Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UN climate change talks – All leaders must rise to the challenge for December 2015, warns outgoing EU climate chief"

Independent:

Tony Blair says Labour 'left-wing' warning 'misinterpreted'

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"First Dog on the Moon on Pope Francis – Pope Francis has urged people of all religions and cultures to unite to fight modern slavery and human trafficking, saying in his first mass of 2015 that everyone has a God-given right to be free"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Nigel Farage says he will do dry January for his 'unpredictable' New Year's resolution

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

Beats me, I never heard of him/her/it, but it was posted under the :britain: heading so

Yeah, they do a cartoon for the Guardian's Aussie website, and occasionally sub in for the Brit cartoonists.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Conservative election campaign – David Cameron is to launch a controversial Conservative advertisement claiming the party has halved the deficit while in government"

Independent:

After Degas.

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Yesterday's Observer:

"George Osborne's friends wish you a frugal new year - Chris Riddell on the chancellor's vision for 2015"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the general election battle – Ed Miliband's campaign chief insists party can win key seats through 'conversation by conversation' local activism"

Saturday's Telegraph:

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Ex-SNP leader Alex Salmond announces he is to stand for UK Parliament

Telegraph:

Millions of pounds of public money to pay for grey squirrel cull

Yesterday's Independent on Sunday:

Abandoned migrant ship Ezadeen reaches Italy

Independent:

Cameron steps up general election fight as parties trade blows (over the NHS)

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservative party – Labour has rubbished a 'dodgy dossier riddled with untruths' unveiled by George Osborne on Monday, which claimed that the opposition party had committed to £21bn of extra spending" Also, Conservative election poster: Tories use picture of German road in 'road to recovery' election poster

Telegraph:

Euro touches a nine-year low against US dollar; Cargo ship Solent: Salvage team boards stranded vessel

Independent:

A&E performance in England 'likely to hit new low'

Times:

Last Thursday's Mail:

Mail:

"Oh no. Not another bloody Maserati!" Goldman Sachs paid highest bonuses to staff in 2013

And now, main Politoon thread, introducing the Brit thread's favourite, Paul Thomas.

Express:

Now our cookers will feel the heat from Brussels

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the NHS – NHS England figures show just 83.1% of patients were treated within the four-hour target in week before Christmas" After William Blake.

Independent:

Times:

Germany Pegida protests: 'Islamisation' rallies denounced

Yesterday's Mail:

Prince Andrew sex claims 'emphatically denied' by palace

Mail:

Express:

Ed Miliband ridiculed for election pledge to have 'conversation' with FOUR MILLION voters

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Charlie Hebdo attack – At least 12 dead after three gunmen walk into Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo's offices and open fire before fleeing in a getaway car"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Brent crude oil price dips below $50 a barrel

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Charlie Hebdo attackers – French police have named three men suspected of carrying out Wednesday's attack at the offices in Paris of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo" Also, Martin Rowson's article on the attacks.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Fire engine used as makeshift ambulance for elderly woman

Mail:

Also, Mac's article on the attacks.

Express:

Lady at war over £2m painting sold for £3,500 :monocle:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Charlie Hebdo – In two ferocious, near simultaneous assaults as dusk fell, heavily armed French elite forces shot dead the two gunmen behind Wednesday's massacre at Charlie Hebdo and a third member of the terror cell wanted for Thursday's murder of a young policewoman"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After John Leech (scroll down to the paragraph before Part III)

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Charlie Hebdo outrage: Marianne defies the killers - Chris Riddell on the appalling murders of his cartoonist colleagues"

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Charlie Hebdo Paris rally – World leaders join anti-terror march in French capital after slaying of satirical magazine's staff" "The state is Charlie"

Independent:

Cameron should 'stop ducking' TV election debates, says Miliband

Times:

Express:
"Charlie - I think so"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's deficit speech – Prime minister takes decision not to renew his call for EU migrants to be stopped from coming to the UK if they do not have a job"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Independent:

Apology for 'Muslim Birmingham' Fox News claim

Express:

Commuter train from Brighton to London Victoria NEVER on time for whole of last year

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Charlie Hebdo – It was standing room only for the emotional Charlie Hebdo press conference on Tuesday afternoon, as the surviving members of the team vowed that the magazine would continue and its spirit would not be broken."

Yesterday's Telegraph:

David Cameron accuses Ed Miliband of 'disgusting' attempt to 'weaponise' NHS

Telegraph:

UK inflation rate falls to 0.5% in December

Independent:

David Cameron says new online data laws needed After Luz.

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Mail:

Beagle 2 Mars lander’s remains may have been spotted on red planet

Express:

Chairwoman of school governors who had alleged affair with headmaster is one of 'Cameron's Cuties'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on televised election debates and 'green crap' – David Cameron's insistence on the Greens' involvement in the television debates follows his alleged comments in 2013 that aides 'get rid of all the green crap' from energy bills"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

SomeMathGuy posted:

You may have mentioned this in a previous post, but why exactly does Bell draw Cameron with a condom on his head?

Steve Bell posted:

This cartoon marked a turning point, in that I’d been trying out various ways of doing Cameron, from man boobs through to jellyfish, and this seemed a natural development. It said a great deal about his smoothness, but opened up a lot of new, symbolic and rubbery possibilities. By way of a bonus, Cameron does not favour the depiction. He came up to me at a Spectator party at the Tory conference in October, and asked me how long I was going to carrry on with it, before advising me: “You can only push a condom so far”.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's meeting with Barack Obama - The prime minister visits the White House on Friday as the first European leader to meet the president after the multiple shootings in Paris" Also, David Cameron: President Obama calls me ‘Bro’

Telegraph:

Free climbers reach El Capitan peak and make history

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Charlie Hebdo attack: Print run for new issue expanded

Mail:

Bexleyheath Academy teacher Stuart Kerner sentenced for pupil affair

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the discovery of Beagle 2 on Mars – New images show that the UK's Beagle 2 successfully landed on the surface of Mars in 2003 but failed to fully deploy its solar panels"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Pope Francis: 'Curse my mother, expect a punch' After Francis Bacon.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"If David Cameron won't debate on TV... - Chris Riddell suggests some substitutes for the 'chicken' prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

'Don't mention the economy', Labour activists told

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cameron's comments on religion and violence – David Cameron disagrees with Pope Francis on responding with violence, saying in free society there is right to cause offence"

Telegraph:

Eurotunnel services delayed further after fire; Swiss franc soars as Switzerland abandons euro cap

Independent:

Ed Miliband accuses David Cameron over pay rise plea

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Eric Pickles' letter to Islamic leaders – Communities secretary's letter appears to suggest 'Muslims and Islam are inherently apart from British society', says council"

Telegraph:

Tories committed to 'full employment', says David Cameron

Independent:

Richest 1% to own more than rest of world, Oxfam says After Thomas Nast.

Yesterday's Times:

New strategy to cut suicides 'achievable', says Clegg

Mail:

Party invoice: Boy sent bill for birthday no-show

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Lord Mandelson's mansion tax warning"

Telegraph:

Sun's apparent end to topless Page Three pictures 'overdue'

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Chilcot inquiry – Cabinet secretary, who agreed only to redacted Bush and Blair exchanges in Iraq war, to explain post-election publication"

Telegraph:

[Based on Tony Blair's claim that The document discloses that his[Saddam's] military planning allows for some of the WMD to be ready within 45 minutes of an order to use them.]

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

'I know you're angry, Sadie, love. But it's just the wrong time of the year to protest.'
:nws:Yeah, about that story...:nws:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Those women want to be Page 3 models, and are protesting for the boobie pictures to come back. But they're topless, and it's cold, and poor Sadie's frozen solid!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the leader debates – The BBC and ITV are expected to expand their TV leader debates plan to include the Green party, the Scottish National party and Plaid Cymru" The puppet is Nicola Sturgeon, SNP leader and current Scottish First Minister.

Telegraph:

New Scottish Parliament powers plan published Referring to this front page, published during the recent independence referendum.

Independent:

ECB unveils massive QE boost for eurozone

Yesterday's Times:

After Chas Addams.

Yesterday's Mail:

'Don't hurry him. He's just making it safe.'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the death of King Abdullah – Abdullah bin Abdilaziz Al Saud, king of Saudi Arabia, has died at the age of 90"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Sir David Wilkie.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pilchenstein posted:

Dunno, I only discovered him last year via the UK politoons thread, don't remember seeing anything he's done about Putin. :confused:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Chilcot: the sleep of reason produces monsters - Chris Riddell (with apologies to Goya) on the delayed Chilcot report"

Sunday Telegraph:

UKIP MEP Amjad Bashir defects to Conservative Party Also 50th anniversary of death of Churchill.

Independent on Sunday:

Greek elections: Party leaders make final calls for votes

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the inside of Nigel Farage's head – An imagined look at the team Ukip’s leader gets help from" After Fritz Khan.

Telegraph:

Greece election: Anti-austerity Syriza wins election

Independent:

Saturday's Times:

From December 2014: Saudi terrorism court 'to try women drivers'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Syriza's election victory in Greece – Greek radicals sought on Monday to redraw the political map of Europe, forming a coalition government of left and right, united only by their desire to shrug off the constraints of austerity" After George Cruikshank.

Telegraph:

David Cameron says hoax call did not breach security

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

Greek singer Demis Roussos dies aged 68

Mail:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

100 days until the general election.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Having previously asked for the Greens to be added to the proposed debates, Cameron now seeks to add the Northern Ireland-based Democratic Unionist Party.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Apple's record profits - Apple has smashed into the record book by reporting the largest quarterly profit in corporate history"

Telegraph:

Greece will not default - PM Tsipras

Independent:

NHS guidelines for 'major incidents' spark political row

Yesterday's Mail:

Election debates again; Wolf Hall: the truth behind Damian Lewis' tiny codpiece After Holbein.

Yesterday's Mail:

'Got the drill? ONE we're slashing your benefits. TWO so go and get a job, you lazy gits, and THREE we do hope we can count on your support'
:ohdear: The Poors!!!!! :supaburn:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ellie Foreman-Peck on Angela Merkel, Alexis Tsipras and the euro - Greece's future in the eurozone in doubt, with its new leader's vision at odds with the views of the German chancellor"

Telegraph:

Election debates: Clegg says David Cameron being ludicrous; Yellow car spoils the view for snappers

Independent:

General Election 2015: Labour's Ed Miliband 'not focusing' on doing SNP deal; In pictures: UK snow 29 January 2015

Yesterday's Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Saturday's Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the 50th anniversary of Winston Churchill's funeral"

Yesterday's Observer:

"A cry for help from the health service - Chris Riddell on Ed Miliband’s pledge to ‘weaponise’ the NHS"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the row over Boots boss Stefano Pessina" Boots boss: Ed Miliband would be a 'catastrophe' for Britain; Labour launches stinging attack on Boots boss Stefano Pessina

Saturday's Telegraph:

Sunday Telegraph:

Prince Charles' household likened to Wolf Hall, biographer claims

Saturday's Independent:

Greece economy: Merkel rules out more debt relief After Goya.

Independent on Sunday:

Independent:

Friday's Times:

Greek debt, Wolf Hall.

Saturday's Times:

Blair’s links to Rwandan President Kagame must remain secret – Foreign Office

Thursday's Mail:

Ed Miliband lying across his desk with two knives in his back, labelled Milburn and Hutton, he is calling 999. Caption reads Ambulance please - but tell them not to be too quick. I'm trying to prove a point.

Friday's Mail:

Mac cartoon DM 30 01 15 about sex at 70, showing an old man in a car in a blizzard, with the caption. . . How come your car isn't covered in snow, grandad?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

matrix ripoff posted:

Maybe you can help me - recently there was a round of Guardian cartoons posted, and one of them featured this gigantic, hideous green smoke-ghost resembling Thatcher. Like she took up almost the entire panel. It is truly gruesome.

My Google-fu is week and I haven't been able to dredge it up. I don't suppose you have a copy of it on you?

Maybe the Indy in this post?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and the war on mediocrity – Prime minister sets out plans to sack headteachers at coasting schools in what he terms an ‘all-out war on mediocrity’"

Telegraph:

Bronze sculptures 'may be by Michelangelo'; Nicky Morgan rejects claim Gove still driving education

Independent:

Times:

Kim Sears supports fiance Andy Murray in 'Explicit Content' T-shirt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the 2015 election - As parliament passes a law allowing ‘three-parent births’, a higher than usual number of players are jockeying for position in UK politics"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Lowering tuition fees 'implausible', say vice-chancellors

Mail:

Complaints against police reach a record high

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Chilcot report delays - Lord Chilcot, the head of the official inquiry into the Iraq war, has rejected calls to set a timetable for publication"

Independent:

Ed Miliband will bankrupt Britain, bosses warn: Captains of industry queued up to attack Labour's economic policy

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Mail:

Harper Lee to publish Mockingbird 'sequel'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Britain's role in Iraq - Britain needs to play a greater role in the fight in Iraq against Islamic State, according to a scathing report published on Thursday by the cross-party Commons defence committee, which describes the UK contribution so far as “strikingly modest”"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

SNP to wipe out Labour vote in Scotland, Lord Ashcroft poll reveals

Telegraph:

Lib Dems propose £8bn in tax rises to reduce deficit

Independent:

Ukraine crisis: Leaders in new diplomatic push for peace

Yesterday's Times:

Ed Balls red-faced after forgetting name of Labour business supporter

Times:

Mail:

Brits asked to prove nationality in clampdown on health tourism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Greece and Ukraine - Greece’s radical Syriza government has vowed to keep fighting pressure from its eurozone neighbours to stick to the strict terms of its bailout package as battle lines were drawn ahead of crunch debt talks next week."

Telegraph:

Ukraine crisis: 'Last chance' for peace says Hollande; Start of Six Nations (that neither Germany nor Russia take part in :rolleyes:)

Independent:

NHS reorganisation was disastrous, says King's Fund After Rembrandt.

Times:

No 10 rejects 'bit player' claim over Ukraine crisis

• Locked thread