Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I searched "The After" because I never knew about it, and all I learned is that there was a guy walking around in a clown costume in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Alt-history with the Nazis winning? I don't know. I'm not gonna be optimistic, I'll just wait and see.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Its from the original series and keeps the Sci Fi custom of having different swears. See also Farscape.

I thought he was laughing because "frack" and "fracking" are real words that we've been using more and more lately.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I like history, but I guess I'm just not an alt-history fan in general.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, making pilots publicly available is an optional thing that Amazon likes to do. And it provides additional feedback for them.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ariza posted:

What happened to the Chris Carter one from last year? I thought it was OK, but my wife keeps asking me about it and I don't remember if or when it's coming back.

It's dead, and some people in the thread that saw it were like "good riddance".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

You're in the roughest spot, but I don't consider it very rough at all.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That's true, Fly's the second-most argued about thing in Breaking Bad after Skyler.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm sure I've heard about the "Dexter spinoff starring Dexter" idea once before.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Drugs/Tobacco/Alcohol: Not applicable."

I don't know about that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I really enjoyed The Man in the High Castle pilot. Not a fan of how Amazon does a bunch of pilots first. I rather they just commit to a show from the start like Netflix so we have more to watch.

But Amazon is giving people something extra by letting them watch the pilots (also getting public feedback). The alternative is never to air the pilots at all or hold them back for about a year.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'd say Billy Bob was charismatic, yeah.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thought the first couple episodes of 100 were awful and they fixed poo poo later, but 5-6 episodes is a fair shot. Sometimes stuff is just not your thing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

Not a single bit of cringe-inducing dialog will ever top "Two Idiots, One Keyboard."

Its scenes like that that are great examples of how to write a show for old people. The two young smarty-pants are panicking, not knowing what to do, and the old guy fixes everything with a "common sense" solution.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I remember how big Glee was on TVIV when it started, Glee gang tags were everywhere.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If you're having trouble understanding how it can be a series, the original series is on Netflix.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

raditts posted:

I'm not having trouble understanding how it can be a series so much as why it would be a series.

Either way, if you have Netflix, you can just watch it and decide that way if should've been a series.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If I can watch black and white movies and shows, I can watch 4:3 shows.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That article about impending network meddling makes me pessimistic that Season 3 is gonna be worse, so I think there's a fair chance I'll stop too.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 28, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

, though I'd argue Being Human was a little more gradual.

Not for me, I think. If I remember correctly, I felt a plummet in the middle of S2.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Then why do you still watch?

Hate-watching is dumb, but TVIVers will be TVIVers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jingleheimer posted:

This is why I don't post very often. My opinion hardly matters in my regular life and matters even less on the internet.

I mean, I do like hearing people's opinions. People's opinions help me decide on trying new shows or deciding that a show doesn't sound like my cup of tea. But yeah, pages long arguments about whether a show is "objectively good/bad" can get annoying.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's probably because of Sundance. I didn't know about the very existence of Rectify until it went up on Netflix.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I've generally enjoyed it, but it does slow down to a more leisurely pace than I'd like, sometimes. It's better than the beginning of Season 1, but that's a very low bar, I think. I hated it then.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I personally could've done without the recent gorilla episode too. Didn't dig it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't really care if it "made sense". It just kinda bored me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GreenNight posted:

Heaven forbid a show ever bores you, jesus.

I generally don't feel it necessary to love every episode of shows I watch. I'm cool with that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

IRQ posted:

Oh ok, I thought the rest of it was good though. Former President Guy and War Crimes Murphy embarking on their pilgrimage to the promised land could be pretty cool. Neither had a place in the rest of the plot. The Mt Weather development could be cool too, and well yeah the grounders/sky people stuff was boring I'll give you that.

Yeah, I liked the Jaha/Murphy part. I reminded me of how at the beginning of the season, I thought Jaha was somewhere else on the continent and was going to have his own adventure. So I'm curious to see where that goes. The rest was forgettable for me, I think I'd rather have seen more Lincoln/Bellamy than Donkey Kong.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

So you're racist about Gorillas, is what you're saying?

Gorillas are people too man! #2015
All gorillas are perverts! Look at Koko!

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 2, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Robot is an 80s sitcom about a family with a robot butler.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Robit

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yeah I've seen that episode about the violence and I've seen that episode about the tits. What am I missing

The one about the cocks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jesus Christ, An Ounce of Gold!. They're minerals!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

Hey, in America, that's over our average life expectancy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

timp posted:

EDIT: Not to mention that a handful of people who like House of Cards have been saying that the newest season is not that good

I used to dig House of Cards, but it seems like they're trying to make it more realistic, but its not really realistic and its just boring instead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

No ads whatsoever. Just subscriptions.

All episodes right away probably comes from learning that that's how most of their customers like to watch shows.

From watching Alpha House, I know that Amazon switched their policy between S1 and S2. Streaming customers like to binge.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 10, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That video almost looks like a parody.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I'm sure the thread here lost its mind but gently caress that thread. Its ridiculous.

People were just posting tweets of people freakin' and making fun of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

"We were saddened to read David Lynch's statement today, since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points," the statement read. "Showtime also loves the world of Twin Peaks, and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm."

So Showtime thinks they can possibly get him to come back?

• Locked thread