Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Man, Transparent is so good.

I have had a crush on the woman who was grossed out by Louie's passive limp-wristed reaction to being threatened by that punk high schooler since the very first time I saw that episode, so it is SO lovely to be able to get more of her. She's wonderful.

Everyone on that show is, really. Jay Duplass is excellent. Judith Light is a bit over the top, though her meltdown about Maura being the only one who was there for her and her dying father was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

I just can't fathom how anyone enjoys Top Gear, let alone it being one of the most popular television shows in the world. I mean, I get that some people like cars and I don't give a poo poo about cars, but the same applies to sports and I at least understand the appeal of that. With Top Gear I just don't get it.

The hosts constantly needling each other with their dry and sarcastic senses of humor, their long shared history, the camera work (the first show that ever made me think "holy poo poo that's an awesome shot"), the music (Jessica), the cars, the Stig, the stars in reasonably priced cars, the trips to exotic locales and the inadvertent but inevitable mishaps that ensue therewith. Seriously, their trip through Vietnam was absolutely amazing. If you watch any one episode of that show, watch that one...it's barely even about cars.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

Its not like Breaking Bad hinges on the big reveal that *gasp* Taco is a dangerous, violent drug dealer. The show establishes that in literally his first appearance.

You just made me imagine Taco from The League as a dangerous, violent drug dealer in Breaking Bad and I never knew I wanted anything so badly.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Recently my wife got me into Six Feet Under. I'm about halfway through the final season. It's been pretty enjoyable so far, with some standout performances, and a couple stinkers. I must say I am utterly sick of the constant dream sequences as well as red herring death sequences in episode intros. Seeing as how I missed the boat on this show by, oh, about a dozen years, what are people's thoughts of and experiences with the show?

• Locked thread