike the rightwing talking heads, they understand we can't tax money people don't have.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Prism posted:

Is it actually referred to as multi-cultism in Britain and not multiculturalism or is this a term that signifies bad opinions ahead, like statist?

I did once hear a racist call it 'the multicult' but I know that was meant to be derogatory. Multicultism is just different enough that I'm not sure.

Dunno about the UK specifically, but "multikulti" in German gets used to refer to multiculturalism and there are other EU countries that have basically loan-word'd it since it comes up a lot. Usually people talking about it are Euroskeptics but I don't know that it puts them in the same bin as folks talking about "statists" in the US.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

I love this poo poo. Jhmm yes, environmental regulations, how do I depict those... I know, as a pipe spewing sewage uncontrollably into the watershed! Next I will have a mugger holding up a Californian with a gun labeled Gun Control.

I think you're too late, I'm almost sure I've seen at least one cartoon with a gun labelled "gun control" being used to mug someone.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Somfin posted:

You will never tell a joke involving murder to the direct victim of murder.

Also of note, the thing with being murdered is you were going to die eventually anyway. I'm not remotely arguing it's not wrong to kill someone here, but death was going to be a thing that happened to them at some point, from one cause or another. That they would eventually die was guaranteed, and it is still wrong to cause that death prematurely/extrajudicially/etc, but not everyone necessarily gets raped. Nonconsensual sex is not a guaranteed event that will occur in one's life, as opposed to death, which is in fact guaranteed and something one would have to deal with eventually whether as a result of being a victim of a crime or not.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

Bernie Sanders perceives the world accurately. A Mixed Metaphor Cartoon.

I don't think it would be unrealistic for Bernie supporters to name ourselves after Sancho Panza. Sanchistas? Panzistas?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I... I think so? Because I sure as hell can't think of a way these two things are connected :psyduck:

Yeah for real. Not even "I see what connection is being drawn and disagree with it"; Nope, flat out don't see the connection at all.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Good old "we'll create jobs by destroying jobs" reasoning.

Let me tell you about my plan to increase tax revenues by lowering taxes on the rich!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

If you like the Patriots that much, you should just marry them, you loving clown.

They're cheaters, though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Pretty much EVERYONE was talking about the OJ trial back in '94. Every major trial is nothing compared to that. Casey Anthony, Amanda Knox, and George Zimmerman have nothing on that. I remember as a kid writing in my daily journal about OJ getting acquitted. That was mainly because The Naked Gun was one of my favorite movies and how could ol' Nordberg be such an evil man :(

It's true. They paused school to turn on the TVs for the OJ verdict when it was actually delivered. We didn't do that for any other event while I was in school the entire time. I started after Challenger and graduated before 9/11; the OJ verdict was the only school-stoppage-worthy event in that entire timeframe. Eric Robert Rudolph bombing the Olympics probably would've qualified (especially since that happened in GA and was thus local) except that was during summer and school was out.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

His philandering and her rumored-but-never-proven lesbian affairs typically figure into the narrative of their marriage as a political/loveless one.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Ted Rall is not putting omnivorism on par with homophobia, misogyny, and loving Nazism which says a lot since Rall tends to equate the latter with everyone.

And gently caress you for making me defend Ted Rall.

I bet you'd defend Hitler, you Hitler.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Hitler was a better artist than Ted Rall.

Finally, Art Spiegelman has something in common with Hitler.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

Hilary gets paid to make speeches and that means she can't do anything about gender inequality because

Eh, I read it more as "Hillary is so wildly out of touch she cannot even relate to real problems" which isn't exactly unfair. They were "dead broke" upon LEAVING THE loving WHITE HOUSE according to that crazy boomer sack of poo poo.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Bush makes $110,000 according to a quick google search. Not as much as Clinton. but it's loving Dubya so he's lucky anyone wants to listen to him.

Even among his fans he's not exactly heralded as a great orator. Meanwhile for all Clinton's faults, Bubba can work a mic.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

The Devil went down to D&D. He was lookin' for a thread to gas.
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind and he didn't want to be an rear end
When he came across this young man, clickin' on a donkey and makin' a 'shop
And the Devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said "Boy, those pants just dropped!"

This was amazing, thank you for this.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Not gonna lie, I would donate to the RNC if one of their events was what appears to be a WWE-style 10 man no DQ match with golf clubs, tables and ladders. At least $50.

Bah gawd it's Ron Paul! It's Ron Paul! Dr. No has heard enough, King!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Hitler B. Natural posted:

That's Our Ted!... (thread group-hugs and grins down the lens to the sound of canned audience laughter; non-threateningly banal upbeat pop song plays as credits roll)

In unrelated events, China are adorably stealing our secrets apparently:

I knew we shouldn't have stored all our secrets on old CDRs and ... batteries? Film rolls? What the hell are the little red cylinders falling out of the box?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Mr Jaunts posted:

Also, I must've missed the part of Obama's presidency where he got a peg leg.

Something something Obamacare something something

Pulitzer please.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

Why is Bobby Jindal on the HOPE poster?

Americans can do anything.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

So my idea for a Pulitzer-bait political cartoon is basically "Is it right that a Chinaman jeopard a white man's dinner?" but replace "chinaman" with "robot" and "white man" with "man" and replace the racist turn of the century chinaman caricature with one of them goddamn metal faced circuit-brained sons of bitches, and transparency layer it with a "jobs lost to automation over time" graph. Maybe have the job/dinner-stealing robot specifically be the terminator? I dunno, I can't draw or do visual arts for poo poo.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Is his throne sitting on a pile of caviar?

Coal. He's a big proponent of coal. His energy plan is basically "COAL!" and wearing a speedo. This is what I've gathered from following the political cartoons and no other news from Australia.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah I'm either really out of touch or that cartoonist is really out of touch because I can't understand that cartoon as anything but a rousing endorsement of Bernie Sanders. Kill the bankers, stomp stomp clap-clap-clap.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Jurgan posted:

Bad Reporter is one of the best in this thread, and this is his best in a while.

I used to consider him one of the worst of the purely gimmick presentation politoons, like a less coherent (if less saccharine) Animal Nuz. For like 3 months now he's just been jacking em out of the park nonstop, though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you think that video isn't a load of hi-grade bullshit you're fuckin' dreaming, AGC

Also what a weird character to reference in an editorial cartoon.

Yeah did another movie come out recently or something? Not exactly a topical choice of ghoulish movie villians.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not to wank over a Dees too much, but this is pretty metal.

If a Jewish death metal band ever needs an album cover...

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

First thing I thought when I saw this is "what beer can you get for 99 cents a can?".

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Mister Beeg posted:

Would it be even possible to find Brian, seeing that we don't know his real name?

Let's see our resources for identifying Brian:

1. A bunch of poo poo that straight up did not happen, much of which by Ted Rall's own admission.
2. The guy maybe went to high school with Ted Rall

I mean that does narrow it down to a few hundred people but I feel like we're doomed here.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Also problematic for a Ted Rall: the gun makes geometric sense at all, 2/10 indeed. The magazine should always be wider than the barrel is long, and the handles/stock/etc should extend in ways such that no actual human could ever hope to use the weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Here I made a thing it is bad

• Locked thread