Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Usually the right wingers aren't so blatant about pining for Pinochet-style justice.

This is Bob Lang we're talking about. The man with the insectoid lapels and who compared Obamacare to ushering jews into gas chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, there's been some pretty good racism in these threads. Good job, america! But you want the good stuff? You go to Europe, or more specifically that bastion of free speech called Denmark.

So here's Niels Thomsen, professional cartoonist in demand by racist assholes all across Sweden, Denmark and Norway. These were published in Dispatch International. A "newspaper" that now is only an extremely racist website, but was actually once a printed newspaper that people got in their mail. They had to scrap the printed edition, since happily very few people were willing to pay for a modern variant of Der Stürmer.

I posted some of his work some time back, so a few might be repeats. But what better way to start celebrating a new year?

Once again, this was considered publishable in Scandinavia. On behalf of sane Swedes, I apologize.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Academic Loss of Freedom

\
Says the man drawing collectors cards of "traitor" academics that don't meet Kirschens exact definition of Israeli hyper-patriotism and historical revisionism.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

Today's Prick City brought to you by Ted Rall and Rand Paul

I have a feeling, call me paranoid if you want to, that the skin color and party affiliation of the current occupant of the White House is directly related to how the author feels about surveillance programs and police militarization.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

The cartoonist is Bill Garrison. He's a little insane.

This is a Dees comic, only without the rampant anti-semitism.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

There is absolutely no way on this planet that newspaper and sites cannot do better in terms of political cartoon hiring. Not when this man is somehow getting paid.

Holy hell I forgot about this one. The lightbulb thing/"You didn't build that" caused some of the dumbest, most readily AGC cartoons imaginable.

EDIT: And yeah, that Sacco is absolutely brilliant. I loved his Bosnian work which I just read recently. He's superb.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

To be fair I doubt most artists anyone would accept an apology from a McCoy.

Any apology that an absolute rear end in a top hat like McCoy managed to squeeze from his hateful lips would also be worded in the classic fashion of bullies everywhere, "I'm sorry that my very truthful words cut you so bad, I didn't know you were so easily offended."

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I hope the new model Romney-bot still smiles creepily at really inappropriate times.

Romney Death Rally 2015, bring it on.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This is the third completely blank cartoon this guy has submitted to his editor. How the gently caress does he still have a job?

His editor was going to fire him, but then he thought "Not yet, I've gotta see just how lazy this guy can get. This is amazing!"

EDIT: Joke's on him though, because Gorrell has literally no limit when it comes to laziness.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 16, 2015

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also WitchFetish, I expect an essay from you next on how the French, Polish, Yugoslavian resistance and Soviet partisans during WW2 were just as wrong in killing invading nazis. I mean, it takes two sides, right?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Did you seriously compare partisans/resistance members to Al Qaeda/ISIS?

No, the Iraqis that fought against the occupation after the invasion. Were some bad? Yes. Were some Al-Qaida, proto-ISIS? Yes. Were many just regular Iraqis that wanted to get rid of an illegaly invading army? Yes. They had legal right on their side, whatever their motives.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Eh, what the heck, have a short selection of swedish political cartoons from Magnus Bard, sorta-resident cartoonist of the most influential Swedish daily newspaper, DN.

These go back to the general election last september:

-"What part of getting fired didn't they understand?"

Context: The Alliance For Sweden, the ruling coalition of right-wing parties makes a catastrophic election and hands over power to a minority Red-Green coalition. They don't act like they lost though.

-"You want to rule as a majority, in second hand as a minority, in third hand...

-"...put sticks in the wheel."

Context: The former ruling coalition makes every effort to obstruct the workings of the new Social Democrat-led government, despite promises before the election to let the largest block rule. Man on bike is the new prime minister, Stefan Löfven. Boy in black and in the back is Jimmie Åkesson, leader of the far-right nationalist Sweden Democrats, that helped to stop the new governments budget from passing in parliament.

-"Oh, the Alliance budget is in effect until the snap elections, then we can keep getting läx-RUT money!

-"The welfare line, I love it!"

Context: As mentioned above, the right-wing parties of the old ruling coalition presented their own budget in opposition to the sitting government. Thanks to the support of the Sweden Democrats, it passed. RUT is a tax-break for "domestic" services, making it cheaper to hire maids, clean your house, clean your pool, hire catering for your children's birthday parties and so on. Läx-RUT is a tax break for hiring private tutors to help your children with homework, and tons of companies have sprung up with the sole business idea of exploiting this tax-break to the max. The government claims that the money can be put to much better use by improving schools in general and hiring more teachers, rather than aiding rich parents in hiring tutors.

The man is making a pun of the phrase "arbetslinjen", or "work line", a phrase used by the old right-wing government to describe tough measures against sick pensioners, the unemployed and other lazy layabouts, combined with tax-breaks for rich people.

-"What misery!"

-"You have to understand: They had such high hopes for more radical environmental policies - before the election results came in."

Context: The Green Party does far worse than expected in the election.

And of course, A Charlie Hebdo cartoon. I have no idea what it's saying.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kopijeger posted:

Why the apples in particular? After all, elks typically eat plant material from the forest, not fruits cultivated by humans.

Probably the old rural town tales of mooses getting all drunk and rowdy from eating fallen fermented apples in peoples gardens.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It would be even more hilarious if a ton of dipshit european right-wing politicians didn't believe in that crap seriously.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean, love is love and blind, but Zed is in his mid 50's, right? So the uber-dad would be around mid-70's at the least?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

Any day now...

A bit back, but I have to give this one, stupid as it is, credit for portaying Iranian nuclear scientists as, well, scientists and not crazed ayatollahs.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

God, young women are so stupid and uneducated. Now in an unrelated matter, why won't young women vote GOP?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

Wait why does Day by Day get posted here?

Thread relic/tradition. He's one of the longest running personas featured here, through all the iterations of the thread.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

He's not, they won't and it won't.

Doubt that. I don't recall him ever showing up in LF. It's mainly posted because if you complain about it, it gets posted even harder out of spite. And there are fewer active political cartoonist every week.

Muir is featured in the OP of the 2010 LF thread, and that means he's probably posted in the 2009 thread but thats around 1000 pages of LF posts to trawl through.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KazigluBey posted:

FREE MUMIA LORDE
FERGUSON POLICE

It's so ham-handed that you can smell the rime from here, but his heart is in the right place. I guess????

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Not to revive the 40k-discussion, but tell me that the killdozer there illegally demolishing palestinian homes and groves doesn't look right at home in that range.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brb, changing my username to Grubby Maple Peddler.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

eat more chicken

It's easy to spot a racist looking to get his kicks when he doesn't even bother to look up how the terrorist were dressed. Nope, he heard the word muslim and went straight to the dirty disheveled arab stereotype. I'm surprised he refrained from the stinklines.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

Weed is really quick to resort to murder.

A while back, but this is quoting Ferengi rules of acquisition, and that makes Galatianman bearable.

e: Or at least, an unofficial rule of acquisition made up by a desperate Ferengi.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 9, 2015

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's a very happy Monday.

That might be the best Kelly label ever.

It's a great Kelly, but once again it's tempered by the fact that people actually argue this. I watched a documentary on american yoga recently, and there were a lot of concerned pastors, and a lot of concerned parents angry that the school offered their innocent children this mystic eastern cult practice.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Yeah the war on drugs was a bad example but you could sub in basically anything that is rightly illegal and watch them immediately start waffling. "I agree that people shouldn't abduct children for the overseas slave trade, but it shouldn't be government telling us that, it should be civil society."

And then you'd have the really dedicated Rothbardians chime in to say that child sex slavery is actually a good thing if done by a proper free market.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The PATRIOT Act was Obama's idea, and also it is now a bad thing

All of these recent years of cartoons moaning about surveillance would be far more heartfelt if I didn't know with absolute certainty that 99% of the fuckers that are now so concerned with privacy were out in force earlier labeling anyone who questioned these programs a traitor. Amazing what a change of political leadership can do, huh?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gravel Gravy posted:

Nice catch. Reverse google search netted me this. Dates back to Oct 2013.
Edit: And the date on the comic is 2001. Considering the lazy work this guy already does, seems like it would have been easier just to make a new comic instead of looking through a decade and a half's worth of comics.

Holy moly. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is Catalino/Gorrell levels of self-defeating laziness.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eviltastic posted:

Dive! Dive! Dive! Hit your burners, Obama!

Damnit, you just made me go look in my old games collection to see if the FS2 CDs are still there.

e:

Nenonen posted:

Stolen from the Finnish politics thread, the campaign animation of a far right MP candidate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP55K0Kz31o

Synopsis: "Doctor" Ronkainen presents brothers Abra, who has assimilated well, speaks Finnish fluently and loves paying taxes, and Kadabra who is living off of wellfare and is infected by the lazy worm, or "Slothius Mexicanus". Because those lazy Mexican bums truly are the bane of Finnish society! not racist

Just so that you 'mericans can see that somewhere in Europe, someone inexclicably hates the Mexicans more than any of your cartoonists.

Holy hell, we scandinavians are truly the worst.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vanir85 posted:

Muir is claiming Obama is unpatriotic, for actually doing what the American people elected him to do? I thought the government was SUPPOSED to exist for the sake of the people, not the other way around.

And for elected officials, shouldn't that mean carrying out the politic they were elected for?

No no no, you seem to have mistaken the U.S for a democracy, when in fact it is a ~republic~. Elected officials have only one job, and that is implementing the will of a dozen or so rich white men that have been dead for 200 or so years. Their will as interpreted by other rich white men, that is.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JaggerMcDagger posted:

American Sumo

A moment of truth!
Labels: America, Bibi, Congress, Israel, Netanyahu, Nukes, Obama, Sanctions, Shuldig, Sumo

Did... did he draw something new? No scratch that, that Obama head is clearly pasted in. Also, is that a tiny Bibi in a sumo thong?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

Ted Rall and Chris Muir have something in common: they both want their cartoons to inspire others to join a revolution against the current American establishment.

But when someone actually tries to change the world for the better, Rall condemns them in the harshest terms since they didn't do enough/didn't do it while chanting Rall's name.

e: "Oh, you started a program to feed the poor? You loving bourgeouis traitor, if you really wanted you could have instead overthrown the U.S government and instituted collective farms with food for all!"
-Tod Roll

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 1, 2015

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fool_of_sound posted:

So why doesn't D&D like Ted Rall??

Beats me.

That's why every single Latuff derail makes me laugh so hard when U.S posters bawl and moan that Latuff doesn't include a 100-page sourced document on a fool-proof plan how to solve the war in Syria when he just wants to draw Obama meddling in the middle-east.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Do they only permit selling liquor in specialized stores, or do they just oversee distribution? Because the former is a big problem in the US and in combination with poor infrastructure contributes to DUI, amongst other things.

Specialized stores. Besides some grumbling about opening hours, these stores are well liked due to the staff being well trained and very knowledgeable, as well as a very wide and diverse range of products.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

alnilam posted:

Leave it to JRROSE! to do precisely the pun everyone expected from the start. Did we get any others with this exact wording?

"'I come from a life of privilege. So does every one of the 30,000+ fighters we have, and the many more civilians we are presently subjugating. Rural Iraq and Syria is an economic paradise where everyone has a high-paying job or the chance at one.' - A specific ISIS member " -Glenn McCoy

This is the dumbest goddamn talking point.

Yes, it is true that many of the leaders and ideological mentors of terrorist/liberation organizations are from more well-off backgrounds. Higher education, better social networks and access to wider media and subversive literature or material plays a part, I suppose. But they draw their inspiration from inequality (real or imagined), unemployment and discrimination. And of course, these factors allow these leaders to recruit large numbers of followers from these affected groups.

Is this really such a foreign concept? Is discourse at the point where saying "These acts are heinous, but to finally put a stop to them we need to examine the root causes" equals "I LOVE ISIS?"

No, that was a rhetorical question, since we've reached that point with mundane crime as well, even here in Europe :(

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

I like to call this the Cool Dudes Club

Jeez, someone could have brought Napoleon a stool to stand on at least. Don't make the guy feel even more awkward than he already is with the guys standing next to him.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

Nah, he seems to think this kind of entrapment is a perfectly normal and healthy thing for women to do. It's just part of their feminine nature - they can't be blamed for it any more than a lion can be blamed for eating a gazelle.

Yeah. Muir is balls deep into :biotruths: *whipcrack*

e: Which I always find most interesting in these libertarian/party of personal responsibility/moral men of standing persons. They are the most eager to reduce people into simplistic animals acting on hard coded lust driven instincts to spermjack/spread their genes.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 9, 2015

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zetsubou-san posted:

Latest polls show falling support levels for government; UN says we do not play well with others

I have come to adore these Pope cartoons. There's something about the style that just tickles the enjoyment centre in my brain.

On the issue at hand, I knew Australia had problems in regards to treatment of refugees, but reading this thread and researching on my own when prompted by the aus-toons has left me absolutely stunned at how things are. Is Abbott on some sort of plan to as thoroughly as possible shame Australia when it comes to human rights? Is there some level to which that government won't stoop?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

And people said that DbD was never going to get good again. This latest arch is approaching Roosevelt goodness.

Also, nice pedophilia burn on the federal agent Muir. Not enough for them to be tyrannical usurpers, got to be kiddy diddlers as well? Now to watch as nothing happens to Zed and his brood even though they've just repeatedly assaulted and kidnapped a federal agent for like the third time in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Agreeing with this.

• Locked thread