Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

IRQ posted:

That nude claims adjustment scene though!

Completely gratuitous. There was no reason for those claims to be nude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

pentyne posted:

Is there a forums equivalent of that thing they did in TNG where Worf is stripped of his honor and all the klingons ceremonially turn their back to him? We should do that.

There used to be.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

During Galavant ABC's commercials for the upcoming week have been all in song.

Yeah, the show was alright, but those commercials were loving godawful.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

CaptainHollywood posted:

Has Josh Duhamel always been second-tier Timothy Olyphant?

I always want Josh Duhamel to do well just because he seems like such a nice guy. One day, maybe.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Boogaleeboo posted:

Las Vegas was on the air for like 6 years, he was in the first three Transformers movies, and he's married to Fergie. He's seems to be doing alright, I don't think he's going to have to worry about car payments anytime soon.

By "do well" I mean "do good work."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

IRQ posted:

What was this Irish Joe nonsense even prompted by? Did you have a stroke, Joe?

Irish Joe gotta Irish Joe. If no one is going to tee him up, he has to freestyle.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I know you're joking, but I am unironically excited about this. Reagan was in his prime during the late 70s and I'd encourage anyone interested in American history and conservative thought to listen to his radio broadcasts from that period (search Reagan in His Own Voice: Ronald Reagan's Radio Addresses, available free from audible).

Does he have any where he talks about how awesome it would be for the mentally ill to freeze to death on the streets or how rad it is for air traffic controllers to kill themselves from stress? Really anything about how billions of dollars is better spent on weapons that will never be used than to feed poor children would be great, too.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah but did it involve creating a GUI interface in visual basic to track an IP address.

Not a single bit of cringe-inducing dialog will ever top "Two Idiots, One Keyboard."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

I assume one or both cars are Fords. "Ford: The Car You Can Trust To Be Murdered In!"

The shootee's car is a Cadillac, a GM brand. I don't know trucks enough to know if the truck is a Ford.

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 13, 2015

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
goddamnit, quoted instead of edited

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Just saw a commercial for the second season of Salem and they're calling it "Salem: Witch War." Maybe just a little overblown.

Did you watch any of Salem? Overblown is their baseline.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Sober posted:

... who leads with that?

Someone who thought Rarity looked like a Dr Who-loving turbonerd.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

Under Armor and a bandana?

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE KITCHEN!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Inspector 34 posted:

How does this work? Normally I would assume that NBC owns the rights to the show, so if they cancel someone else would have to buy the rights from them before being able to do anything with it. But I've heard this rumor repeatedly ever since Hannibal began in the first place so I guess I've got to give it some credence.

With how greedy networks and production companies seem to be with all intellectual properties it's surprising that Hannibal would be allowed to potentially continue on a rival network. Do things just work differently with TV properties? Or is it that this particular show has a deal that allows it?

It's not an NBC production. Sony has the distribution rights, so as soon as NBC cancels it, Sony can shop it to anyone they want. Even if it was, NBC would be dumb not to sell it to another network that wanted it. Cancelled, it makes no money for them. They are in the business of making money, so selling it to another network, even a competing network is better than nothing.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Tuxedo Jack posted:

After binging through Black Mirror (and Utopia months ago) - we're looking for more "super weird British shows." Any recommendations?

Have you ever watched The Prisoner? It is the gold standard of "super weird British shows."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

zoux posted:

Were there any mega twists in the Mad Men finale, like was Don actually DB Cooper or something?

The finale was the origin story of a Coke ad.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

thrakkorzog posted:

DeVito has 'gently caress you' money but still does TV work. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DbQx4iDa0

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Dude is dense enough to stay in long past when he should.

I'm convinced that his campaign is being financed by the RNC, in order to make the other Republican candidates look less lovely/crazy/racist.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Boogaleeboo posted:

Nobody has anything going against creepy Supernatural fans, because creepy Supernatural fans will straight loving cut a bitch.

Every single person on tumblr is a Q Lazzarus CD away from being Jame Gumb.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

pentyne posted:

Probably crazy hard too, but holy poo poo the next year of nothing but Empire knock offs will be some hilarious TV. Let's try to guess

ABC: Probably a big Hispanic business where shady dealings with the cartels were part of the business and now are threatening the brand

Apologies if I'm just missing the joke
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_(TV_series)

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

IRQ posted:

It's also kind of strange because it's in the gently caress You, Football's on timeslot they buried Futurama with.

Less strange if you consider that a two season commitment in that time slot is about 12 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Rarity posted:

Amy Acker's had consistent work in a variety of genre shows, same for Morena Baccarin, Seth Green has Family Guy and did the occasional movie, Alan Tudyk's popped up in a bunch of stuff and was a regular on Subergatory. I reckon if you compared the success of Whedon actors to the success of main actors from other shows they'd come out looking pretty good.

Being on a Whedon show if nothing else will get an actor steady roles in genre films for the rest of their career. That's actually a pretty sweet deal for an actor, all things considered.

• Locked thread