Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So... Alpha House is pretty funny, why do all Amazon shows just slip under the radar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just rewatched the triple episode arc in Stargate Atlantis from 3x20-4x01-4x02. It always blows me away, some of the best hard sci-fi going imo.
But the end was brilliant.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decius posted:

I love the SG franchise, but there is nothing hard SF in it. It's pretty straight Space Opera, with magic tech and human one-trait-one-culture aliens. But the episodes you mention were really outstanding.

This makes me wish SGU had gotten another season. It became so good.

Yeah maybe space opera, i'm not really a someone who pays attention to genre terms. I knows what i likes. I'm a huge fan of space battles.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone who likes Sci-Fi and doesn't like Stargate is lite on a few chromosomes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That Irish guy was hilariously Irish though.... although i think he probably didn't quite say "gently caress" enough

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

Anyone want to watch the first 9 minutes of Syfy's 12 Monkeys and tell me if it's surprisingly good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIpyEuIcHw

Because I don't think my little heart could take watching it otherwise.

100% ONBOARD! It was gooood.

Birkoff man, how can it be bad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Really enjoyed Book of Negroes. The little girl in the pilot was outstanding

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would of thought for sure you'd be into musicals

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hcreight posted:

Pisses me off, too. I get that Flash is a more compatible lead-in for iZombie than Arrow but there's already too much TV on Tuesdays.

Flash, Carter/AoS, Supernatural, IZombie, Face Off and Justified, that's just my Tuesday/Wednesday list

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like kinda funny, but i got Korean mates.

Also your man was Kim Jong Un in the Interview.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
even on alt.nerd.obsessive ?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Times are tough everywhere

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you mean we gotta wait a whole year before we see more Nazi New York?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Irish Joe is Uncle Ruckus?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We have a Jesuit far right racist sexist halfwit. Who wears speedos.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm down for Salem Rogers.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So Drunk History UK happend....

I'm English born and it was loving poo poo. The american one is so much more charming, and the story telling is pretty incredible considering how drunk they are.

I loathed it. It's comedians had zero charm and it's lit like a Ikea store.

Gonz posted:

State of Affairs is something i've been watching to fill the espionage gap left by The Blacklist's midseason break.

Tonight's episode, at least IMO, caused State of Affairs to go from "Hahahahaha, oh boy. Jeez." to "Ehhhhhhh?". It's actually gotten....better? It's still awful, but now the story is going somewhere and it's on a grander, less terrible scale.

Tell me Agent Whatshisface wouldn't make a great Batman.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 20, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

He's certainly got the jaw for it.

And he's about 6'3"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

I only saw the preview clip with Russell Kane, who I cannot stand. He didn't come across as actually drunk in the slightest as he rattled off his awful 'joke' filled retelling of the nativity with a few slurred words. Drunk History works because it's such a simple loving concept, and yet the comedy bastions of the UK can't even manage that. Burn this country to the goddamn ground.

V for Vendetta had the best parody of english comedy.
I watched the second episode with Irish dickhead, i got through 1.5 stories and i was done. I've seen every episode of the US one at least twice.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where there's a will there's a way

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

eltoozero posted:

Got sucked into Blacklist and James Spader is so good you can't not watch, State of Affairs is not at all unwatchable to my non-TV-addicted eyes, just enough cliffhanger to get me through the week wanting to see wtf.

And for whatever reason I say this out loud every time the character get's mentioned: "Jack Dawson, Super Spy!"

I got lost for a minute on the al fatass owl moo-sorry, chic hokum deal, but then they killed that guy on the plane and that was bullwinkle, right?

I riff the show mercilessly and of all the shows with active threads why NOT this one.

I'm watching to see what wonderful outfits Charlie wears next week :gay:

Pretty partial to a good FPS style SEAL team mission too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm scared, i agree with Irish Joe.

I also caught a mid season episode of Jane the Virgin at a friends house and i thought it was actually pretty good. So gently caress you Ravane, i'm still not watching it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravane posted:

I don't know. Do you?

I have a few theories, nothing conclusive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my brother reckons it's way better, but i missed most of season 2 and all of season 3 because it was poo poo. Not sure i could catch up

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

Shameless has gotten better every season.

not quite, last season was ultra depressing and nowhere near as funny.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

But it was better.

Dunno about that, i had to stop watching it then catch up later, it didn't feel anywhere near as good at the time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are you sullying this thread with Glee bollocks Rarity?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think he's being hyper critical, not sure what he was expecting from something like that. It's a alt world in 1962. Everything worked except some of the CGi which to be fair wasn't really awful or that much of.

The story worked well enough for an adaptation. It changed a fair bit from the book, which i'm reading. I couldn't find a fault besides the CGI.

I think it's going to be a smash hit.

It's plenty brutal enough, has some pretty cool character on the German and Japanese sides.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's fair to say the nazis are wayyyyyyy worse. It's not just the US that was invaded... They set their sights pretty far

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it is, it's pretty cool that i can't see the video, in Australia

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was hit as a kid, i don't agree with it. But some kids (teenagers) need a good swift battering.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alan Smithee posted:

Keeping mind I haven't watched it yet, is the entire world divided into Japanese sphere/Nazi Sphere or is that not made clear?(source material or not)

It's made clear in the book. I won't say anymore.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hope you get laid while off SA :) i'm rooting for you!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we had to sit through the week to week, the least you can do is man up and binge it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Their fake ID's never ever cease to be funny either.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Banshee this week was a masterclass on TV brutality.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching season 1 of the X-Files, and the 4:3 ratio is killing my buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aspie love :pervert:

• Locked thread