Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Eschers Basement posted:

(Not hard to do when you're against Barry "low-yield nukes to deforest SE Asia" Goldwater.)

I'm sorry, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

What's the name of the guy who does the oatmeal knock offs? I think of all the cartoons posted itt, I hate those the most. At least the other cartoonists are upfront about being assholes.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Xanderkish posted:

Refreshingly honest my rear end. Trump has a record of donating to the democratic party. He donated to the campaigns of Reid and Pelosi, not to mention donating a shitton to the Clinton Foundation.As seen here.

To be fair, he did actually mention in a speech that he donated to the democrats. I think Trump gets a rep for honesty because it's fairly believable he genuinely holds all of his terrible opinions, even though almost everything he says is complete bullshit.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Man, the cartoonist at the times really loving hates Corbyn.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Stephen Collins:

Man, I would be willing to have donald trump be president, even though it would probably lead to nuclear armageddon, if it A, made sure Corbyn became PM and B, meant that the two of them had to interact. I honestly have no idea what they would even say to each other since they're basically opposites.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Everyone get ready for some good UK politoons tomorrow now that we've actually done something right for once.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Chick Tract stuff is funny because it never touches on Anglicanism and it's spin off's because in Chick actually finds the church to be to heretical to even talk about. It's honest to god side splitting how many religious crazies on my Uni campus find Athiests more tolerable than Anglicans/Episcoplians.

At my uni, there was a Christian Students Society and a Pagan Society. There were actually a lot of friendships between people in the groups which I always thought was nice, albeit pretty funny.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Jesus that's even darker

Still not as dark as the WaPo opening line on the Sandy Hook shooting, but still.

What did the WaPo (Washington Post?) say?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I've heard the house of lords called a lot of things but working class is a new one.

Since they got rid of most of the hereditary peers, it is actually possible for the house of lords to be full of working-class people or at least people from working class backgrounds. I mean, it's not but it could be.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Angry Salami posted:

In 1944-5, following the German occupation of Hungary, the 13 year old George Soros worked for the Judenrat, the Nazi-appointed Jewish councils that administered the ghettos and selected victims for deportation and/or forced labor - as did pretty much all of Budapest's Jewish teenagers after the Germans closed all Jewish schools.

To people like Ann Coulter or Glenn Beck, that makes him an enthusiastic supporter of the Final Solution - as, presumably, is any other Jew who made compromises in order to survive.

Kind of like how people called the old pope a nazi because he was in the hitler youth, even though that was mandatory for german kids by 1938.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

ISIS's attack sought to sever the Bourbon monarchy from the municipality of Paris and values of 1789, a wildly inaccurate and incredibly obscure political symbolism cartoon?

Just like to say I enjoyed this joke immensely.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Erenthal posted:

The Daily Mail is like a secret underground newspaper distributed by neo-nazis, right?

It's not an established paper with circulation that people read and nod along to, right? Right?

The Daily Mail has been an abscess on British society since its formation and the fact it is one of the most popular papers demonstrates that people are generally bad.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Huh, it's a real thing and it's even kinda old. I had never heard of it.

Thanks to this thread, I have learned the existed of Men's Day and of Squirrel Appreciation Day.

As a male squirrel, this is very exciting news.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

You probably either have to have been reading this thread way too long or be British to not find a man obsessively drawing a prime minister as a literal condom head as strange and bad.

My guess is the cartoonist got tired of being called a "Bell end" constantly, due to his name and snapped.

I'm British and have been reading this thread too long, so I find a man obsessively drawing a prime minister as a literal condom head to be normal and good.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

No one has commented on this one but it's really good. I don't know much about australian politics and I got what the cartoon was saying immediately. Pope is very good.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Darn, I was hoping so Brit toons would have the dreamy pm trudeau.

I'm not sure you want your dreamy PM drawn by a brit cartoonist as he will probably end up being drawn like some rotting water rat or something.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Saw this posted in the Miiverse thread:

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

Some early appearances of Hitler in American editorial cartoons

It's funny in a morbid way that they all assumed he was some stupid nut who was going to be humiliated and ineffectual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

It's pretty clear the object of attack is Cruz, not his children, so I think it's pretty bullshit to pull the cartoon.

It's especially unjust when you consider that all the very bad cartoonists never seem to get stuff pulled.

• Locked thread