Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Breaking Bad was wrapped up too neatly. I was hoping for a cold punch to the gut like The Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know Stargate is good because Siffy used to air 6 hours of Stargate on Monday.

Arrow is garbage.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 5, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Did anyone know Buzzfeed has real articles?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleylcarter/the-rise-of-the-black-british-actor-in-america#.sin9Qv4Xk

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you mean Lee Daniels' Empire

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The main bland guy sucked and looked like Hitler youth.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't really get any of the David Wain movies. I really like The State though but I haven't seen that since I was a kid so it might have aged badly. They Came Together is so bad and goes on for so long.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does Rawls do any funny accent?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Are there procedurals that don't involve cops/lawyers/doctors?

I guess Star Trek but the last time that was on was like 10 years ago.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Black.Mirror is not from BBC so that one should be fine.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who is Richard Armitage? He's famous in the same way as Sam Worthington or Jai Courtney.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Yeah he just made three huge movies in which he played a major role

Yeah like Sam Worthington and he's made 0 impression on the world.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You could call it a dramedy but dramedy sounds stupid as hell.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only watch it to see white dudes killing Mexicans

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Margaret Cho had a lovely sitcom in the 90s.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really enjoyed The Man in the High Castle pilot. Not a fan of how Amazon does a bunch of pilots first. I rather they just commit to a show from the start like Netflix so we have more to watch. The tone of the show feels the same as The Americans. Even the music is identical. I'm all for more spy shows like this.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Are you talking about Martin Freeman or Billy Bob? I didn't think either of them were all that charismatic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When does PoI get really good? Is it like Fringe where the first season kind of sucks. I thought Fringe was so loving boring but I just kind of half watched the first season but it got really fun after that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think CBS are actively going after Wire actors since I see a lot of them on The Good Wife too. Or they all happen to be in the New York area.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If PoI good in the way Arrow or Supernatural is good or is it actually good like Homeland season 4.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Homeland also had that family drama that went on for way too long. And it introduced another one right at the season 4 finale. What the gently caress guys.

e: The Wire is streaming in HD on Amazon Prime. loving awesome.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 25, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Was The Big C any good? Seems like that show came and went real quick and nobody noticed.

Stargate SG-1 was on Showtime for the first 4-5 years and it got better every year.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

And I want to see Zachary Quinto playing a real murican character now

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bones has the grossest dead bodies on TV

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Miller's version became broken and addicted to drugs after the Irene Adler/Moriarty fiasco. So he has feelings.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw it. It's like a PG-13 version of Game of Thrones but it does have boobs. And I guess GoT is based on the wars of the roses in the first place.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Ok but was it worth watching?

It's just good. I'd take a number of shows before that though like The Americans

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IRQ posted:

I believe it, since I get my tv over slingbox, I can only use 30 second skip to get past commercials (the input lag makes ffwd/rwd too imprecise), so when it goes from 5 to 7 or more clicks I notice. And it has gotten worse, but not across the board.

But I'm still not watching ads. Find a better way to monetize, dinosaurs.

They are just going to start putting even more ads within the show. I read an article about how some insurance company had final say over scripts for that Kings show on NBC.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Craig T Nelson is totally dying, right?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In the 100 the Earth is radioactive so when they go to Earth it plays the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Parenthood has way more ups than downs. It's a good show. If your wife likes it and wants something even better then try Friday Night Lights.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Danny Boyle made a cop show called Babylon and it apparently aired all the episodes already. Came and went quickly without notice it seems. Don't people give a poo poo about Danny Boyle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3JdvlmoyU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sherlock did say that Watson might be curious about him sexually since she slept with his brother.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

Yeah, sounds like the beginning of the first episode of Utopia to me, which coincidentally is as much as I want to see of Utopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPTUog6DWc

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What does it mean to just direct the episodes? I really doubt a control freak like Fincher will just do whatever is on the page.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Fallon's doing good work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

I mean it's not terribly funny but it's interesting that he was able to get everyone (except Screech for obvious reasons)

Dang they've all kept in very good shape.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm on episode 7 of The 100 and it's not bad! Also the show should be called like The 67 or whatever since so many die.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember seeing a few episodes of the British robot fighting show and it was terrible. All the robots barely did anything and just kind of nudged each other. At least the US version had those wedge flippers that threw robots 20 feet into the air.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In general nobody cares what airs at 1:30 am. Just ask Carson Daly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are too many episodes of The Daily Show and I got bored of it. Switch to a weekly episode like John Oliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Josh Lyman posted:

I've only seen the first season of The Walking Dead. I know season 2 was bad, but is it worth powering through to get to the current stuff?

If you have nothing else to watch then yeah

• Locked thread