Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
You should watch the movie, and if you like that then watch the TV series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Glad that Sense8 got renewed for another season. Also very excited for that David Simon show about Congress. There really should be more TV shows set in Washington, at least as long as they aren't shmaltzy great man theory bullshit like The West Wing.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Utopia's plot wasn't really all that remarkable and the only thing that elevated it was the cinematography so I'm not that sad to see it go unadapted.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Flash TV show will end way before any Flash movie sequels happen. That is if The Flash movie ever gets any sequels.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

xcore posted:

I just found out that Show Me a Hero is a true story which kind of blows my mind, because my question was going to be:

I'm liking the show, but I seriously don't get what the big deal is. It's 200 houses... Two Hundred. Does Yonkers have a population of 800 people or something? Why are they so up in arms about something that is

a) trivial in the scheme of things
b) going to fail spectacularly because the poor won't even want to live there anyway
c) could probably just be sold off in a couple of years and re-gentrified.

Because the show is set in the 1980s and people were still very racist and in favor of segregationist policies.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

precision posted:

I wish to God that John Oliver had been given The Nightly Show instead of Larry Wilmore. Oh, what could have been...

The Nightly Show is a disappointment but John Oliver is doing real well with Last Week Tonight and he wouldn't be able to pull that off anywhere other than HBO.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
All of Liber8 are the good guys, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

IRQ posted:

Mad Max was a very good movie but it had issues, issues that it shares with Star Wars actually(wait who is in power, why, that doesn't make any sense [these aren't really spoilers ok]) but also issues on top of that that make no sense, and Star Wars was better otherwise while Mad Max didn't make you question those issues as much Star Wars had actual characters.

Also perfect action movie? Come the gently caress on, Die Hard perfected that decades ago.

Immortan Joe is the big bad guy in Mad Max Fury Road. Mad Max is very clear in every facet of its plot, so sorry about your brain disease.

• Locked thread