Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Alhazred posted:

Political cartoons by Norwegian cartoonist Finn Graff:

reeeally diggin' this one. Pretty drat good imagery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rorus Raz posted:

Slacks Elephant

God bless you sir hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

:wow:

:wom:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

A Cathy cartoon?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PassTheRemote posted:

I was wondering where that Palin expression came from, because I recognized it from something I saw in the past, maybe a goon has it as an avatar or something.

It's goon and cat-haver Trig Discipline's avatar, I am also now glad to know the source cuz it's hilarious.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

loquacius posted:

:roflolmao: THIS is how the right gets this issue back. Of course. It's all so clear now. It's those gross dirty foreigners that are bringing back infectious diseases, not our good pure white people exercising their Parent's Rights!

(also his URL in the corner is hilarious)

I've really delighted in using the data from this site to refute the whole (ridiculous, identity politics / us v. them party pile-on) idea that ILLEGAL MEASLES are causing problems. Particularly when people specifically call out "porous borders". I'm sure the point has been made a few times in various threads here but :ssh: Mexico AND Canada have higher vaccine coverage than the USA.

Bring on those illegal children they'll strengthen our herd immunity!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The quote from Mom just makes this, I love Bad Reporter it is consistently chuckle-worthy. I think more so than anything else in this thread.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

StealthArcher posted:

You all will ever more dread what I will bring.

pants-on-ground amazing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Bicyclops posted:

There was a blog that a decent job of posting them all, but it seems to have dropped off recently.

The tumblr is still up and current at http://ifglobalwarmingisrealwhyisitcold.tumblr.com

Also it reminded me that this piece of decrepit refuse was published once!

edit gently caress you forever Gary Varvel

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TGLT posted:

SHOCKING NEWS, OBAMA DISQUALIFIED FROM BEING PRESIDENT DUE TO TECHNICALLY BEING TWO ALIENS

Today has been an outstanding day in this thread.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Still the best political cartoon.

Consistently chuckleworthy and hilarious now and again, haha.

Also pretty fun to see how a lot of us in the thread, beaten down by years of Muir and Branco, have gradually come to appreciate Bad Reporter more and more.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

albany academy posted:

wholeheartedly agree with that bors. i've been an unpaid intern, and i've overseen unpaid interns. it sucks all around.

Me too. And holy poo poo do I hate Cheryl sandberg. My Wife had to read her lovely book at her office because it's "women's empowerment" when in fact it's just loving bullshit privilegey platitudes ughhh.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I pine for the time we didn't talk about football in the political cartoons thread.

forbidden lesbian posted:

please stop posting about this before i abuse my mod power

oh sweet thank you

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rorus Raz posted:

Look's like we know which side Kelly is on :(

Bless you sir

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Xanderkish posted:

This is amazing. I need to start reading self-insert fiction more often.

It's pretty incredible how it devolves across the course of the books too, it's super generic for a few hundred pages, and you hit this long slope into... It's just atrocious.

Also don't loving read it I am still upset that I wasted the time to even make it to like book five

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kakairo posted:

What's this about? Did Hope Solo abuse a partner or something?

Not a partner. Probably a nephew?

And from the way he tells it she's like a T-1000 level ball of anger.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 16, 2015

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chin Strap posted:

It is left from the perspective of the pendulum.

but which direction is Pendulum North?

Also just a staggeringly bad cartoon visually, progress and protagonist action is represented left to right usually. Yet again, Branco lives up to his rep as the stupidest cartoonist

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mods change my name to "More Chuggin' Tents"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zeroisanumber posted:

Danziger always brings out the heavy artillery when the GOP starts banging on about religion.

This is pretty :thurman: I can't believe I haven't seen this one before. Dang.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rorus Raz posted:

So this is what R. Mute feels like.

Hahaha

And no, klaus it's literally the opposite of that as T Bombastus mentioned

What is it with me sniping today, dang

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

There's been a lot of huff over this but frankly A) it "moved to HBO" with everything being broadcast nine months later on PBS anyway and B) It would not have been made any more if HBO hadn't funded it.

The number TWELVE or say the concept of sharing doesn't age out of relevance. It literally does not matter if kids see the brand newest episode immediately because you could show them a Sesame Street from 1984 and it would still be pertinent. Target audience doesn't care, material doesn't age, taxpayers didn't want to fund CTW, this is a win win win that is only distasteful at the most superficial "Rah rah privatization bad" level.

If re-runs aren't still available on PBS or whatever, then I'd say it's a bigger issue but I haven't seen anything about retention of prior material or exclusivity/syndication involved in the deal.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Allen Wren posted:

The problem is, though, that PBS's one last shield against getting completely gutted by the GOP (well, moreso than they already have, it's one of the major factors driving my father out of the business) has always been Sesame Street (well, since Fred Rogers passed, but that's beside the point), because no politician wants to be known as the guy who killed Big Bird. Basically, this means PBS is really in the crosshairs now.

Basically

but with puppets and less financial impropriety.

Hmm I hadn't thought of this but it totally makes sense. Starving the beast works really well!

:smith:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Phuzzy posted:

Holy loving poo poo :drat:

You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped dee Barnes?

Temper temper, mr dre? Mr NWA? Mr. AK comin straight outta Compton y'all better make way?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rorus Raz posted:

Lazy Sunday Comics :smugdog:

Ah yes, a perfect equivalency.

So the soldier is covering... A pair of long, articulate pipes with that blanket? Jesus Christ this is lazy

Haha way beaten, dang it's Sunday night this thread is flying

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

foobardog posted:

I refuse to believe that there exist adults who couldn't do this. At least Roe v. Wade, Brown v. Board of Education, Plessy v. Ferguson, The Dredd Scott decision, Bush v. Gore, Citizens United.

Like all of those cases are brought up all the time in political discussion. Maybe they wouldn't realize those are Supreme Court cases, but I'm sure they've heard of them.

E: Like maybe recently naturalized citizens, but they'd be more likely having gone through the citizenship test.

Sure and golly, dontcha know I'm just a huge fan of Mr. Brownveeboard, he uh... demonstrated that freedom was within the grasp of every American!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Never ever post that again what the gently caress.

Bors rules I can absolutely believe some shitbag dude like shkreli would rather give out money than admit to being owned on Twitter. Hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I have had an encounter in the wild:

I was recruited by my family in law to be a table filler at a dinner thrown by the Manhattan Institute (a terrible libertarian think tank that for some reason supports some relatively progressive social justice orgs that fall into the family fund's wheelhouse) and went in expecting the worst.

The first drat person I chatted with was a very nice middle aged woman who was there to research how she too could... I guess contribute to tangentially libertarian social justice work and after a few seconds she asks, verbatim, "Oh are you familiar with many political cartoons?"

And she says "I'm working on organizing a Pulitzer Prize winner (Deep breath of anticipation on my end) doing a lecture tour in the Carolinas, are you familiar with Michael Ramirez?" She pulls out a flier with this classic piece of poo poo in full color

And says "I just think he's so insightful," Flier has some words about ol' Mikey's lecture series or something, and she asks "Wouldn't this be great at places like UNC or Duke?"

At which point the program started so my ability to bite my tongue was not even further taxed. These people are real, and strong, and they are not my loving friends.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Skeesix posted:

Counterpoint if you have to deal with that person again: there's nothing libertarian about that comic. As far as I know, Ramirez is in no way libertarian. At the very least, the libertarian subreddit is no fan of his https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/2r9njh/top_10_editorial_cartoons_of_2014_best_of_michael/

Yeah, I will never have to though because even the people who got us involved / bought tickets were like "hmmmm how about NEVER AGAIN"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
When do the gay abortions usually come out? (to clarify the Awards for Worst Cartoons of the year haha)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Fuckin lol are you kidding me ^

Rorus Raz posted:

Please stop making replies. Let this thread die. Give me rest from my eternal shitposting.

I am fundamentally in love with this radical post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Saint Sputnik posted:

WATCH OBAMA START A GAY WAR

GIRL

I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY WAR