Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Rarity posted:

I really enjoyed watching the TVIV Couch Chat in 2014, the show had another stellar year. The addition of Annakie to the writers room really freshened up the storylines and Deadpool continued to deliver the dialogue we love him for. Shame that some of the new casting choices haven't worked out (hopefully they figure out how to limit Ravane's screentime this season) but the Toxx/precision romance was on point, IRQ's arc of losing his grumpy nature was heartwarming and Irish Joe continued to be the show's MVP. Can't wait to see what they produce this year!

Completely agree with this post except for IRQ's character which needs the grumpiness to remain vital in the 2015 television landscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

IRQ posted:

I dunno I think the real shame is that they cut the Sophia character from series regular to only guesting on the holiday specials. I guess the actress is trying to break into film but we all know how well that usually works out. When The Actuary flops she'll come crawling back.

Be sure to check me out in my latest hard-boiled cop drama, Death Claims. I'm amazing!

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Someone name a TV show where they liked its ending and also genuinely liked the show (i.e. the ending can't be liked because it was simply put out of its misery like a dying dog).

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Boy Meets World was the answer we were looking for, thanks Pillowpants! But it's nice that there was a brief moment of positivity . :)

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Bown posted:

Game of Thrones 1995 will always be the best one of these.

http://youtu.be/2fPgIIB67bw

This is the one I thought of. Something about Kit Harrington with that loving baby wolf cracks me up every single time it hits that shot.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Sober posted:

I think NBC wants you to learn about Jesus or something. Or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MSO8meL1sE

This could go terribly wrong or be halfway decent. But it's NBC, so let's not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Not to get too hyperbolic but this looks like the most amazing thing that has ever happened and Christians are going to hate it so much. I do object to the fact that Gaius Baltar appears to be in it but is NOT playing Jesus.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

thrakkorzog posted:

It's being by the same people who did The Bible mini-series, so it looks like a pretty blatant attempt by NBC to get some Christians to watch one of their shows. Judging by the preview and the makers past history, it's probably going to be as faithful as it can to the bible.

That doesn't mean it will be bad, but I doubt it's going to be taking too many risks beyond filling in some of the blanks in the bible.

Well I'm not of the faith myself, but I'm adjacent by birth, and the level of militarization / guerrilla insurgence they're alluding to in the disciples (as entirely realistic as it probably was) isn't going to set well with the ones around here. Granted that Christians aren't even close to a same-thinking homogeneous group of people, I think a lot of them will be fine with the stuff having to do with Jesus, but maybe not so much the representation of the early church as some kind of rebel resistance against Rome. But I've been wrong before!

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Hard pass on that.

I'm I the only person in the world who liked Las Vegas?

Yeah probably

DominoDancing posted:

I know someone else wrote the same thing not so long ago, I think in the old TV Couch Chat. But I'm currently watching The Good Wife for the first time, and just got to episode 15 of season 5. And I really can't believe that happened. I didn't believe it until they showed the body on the hospital bed. After some weak storylines in the third and fourth season I thought the show settled into "good, not great" territory. But every episode in the fifth season has been awesome so far, and now this! It's really impressive. I must appeal to everyone not to pass on the show 'cause it's superficially a lawyer procedural on CBS.

If you're going to watch a procedural ever you should definitely pick one on CBS because they have it down to a total science. Even the ones that are dumb (NCIS) are really watchable.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

raditts posted:

Don't believe these lies, NCIS is a really bad show. Unless she is suggesting shows that are so forgettably formulaic that you can tell 90% of what's going to happen in an episode without ever actually watching it.

Ravane is correct. NCIS is deeply stupid but it is competent in a way that people don't always appreciate. When you watch an episode of that show, you aren't sitting there going "well I wonder if they're going to gently caress this episode up" because they don't. Every episode is an almost identical level of quality. Whether or not you like what's in the package is personal taste, but it's not the roller coaster ride that more ambitious shows have. It's actually pretty remarkable, really, that they're still churning them out after all this time.

If someone wanted to watch a procedural NCIS wouldn't be first on my personal list (*cough* Elementary *cough*) but there's a reason a zillion people watch it. You are getting into a very comfortable boat.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Are there procedurals that don't involve cops/lawyers/doctors?

I guess Star Trek but the last time that was on was like 10 years ago.

Burn Notice was essentially a procedural. Nikita / Arrow / etc as well. Spies and superheroes are getting into the game, though I guess you could argue they are cop-adjacent.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Ravane posted:

It's been a decade since Galactica. We do need a space tv show.

The one thing I know about BSG is that the less you care about the science fiction aspects of it the more you will enjoy it. Which is why I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

I dunno I think Greenblatt's comment about accusations reaching "critical mass", like there's some tipping point where rape accusations stop being manageable, was pretty dumb to begin with and deserved to be challenged. But the response that accusations need to be creditable in some ways isn't unreasonable. It would have just been better if he'd led with that, because the way he put it implied that he wished he hadn't had to do it. "I guess I just can't stop this poo poo anymore, we've reached critical rape mass, sorry guys!"

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

It sounds like they want to do the whole thing as a family drama set just before the collapse of society. Maybe we'll trace the source of the pandemic to a government-funded science project -- it's always a government project -- that's officially called the Mid-level Intrinsic Chlorination Information Network, or Project MIDICHLORIAN

A family drama set just before the collapse of society was essentially the set-up for Caprica and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Then again I find the setting and themes of The Walking Dead infinitely less interesting than BSG so don't take this as my endorsement of their idea.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Netflix has every season of Columbo and Murder She Wrote

Okay so I hate myself a little bit for knowing this but it does NOT have every episode of Murder She Wrote. Only most of them. It makes me so angry. Almost as angry as the fact that there is no good way for me to watch the entirety of Passions.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Its just a New York thing, you can see the same thing with Law & Order.

Even moreso than actors, what I notice with New York shows is locations. As someone who watched Gossip Girl, White Collar and now Elementary, every episode is like "hey it's that place!" I'm almost positive an Elementary episode had a murder in Blair Waldorf's house once.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Actually in the civilest societies there were very strict rules about when and how you were allowed to hit other people when you thought they needed it so unless this show ends with the conclusion that America needs to re-institute the noble art of dueling for all citizens, including children, then it's just farting around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Sherlock is a really unappealing character.

Man if you do not know that there are a lot of women (and probably men too) who will go nuts over a remote genius who tackles the world around him with logic and a complete lack of social understanding while hiding his secretly tender but not too tender heart, then there are large swaths of tumblr that you've left unexplored in your travels. As well as my own personal Live Journal.

• Locked thread