Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

achillesforever6 posted:

I actually just got out of church and that travesty of a football game did not come up

Whereas down here it's that magical time when we get reprieve from rabid Redskins defense* as people pretend they've been Ravens fans the whole time.

*"I don't see how its racist. No, really, no idea what you're talking about." :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Moorish Kyng! :argh:

EDIT:

After The War fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 5, 2015

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Just gonna leave this here.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Marriages_and_children

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Internet Webguy posted:

After football season, Mitch McConnell breaks out the bondage erotica.

I had to go to his site to make sure this wasn't an edit. That backwards book? (If it had been a goon edit, that would have been the MANGA ADAPTATION) "Fooball"?

FOOBALL?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

KazigluBey posted:

The hidden audio file is hilarious, what is that, vangelis teaching genital biology?

We are truly living in the age of Myths and Legends. Future generations will mock our tales as fanciful, calling them allegory or at best, hyperbole. But now, in this moment, we know that Gods are real.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Samurai Sanders posted:

They're saying that having a job prevents people from becoming terrorists in the first place you stupid, stupid fuckers.

edit: unless there was some terrorist recruiting session at the conference? I didn't read the entire contents of it.

What you and Obummer are failing to realize is that economic factors have nothing to do with the root cause of terrorism: Islam. The only way to get rid of terrorism is to get rid of that, somehow.

That's the only thing I can get out of these.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

It's refreshing to see this used in a context other than "sorry, kids! We're spending your inheritance on social programs school funding basic infrastructure and roads free stuff! Sucks to be you!"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

alnilam posted:

Not only adults, but an adult wearing a camo jacket. Quite the sympathetic character.

And he's foaming at the mouth. Obviously he needs some kind of medical treatment, and since everything in DeesWorld is clearly and honestly labeled, we know they're not euthanizing him.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Post 9-11 User posted:

It's a beard. I like Dees, he's so crazy and his pieces are so well done it's thoroughly entertaining.

Oh poo poo, it is. I really do need to get new glasses.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Yes, I think you fail to understand the widespread popularity of the Garbage Pail Kids. :colbert:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
One Star Trek comment, just because no one else has said it, then I'll stop.

Abrams Trek just continued the tradition of every film since Undiscovered Country: someone with legitimate off-screen grievance is driven mad by their lust for REVENGE, frequently while enduring nightmarish conditions and can only be stopped by insanely violent, sociopathic lunatics who have live in opulence, comfort, and technological superiority. Who also frequently want REVENGE. You're supposed to root for those guys.

Oh wait... I guess everyone gets the Star Trek they deserve. :smith:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Venom Snake posted:

Every Star Trek movie not directed by Leonard Nimoy is poo poo. And the 1st one isn't good no matter how hard people wank about it.

The voice of wisdom. Christopher Lloyd was the quintessential TOS Klilngon.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I always love seeing these for the art and getting the perspective of people we're told to loathe. But the fact that he's holding the nightstick flute with (mostly) correct hand technique just makes me irrationally happy. :3:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Dammit, Marty Two Bulls, why are you being so soft on Snyder?

(For goons outside the DC region, his unmitigated evil rivals Dick Cheney's, long before the team name finally got attention.)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

alnilam posted:

Am... am I still on SA? Did a star wars reference just go over people's heads? Unless...

I think people are staying quiet after the recent multi-derail incident that led to pages sans cartoons.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

loquacius posted:

Can I just say that I really resent that he's trying to tell me liberals hate Jews in one comic and immediately follows it with "Lefty Lucy" starring the most Jewish-looking stock photo he could find

No, no, it's Obama that hates Jews because he was willing to talk to Iran and all Jews everywhere gave him the finger by re-electing Netanyahu with a massive margin.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen the "Obama is an anti-Semite because he doesn't want to glass the middle east/is willing to approach the idea of maybe possibly altering decades-old sanction policies that have only worked against us" before.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Making yet another comic, this one about the concept of a person running, is just veering into 'heh I don't even pay attention anymore guys' which is cool, maybe he could make a normal rear end comic then, lots of other poo poo besides a tubby Canadian attention whore in the news.

:confused: But we weren't talking about JJ.... oooooooh.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Is that supposed to be a selfie stick, or is he getting on younguns and their "germ theory" about not wanting to touch the light switch in a public bathroom?

Post 9-11 User posted:

If presenting accurate information in a bland way with some profanity is "edgy," "crazy," or "offensive," to you, I repeat my advice to go outside more, maybe read a book.

You were Mr. Fish the entire time?! :psypop:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

cheetah7071 posted:

In a libertarian utopia, the government would not have a monopoly over legitimate force--they would only be able to use force to enforce contracts, and any entity could legitimately use force if the victim signed a contract allowing them to do so.

Now why is it my first reaction is "oh God, now that part of Phantom Meance makes sense"?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Wales Grey posted:

What about "I'll pay you a million dollars cash if you let me kill you."?

But with no inheritance tax? Gotcha!

:luckyducky:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Xander77 posted:

I thought about doing a Vietnam mega-post, but... well, there's a LOT of material to go through. Might as well start with a retrospective from a single cartoonist.

Credit where it's due, these two are by Bill Mauldin, which is good because we rarely get to see his 60s work. At this point, it's nice to see some "Greatest Generation" voices (hell, Maudlin was the cartoonist of rank-and-file WWII draftees) showing Vietnam as a clusterfuck, when "we would have gotten away with Vietnam, if it wasn't for those meddling commie youth peaceniks" is increasingly becoming Established History.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Kajeesus posted:

A lot of people ITT being intolerant of Texan culture.

I think you cut too much text.

You're both still getting the subject-verb agreement correct, the original was closer to "can Israel haz the West Bank."

I'm not going to do one one, though, I'm already running late for work.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Works on another level, intended or not: PA still allows* smoking in bars, which we south of the Mason-Dixon banned ages ago, so every time my band goes up there to play we have to decontaminate everything when we get back.

*allow meaning "smoke as much as humanly possible, and then some"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

"No intelligent life on this planet" has to go back fifty years, but that guy in the middle is why I love Rogers.

"The ONE day I forgot my missile launcher!" :bang:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

LashLightning posted:

Literally "If I can't call a black person a ni*bong* then the terrorists have already won!"

No, this is of the "the left/media are afraid to admit that all Muslims are evil, murderous, and smelly AND ALL COMING TO KILL US :derp: because they don't want to be called racist" variety. The general absence of support for Kurds from the right as "some of the good ones" shows how deeply entrenched this narrative is.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

loquacius posted:

Also I'm glad Hope 'n' Change is jumping on the :tinfoil: bandwagon :allears:

This is a change from his usual "minorities and liberals" are to "stupid" as "Obama" is to "gay" routine.

Maybe this will become a thing, wingnutters suddenly railing against the military because "government" and alienating their base. :pray:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

albany academy posted:

The others are properly pluralized, except for cartoonist. Does this mean they can cross it off now, or are they still looking for this one particular cartoonist?

ISIS owns Idakoos! :tinfoil:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

alnilam posted:

1/5 stars
I came in expecting the IDEAL BOY to be ENJOYING his schoolbag, as my hard-earned TAX DOLLARS had paid for heavy books with which to fill it, and it is well-understood that SCHOOL is GOOD for children to get swole and a non-flabby society. However, instead I find this supposedly "ideal boy" (I wonder how ideal he really is??) carrying light-weight TNT!! I am VERY upset about this and will not be reading this comic again.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Plom Bar posted:

What is the origination of this again?

In August 2013, JRRose! did a fairly innocuous back-to-school cartoon:

One poster took umbrage with the idea of weak children having difficulty with the weight, and when confronted with the "holy poo poo, they're kids" argument dug in deeper and deeper, that heavy lifting was the only way to "get kids swole". He eventually did the "ha ha, trap spung, social experiment" defense and got a great custom AV.

Looking back on it, those were the best years of my life it was the last time the thread had a weathervane-level derail into non-cartoon territory. My gf and I were reminiscing about it last night, so when I saw "schooling" in fixed font, I read it as "schoolbag" and the rest... just wrote itself.

If you have archives, ground zero is right here.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
:radcat: Simian Zionist conspiracy, you heard it here, folks.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Tritanomalicious posted:

I like Quinoa, but unfortunately, I'm pre-diabetic and it's too high in carbs to replace meat.

e: I'm cool with vegans and I would probably go vegetarian if I could swing it, but I need eggs, too. Don't take away my eggs.

Most vegetarians, myself included, eat eggs. Them vegans just try to make it confusing. :eng99:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

colonel_korn posted:

Won't someone please think of the Christians? :qq:

It's good to see that Lester is sticking his transphobic guns instead of towing the party line of "have a problem with Caitlyn Jenner's Republicanism? Guess you're the real transphone. :smuggo:"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

albany academy posted:

this was made by a goon, right?

mad whitey, the shaking of the fist/hunched stance, the thought bubble is goatse, etc

No, Eric Semelroth apparently only does Mad Whitey cartoons anymore. For he has achieved perfection.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

loquacius posted:

There's also the added "Republicans like dinosaurs because they ARE dinosaurs :razz:" angle, but that's really not enough to carry the cartoon either

Whenever Rogers does something like this, I always figure it was his backup for some "Smash the State!" piece his editor refused to run.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Rorus Raz posted:

Just so we're clear: Gorrell has earned the lifetime underachievement award and is no longer eligible to win the "Laziest" category, right?

If so, we'd better start posting Catalino again so his "insufficient effort to look better than :shrek:" can be properly rewarded.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Post 9-11 User posted:

He totally wasn't born in Connecticut, an Ivy League flunky, and was definitely elected legitimately after serving honorably with Are Troops.

I had a professor who went to college with GWB whose clearest recollection was of a frat boy in a cowboy hat, drunkenly pretending to direct traffic.

Sign of things to come.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

prefect posted:

I hope this hasn't already been posted too many times.

I didn't get a chance to add to the conversation on this earlier, but I hope they the Onion go with more of these... lots more. :unsmigghh:

It's been too long since we had a "what's with this Kelly guy?" dogpile.

EDIT - The scary thing is that, to readers of this thread, it's perfectly plausible that this is real. It's no worse than the poo poo we grimace over daily.

After The War fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 9, 2015

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Garrand posted:

I don't feel like going through the whole chain of evidence (it's an amazon item with some news article I dont' remember off the top of my head) but this is the Jarlsburg we all know and love.

http://barney.wikia.com/wiki/Stephen_White

So we have, in fact, found the One True Mad Whitey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The easing of sanctions will eventually open massive markets as Iranians gain access to American products.

A "Holy poo poo, This Will Be A Huge Win For Your Side, What The Hell Is Wrong With You" Cartoon.

• Locked thread