Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Adolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there a reason the ears are drawn the wrong way around?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Finnish Lutheran version just has Jesus bridging the gap and you don't even need faith, which is nice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

toanoradian posted:

There is a concept of a 'bridge to goodness' in Islam, where you have to cross an incredibly narrow bridge to get from the place where all humans gather after death to Paradise. If you fell of the Bridge, it's Hell. I think the speed in which you cross the bridge depends on how much good deed points you have. Of course, if you have more bad deed points than good deed points you'll just fall through the bridge.

Middle-Eastern types: make the worst bridges.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Do people actually attend the "Dry Bones Academy" or is it just a tax-free money scheme that Kirschen funnels money through similar to many professional athletes' fake charities?

I mean, who would look at his art and say "yup, I wanna draw like that" because they'd be more deranged than he is.

"I can make money drawing like that?" Sign me up!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Those poor white Syrians

I've never met a Syrian so I did a quick Bing(tm) Image Search and they all look pretty white to me :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Since when is a red cross on a white background the English flag?

Huh. Apparently since forever, but I do wonder how many people outside the UK would recognize it, rather than the actual UK flag.

A hell of a lot of people since football is the most popular sport in the world and England has its own team.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

alnilam posted:

I swear I heard it once, it was a balding man with a ponytail...

As if there are any non-balding men with ponytails?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Really? I've never seen "ask" used like that (as in "I got an ask for you" or what?) but I'm not a native English speaker nor do I live in an English-speaking country, after all :v:

If you use ask as a noun in front of RodShaft, you're going to get your "ask" icked.

(How do you feel about using ick as a verb, RodShaft?)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 15, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Niton posted:

This is a stark version of it, but locking autistic kids in closets / empty rooms because "they're misbehaving" is An Accepted Thing among way too many special education providers :smith:

Putting autistic children in a bag is very common as far as I know. I think someone on the forums still has an avatar with a kid's head poking out of a sack from the thread about it years ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who What Now posted:

You should never, under any circumstances, lock a child inside anything ever, but don't a not insignificant number of autistic people find enclosed spaces to be calming? I might be misremembering that, and it's not an excuse for teachers doing it to a student, I'm just curious if I'm remembering right.

The creator of the hugbox was autistic herself (drat I hope I remembered that right but oh well). A cage isn't really an enclosed space though now is it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I had never heard of GK Chesterton, and Googling him turned up this image.

Immaculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fearless posted:

That's bullshit. Lemmy wouldn't appear before God

• Locked thread