Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

Edward Herrman, who has been in literally everything, died this week. To me he'll be the voice of Dodge commercials from my formative years.

The villain in Overboard for me... Plus Richard Gilmore of course,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Ravane posted:

Ah gotcha. Also, Annakie is a girl.

I heard that Galavant's first season was going to be really short. Like it's only going to be four episodes or something and it's finishing in a single month. Do they want this show to die?

It's eight episodes in four weeks. They probably don't want it to die, but they also clearly have no idea what to do with it.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Feel free to cross-post this in any relevant threads: Powers is set to premiere on the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, March 10. I'm assuming they'll drop it all at once, but my source is the PS3 news ticker, so I can't confirm either way.

From what I read in one article; three episodes at launch and then weekly.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Unless you're in Norway and its Christmas-time, then its okay.

What the gently caress are you blathering on about?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Fully-ordered 3rd season shows getting automatic 4th season renewals is officially wisdom of the past. Mindy's ratings were abysmal this season even by Fox standards, which is a shame since this was far and away the best, most consistent season of the show. Hopefully the Hulu thing happens so they can end things properly.

Mindy wasn't a Fox studios show, so the benefits of syndication would have gone to Universal. Fox could probably have gotten it really cheap for next season though.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I always question why they would make synths/androids with vaginas but that's probably the first thing the designers would do in real life.

Only if they want to become billionaires.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Vanderdeath posted:

Didn't they get rid of the love interest and her douchey but likable boyfriend in Season 2 completely? I somehow watched the show but can barely remember it at this point.

She was around for a few episodes, but Fox wanted her on House as a regular.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Treme is super boring so David Simon might have lost his magic. And Paul Haggis is terrible.

Paul Haggis made Due South, so you are obviously wrong.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

So Patrick Stewart's new show Blunt talk is up for streaming, and sadly it's pretty loving bad

Only review I've seen so far said the fist episode sucked, but it gets a lot better after that.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

the fist episode? What kind of show is this

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/blunt-talk-tv-review-813917

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

It sucks dick.

Would you say it is a cockaholic?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Finished ep 9 of Mr. Robot and knowing too much about things kind of ruined it for me. Like there was the whole "this one twist is obvious, and they know you know that, but then the OTHER twist is great!" thing, except....the other twist was equally obvious.

seriously did nobody else have "he's gonna turn out to look like his dad" in the back of their minds the whole time?

But like I say, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have these expectations. The Darlene thing I didn't see coming but that doesn't really change anything about the overall season story.

But the Darlene thing WAS the other twist.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still think it's amazing how s2 had Homelands best and worst episode, and it was the same one.

I wouldn't put it quite like that. Yes, the last few episodes were the worst the show has been, but the first few episodes were also the best the show has been, IMO.

On another topic, it's Fargo Day! For anybody not paying attention, the reviews have been ridiculously positive, most everyone saying it's better than season 1. That is the season 1 that was voted best show of the year in Metacritic's year end critic's top ten poll.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

Her character was terrible in Supernatural. I like Day fine enough regularly but man her character and dialogue was so terrible in SN.

Her character was fun in the episodes where she was well written and grating in the episodes where she was badly written. Give her good stuff to do and Felicia is a perfectly decent actress, she's not someone who is going to sell crappy writing though.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

VDay posted:

Yeah I didn't even realize that could be a twist, I literally thought that was implied once they showed her training in like the second episode.

I'm with you. Don't see how that was a twist at all, it's been VERY heavily implied all along that this was the case.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

raditts posted:

What's keeping Yahoo running these days anyway? Are there people that actually use it regularly?

They lucked into a significant ownership stake in Alibaba. Without that they would be dead company walking.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

I guess he went to college in England or something like that.

I think his mother is English, so he's kind of cheating...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Another NBC comedy that won't last the season.

Pretty much everything lasts the season these days. The chances of it being renewed are slim though.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Werner-Boogle posted:

Yo I just finished Veep with my wife yesterday and I'm confused as gently caress. We're not Americans so excuse me if this is obvious, but what happened to the primaries? Selena is made president at the end of S3 and they make a big deal about how she still has to win the election and continue her campaign.

And suddenly we're at the S4 finale and it's election night. What happened to Danny Chung? Does the sitting president automatically get the nomination for their party? gently caress me this show is so hard to follow sometimes.

It's not automatic, no, but sitting Presidents are basically never defeated. In the show they sped past the primaries. Selina won the nomination, that's all we need to know.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

TVIV's insane Lindelof hatred aside, that show is gonna be on everyone's top ten shows of the year list so I'd believe that HBO would want plenty more.

7 of 20 and in 6th place so far in Metacritic's list.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-the-top-10-best-tv-shows-of-2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

It's kind of funny how Sam Esmail and Noah Hawley have two things in common. They've both created great tv and both kind of came out of nowhere to do so. Hawley had two failed shows and a mess of Bones under his belt while Esmail just had an indie movie nobody's seen.

I want to stand up for The Unusuals here. It's a drat fun cop show.

Having said that, Esmail is the one banging Emmy Rossum so clearly he wins.

• Locked thread