Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh thank god, those commercials were the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rabbit Hill posted:

Without spoiling anything major, can you say what the major premise of the season was? Do the two main leads still work together?

Only the first episode has aired so far. The premise of the season is the killer from last season suddenly pleads not guilty meaning that the town is going to be forced to endure a full trial. Looks pretty interesting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

Hey regy rusty the end of broadchurch season one left kind of a bitter taste in my mouth, does series two fix that

Depends what you didn't like about it. For me what I didn't like about the end of Season 1 was how the mystery isn't so much solved as stumbled onto. That's not going to be an issue for season 2 since it's no longer about a mystery but instead about what is going to be a long and painful trial and how the town reacts to it. The town and the victim's family struggling to understand the murder was the best part of season 1, so I think season 2 looks promising.

But really 1 episode is too soon to judge so we'll have to see where it goes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

You must've missed when they introduced the mystery surrounding Tennant's previous botched case (involving Shaun Dooley's character) with the flashbacks and burglary at his home and such.

I didn't miss it I just figured the trial will be the main focus.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Flash is good and is way better than Arrow if you tried watching that and didn't like it. I still watch Arrow though because stockholm syndrome I guess.

However both shows are ridiculously frustrating with the whole "This single character can NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH about my secret identity!!!" thing.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 22, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

If PoI good in the way Arrow or Supernatural is good or is it actually good like Homeland season 4.

It's leagues better than Arrow in every way. That's the only part of your question I can answer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Well except acting.

It's actually worse at that than a CW show starring a bunch of soap actors.

Hahaha

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

End of The Devil's Share, tho him breaking his thumb to get out of his cuffs and strangle the fucker in the Crossing is pretty dope, it's not very heroic.

It's my kind of heroic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

to this day my favorite post in any of the PoI threads is you going"Oh no who's gonna save Fusco???" followed by "HE JUST SAVED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE IS AN INCREDIBLE BADASS."

drat now I wanna watch that episode again.

What a night that was.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I need a show to be recommended to me.

My wife and I are currently watching parenthood and the west wing on Netflix. I prefer the latter, she the former but other shows we have had in common are Oz, Lost, Being Human and the Walking dead. We both tried and hated The Shield and SoA. she won't watch superhero shows and I won't do procedural cop shows.

Watch Person of Interest

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Midnight City posted:

"Hmm my special snowflake of a show with all these not completely obvious glaring problems is totally not a bad show and I will defend every perceived or real complaint about it to the bitter end instead of just admitting to myself that sometimes I just like really bad TV shows" - every TVIV poster that doesn't have a Sleepy Hollow av

But..... Sleepy Hollow hasn't been that good this season

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sober posted:

AoS defenders are simply people who haven't watched POI yet.

I like them both very much.

Though obviously POI is better, but there is in fact room for me to like multiple television shows. I also don't really care too much about whether shows I like are better than shows other people like.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Who's been keeping up with Elementary? Have they started doing a will-they-won't-they thing between Sherlock and Joan? Somebody on Facebook was complaining about how making Watson female created all this sexual tension when there shouldn't be any (in relation to the ongoing Ghostbusters casting argument), and I remember hearing that that was never the plan. Still, a lot can change in two years, so I want to make sure nothing has before I drag myself into this unwinnable war.

They have not and they never will

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenNight posted:

The comic book shows are usually by far the worst. The Continuum thread has always been decent.

That's because Continuum was bad from the beginning so there was no way for it to get worse.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bown posted:

Better Call Saul is so good. I never thought they'd find their feet within two goddamn episodes.

Finally something we can all agree on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Duke posted:

I haven't watched any of season 3 yet but did they ever do anything with that heroin that Sherlock hid in a book?

Yes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You guys have convinced me to see how much of this show I can tolerate before turning it off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

The whole thing is designed to take your personal bias and subvert it, for lack of a better term; if you think slapping a kid is totally off limits, it caters to that, if you think slapping a kid that is out of line is ok, it caters to that; it's worth seeing for that, because it's so loving cynical of a network to do something like this. I don't know where it ultimately goes, of course, but see the first episode for the sake of seeing what network tv has been reduced to doing to generate conversation. It's hilarious.

It was so much more bearable than I'd have thought, just from this exact kind of fascination of what the a piece of trash this is gonna be. I like the scenes where Hector stares contemplatively out the window as if musing about the disaster that is to come.

All like 4 of them

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Knowing the history ahead of time is the right way to watch Spartacus. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VagueRant posted:

I've really been enjoying Better Call Saul and it's making me think about Breaking Bad - should I go back and watch season 4 episodes 2-12 and season 5 episodes 1-13?

Because I skipped those ones.

That's a thing I actually did.

Please watch all of Breaking Bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like Breaking Bad because it's a story about a pathetic, incompetent, impotent man who destroys the lives of everyone he encounters and dies alone and considers it all to have been a success. That owns and is hilarious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

Reminder that Skylar White was unironically called Skycunt on these very forums.

Coincidentally, she's also often unironically called Skylar.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Theme songs are great, OITNB's theme song is great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vincent posted:

I'm guessing you mean a character with his traits, 'cause the actor who played Torgo killed himself.

Nope it's literally him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reading that spoiler is what made me start watching the show today, it's pretty interesting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad :can:

But seriously it's really good, watch it already.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

While watching the latest episode, I wondered how the people who used to lose their mind over Skyler feel about Mrs Kettleman.

Judging from the BCS thread they like her a lot.

A whole lot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

So 12 Monkeys sucks? I have the whole season on my DVR and just figured I'd let it finish and watch it all at once since its a weird one. I thought I had heard good reviews for it early on. But if it sucks there's other stuff to watch.

One of the people saying it was bad was Ravane so you should at least give it a chance

(It's good)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

Are all of you watching The Americans?

If not, why on earth not?

This season is really great

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I would never skip Fly

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Why are there not 100 pages of posts in the GoT thread.

Maybe because of the leak

Or maybe because the show is bad now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

It's not the tone or even the fight scenes, its someone smashing there face into a metal spike and having the camera track it or a 30 second shot and sound of someone getting their head smashed in. Maybe I'm old but there is a time and a place for that kind of stuff.

The time and place is Netflix presents Marvel's Daredevil

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm watching season 2 of Orphan Black, episode 2. SO far, kind of good. I am starting to get Hemlock Grove flashbacks though. A lot going on but nothing is moving forward.

Unfortunately this is basically the problem with all of season 2. I think that the mystery of what the hell was going on was the reason season 1 was so particularly compelling. Without that element, season 2 just kind of meanders around with a lot of factions doing factiony things that the viewer doesn't really care about.

I'm still hopeful season 3 can be better.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BillBear posted:

Are they forced to keep all Marvel stuff in the same universe or something?

Um... yes?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I missed you Irish Joe, don't leave us again

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yikes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sleepy hollow has done them with the opening credits like halfway through the episode

This is a slight exaggeration

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chamberk posted:

The Good Wife does that too.

I just watched that entire show. It was really good most of the time, but the most recent season... was alright. It got kinda weird at parts.

Is there a thread for that show at all?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666621

It's not terribly active. The general feeling is that this season has been pretty disappointing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenNight posted:

iZombie has gotten an early season 2 renewal.

Great! It's a lot of fun. I'm glad I checked it out.

• Locked thread