Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever? Kelly doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Probably should've phrased that better! But thanks for the chuckles :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish Latuff did more threesome-related cartoons.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tes pantalons par terre
Tes pantalons par terre
Ressemblant un imbécile
Avec tes pantalons par terre

Probably needs some tweaking to make it sound better.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Muir obviously can't read music. That's not what a note looks like.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is that dog so loving smug

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well, at least it's a joke.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My dad has someone else's kidney in him. I guess that makes him a Multi-Person Adult Frankenstein Monster :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not My Leg posted:

I usually don't care about accuracy in portrayal of guns, but come on. How is that gun even supposed to work?

If you wanted, you could give the gently caress who drew the cartoon the benefit of the doubt, and suppose that the gun's malformed shape is intentional! Obama isn't give our troops proper guns!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So this is the stuff that periodically stinks up the D&D Picture Thread.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What the gently caress?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has this thread seen Marty Two-Bulls yet? Here are all of his cartoons from 2015.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat you, Kelly. You won. You were the one to break us.

:negative:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marty Two Bull's in town.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Because I just can't get enough, here's a few good Marty Two Bulls from last year that I don't remember seeing before.

That last one is vaguely antisemitic, but then again, "heh heh heh injuns heh".

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

You know, just because a picture has a big nose doesn't mean its antisemitic. Especially when its a caricature of a symbol that doesn't represent Jews at all.

Sure, I'll concede that. I'm mostly reacting to that cartoon's unintentional resemblance to A Wyatt Man's famous kike.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Have some non-political-cartoon Marty Two Bulls, just because.

He apparently used to do a cartoon called "Deez", named after fellow political cartoonist Dees his daughter.

And Marty is rad, all day every day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe this is a meaningless thing to say, but, truly, Muir has gone off the deep end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The man is all Republican talking points rolled up into one. He's pretty great.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

this guy just makes me sad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Liberal_L33t posted:

When 'Mac' gets posted, I often find myself a little shocked at how vile it is, which is surprising given these threads' long history with Ramirez and the McCoys. Eventually, the latter loses its edge with familiarity - as soon as your unfocused eye spots the distinctive crosshatching or nauseating color palette, you're subconsciously anticipating something horrendous by the time you get around to actually reading the text half a second later. But Mac strikes from ambush, at the tail end of a post full of Brit-toons which are typically a blur of in-jokes, borderline-dadaist caricatures, and broad satire. After briefly PBFing over the usual brit-toons, I scroll down lazily and suddenly get smacked in the face with the British equivalent of Chuck Asay.

I don't see how this cartoon is Asay-esque?

I do like Mac's style, of having the camera, so to speak, zoomed out and away from the action.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shugojin posted:

One of the biggest parts of Asay's style was that you more or less had to share his beliefs/get in his head in order to read it as he intended. Mostly because he just drew people more or less consistently regardless of if he agreed or not.

Maybe I'm missing the loathsomeness in this particular cartoon, then. Seems to me, after glancing at the linked news story, that the police and social workers performed their job poorly, at least according to that one detective, and are being admonished for it. Mac's on the ball as far as that's concerned.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Muir was once married? Is this confirmed?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

random old two bulls

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can see a preview of Ramirez's next "Arrows Pointing at a Presidential Candidate (Who Is Stinky)" cartoon there, on the left.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New Marty Two Bulls.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think this may be the first time Muir draws an "actual" vagina.

If true, it's depressing and I'm ashamed of myself for noticing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

But it's still "cacti", right?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shugojin posted:

Hey Rorus, please put this insane Wise rant into his shitlord bio, thanks. :stare:

It's pure wise.txt, it's loving golden.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New Marty Two Bulls.

:shrug:

Wikipedia posted:

Thulsa Doom is a fictional character first appearing in the Kull short story "Delcardes' Cat" by Robert E. Howard. He has since appeared in comic books and film as the nemesis of Kull and, later, one of Howard's other creations, Conan the Barbarian. Thulsa Doom is the prototype for many of the future undead evil wizards, such as Tsotha-Lanti (in the Conan saga) and Kathulos (in the Skull Face novelette); other living or revenant Howardian practitioners of magic such as Thoth Amon, Thugra Khotan, Kathulos and Xaltotun bear some psychological similitudes to Thulsa Doom even if their outward appearance is vastly different.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I see. It's a reference to this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Here's the story, since I had no idea what this was about before I looked it up.

Alright, this one got me. The emails in the second panel... They're pretty good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the jpg? My phone has problems with copying links

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fair enough. Thanks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The art's nice, and the cartoon isn't immediately offensive or offensively stupid. Good work Glenn!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do we like Watterson again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guys, I'm starting to think that Muir might be an idiot.

• Locked thread