Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

When in color that Elephant man's hand is a disfigured monstrosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I'll just leave this here.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

If god is omnipotent, why would he be surprised while reading a newspaper?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Now that the cartoonist's have put out their hokey memorial cartoons, they can get to the real meat of the issue.

Edit: I don't know much about guns, but that silencer is huge.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

WitchFetish posted:

I'm not gonna be mean to you since you're obviously drunk, but just in case, Charlie Hebdo is the name of a magazine, not a dude.

I think this is the thing most people have been confused about (including myself).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

It kind of does, just not so specifically.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Can someone post all of Ramirez's cartoons on the issue in order, so we can see his real opinions be shown in quick order.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

How's that Russian economy doing by the way Cam?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Mister Bates posted:

It depends on the shooter's race and political motive. Same with bombings or any other sort of terrorist plot. A group of lefties that the FBI sweet-talked into trying to blow up a bridge, then immediately arrested for terrorism, got a few little blurbs on the national news a few years back despite literally not even getting to the point of building a bomb, while the attempted bombing of an MLK Day parade back in '11 or so barely even got any coverage on the local TV, despite the fact that there actually was a complete bomb there.

e: Also, yeah, fertilizer is more heavily regulated in much of the US than guns are. Bombings are relatively rare compared to mass shootings because the materials are a lot harder to get; as such, they generally get more coverage, and are seen as more 'serious'.

Like most things in the US, it has to actually kill people before we eventually forget about it.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Here's Bob Lang's measured and reasoned response to the situation

Who the hell is Bob Lang, because he went all out to be a piece of poo poo.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

and of course the all-time classics

20 (he re-drew this for Gore, but he didn't change the number)

These were exactly what I needed.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

A devilish creature who breaths coffee fumes. If you cut off one of the heads, two grow back.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

As a Texan, where can I get my Dallas Cowboy's Christie Cake Hat?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The son abides.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

colonel_korn posted:

:regd08:
Even 3+ years later Branco thinks Eastwood's "empty chair" speech was some kind of a sick burn and not an embarrassing spectacle. Also Putin wasn't there, you dunce.

Not only that, Netanyahu wasn't invited. And, in the Israeli newspaper, Angela Merkel was cut out of the picture.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Broken Cog posted:

Watch Rall misinterpret them completely. I bet he's just going to draw a cartoon to be offensive for offensiveness sake.

Ted Rall has never been killed for one of his cartoons, and he knows just the man to change that.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

These are some great sex faces.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Would this be considered anti-semitic?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bicyclops posted:

It's actually a flattering caricature in that it's probably as close as Gerald Scarfe can come to drawing a person without making them look like some kind of monster made up of screaming faces and human genitals.

For comparison, here is Gerald Scarfe's Assad.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Important note on that Kyle guy. He died getting shot by another marine with PTSD. This happened because he thought the best way to cure PTSD was to surround PTSD victims with as much firepower as possible and have them use it, which ended up not being true.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
That Juba guy should write a book where he talks about how he punched Saddam Hussein in the face.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

While noble whites looked on in disappointment

"drat these foul blacks! I see no issues to be mad about here. All of these violent people must be involved in the protest."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Twelve by Pies posted:

The way he drew it honestly makes it look more like the T-Rex is blaming that other dinosaur for what happened. They're staring shocked at Adam and Eve getting kicked out, and then the T-Rex turns, "This is all YOUR fault!"

When I first saw it I though he was saying the dinosaurs were Adam and Eve, and that we had evolved from dinosaurs.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I wonder what issues Tinsley and Omar Mahmood agree with.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

forbidden lesbian posted:

The teleprompters having a peach shade to them is a nice touch

Obama is about to use his finger to get him a taste of some delicious peach preserve.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Or maybe it's an entirely different sort of manifesto.

:getin:

I would love to see that 689 reasons to defeat Obama list.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

What is up with the robber's face? Also, that Canadian guy had no trouble unlocking the lock box that held his gun during that shooting in Ottawa.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Without the color Ramirez's cartoons look so much worse than they normally do. Just look at those teleprompters, the desk is refracted but the people's suits are not. And why is Boehner's face part Geoduck?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"2016" sound like "bmmb" if your foot is in your mouth.

I kind of already know the answer, but was this something Biden actually said? And also, how is this statement in any way a gaffe worthy of a foot in the mouth.

For all the folksy love he gets, I really don't like JRRose.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

My Candidate: Pants on the ground.

Your Candidate: Pants up.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Wolfsheim posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of Let's Play videos thoughtfully narrated by Obama. Think about how it would sound to hear his smooth cadence describe how they totally nerfed shotguns to appeal to casuals while knifing people in the latest Call of Duty sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIqwmtluSQo

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The racist black stereotype almost made me miss the myriad of racist Asian stereotypes.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rorus Raz posted:

Racists are tired of being called racist. Good insight.

When would be the right time in our country's history?

Galatianman's answer: never

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I'm glad Ramirez explained the "joke" in two places in case I missed one of them.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"He's resisting arrest!" BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Just kidding, McCoy is white. If there's one thing white people will complain about, it's being pulled over or hassled by the police in any situation. And because they know they won't be shot, attitude is very likely to be thrown the cops way.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Can someone provide some info on this Sen. Burr torture report thing?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

alnilam posted:

As bad, in fact worse, as many other artists are, i think drunk duck always wins the "goddamn will you shut UP already" award

This is because he will always bring up a topic 2 weeks late because of his delay, but will also talk bout it for some random amount of weeks (probably not wanting to put all of his research to waste).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I'm beginning to think that Mallard Fillmore is consistently the worst cartoon posted. I've begun to dread seeing whatever stupid stuff he says more than whatever Branco or the McCoys post.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Conservatives also think that because pork isn't kosher that it acts as some form of kryptonite against Jewish (and Muslim) people, causing them to burst into flame if it comes in contact with them, as opposed to the reality of just not eating it.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

If you took out the dog, the magazine, and the newspaper this cartoon would look way better.

Other option: Put it on a bumper sticker.

• Locked thread