Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First show I'm gonna binge this year is Mozart in the Jungle. I'm expecting great things, Deadpool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Consider my expectations met, Deadpool! First two episodes of Mozart in the Jungle are very good indeed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cool kids inc. posted:

Can't tell if you're being you or not

It really will never stop, will it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mozart in the Jungle is getting a little more cartoony than I expected, especially in the absolutely terrible character of Rodrigo's wife, but it's still a lot of fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Mozart in the Jungle. Episodes 6-7 were amazing, then the last couple sorta sucked. Hope they renew it, though. It has a lot of fun characters.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Scrubs one made me laugh quite a bit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Game of Thrones 1995 will always be the best one of these.

http://youtu.be/2fPgIIB67bw

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
According to one bit in screenwipe the dog dies and Hugh Bonneville and his wife sleep with it in their bed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wish I 'got' that movie because I would be so excited right now. Unfortunately I thought it was real bad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Battle Creek is a pilot Gilligan wrote over a decade ago that they dug out of CBS archives because he's a big name now. I don't think he's actually involved in any way?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Affair had an amazing pilot and then gradually just got sorta worse and worse until one day it was just melodramatic as hell and I stopped watching. The drama category was hardly stellar this year, though, so whatever. Very happy with the wins for Transparent.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People seem to like it, yeah.

Somehow I'm still watching Cougar Town. It helps that this is the final season. The premiere had the most adorable Matrix parody ever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it's because CSI/NCIS and their ilk really started to take off and saturate the market mixed with cable dramas/more serialised storytelling becoming more prevalent and people realising there were other kinds of TV drama out there that were more suited to originality. I mean, procedurals are essentially formulaic as hell. And look how much better Hannibal gets when it leaves that format behind.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, Woody Allen is doing an original series for Amazon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

The argument lies in whether or not one can or should enjoy the works of a rapist, not if woody Allen is a rapist

Since he's a rapist

A child rapist, in fact

welp, never mind about reasonable doubt, that guy who reviews doctor who has it alllllllll figured out

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That happened on a British music show called Top of the Pops but I don't know about SNL.

What did Martin Lawrence say? Wiki just says it was something about "feminine hygiene".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was making predictions with a buddy about what'll be in the top 10. Here's what I had written down:

quote:

The Office
Community - Remedial Chaos Theory (maybe D&D?)
Arrested Development
Seinfeld - The Bet
The Simpsons - who knows man
Scrubs?
Friends? Would they bother?
30 Rock
Frasier
NewsRadio?
Always Sunny?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tumblr is the worst for tens of thousands of people swallowing obviously fake bullshit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bleurgh. Season 2 of the original can't come soon enough.

I finally watched the first episode of Togetherness and it was really good! I've only ever seen 'Jeff, Who Lives at Home' by the Duplasses but if all their stuff is on this level I may have to check em out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

I think HIMYM can take that spot now. (not that I agree with you on BSG)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fly is essentially a litmus test to see if you like BB for the right reasons or not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair I thought the main issue with that scene was that he was saying it to a probable rape victim. And false rape claims against celebrities are at least a little more likely to happen than with normal folk. I dunno I mean it's definitely a tough line to walk and it seems really silly of Feinberg to suggest that the second even one or two claims showed up everything should have been shut down.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I think that was some really poor wording there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That show was mostly real good but I'm still majorly disappointed that it decided to go in such a silly direction. Rodrigo's insane performance artist parody wife was one of the worst TV characters of last year.

Anyway I'm actually watching The New Yorker Presents right now and I dig it. Hope they make more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This makes me glad I still have the entire second series of the American one to watch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really wanna make a thread for Togetherness, but I'm not really all too big on posting in currently ongoing show threads these days. Would it be of interest to anyone else?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sure, the usual cool guy option.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

The 100 is actually pretty bad. I watched the first 5-6 episodes and they were bad, and I left the TV on after Arrow tonight and watched it and it was still bad.

You have to understand that the people who talk about how great CW shows are are the same people who think everyone in Cinema Discusso is a pretentious idiot and that Winter Soldier was one of the best movies of last year.

(nah you're all aite)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

I don't blame him, I gave Agents of Shield four episodes and I did not enjoy it. Later I was told to give it 17 episodes to get better. I'm not doing this because my time is valuable.

It's amazing to me that anyone managed to watch that show for long enough for that to even happen.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That Kimmy Schmidt trailer looks awful but I still hold out lots of hope for the actual show being great.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We should have a ratings thread this season. Or do we have one and I've just missed it this whole time?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's my sex box! And her name is Sony.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So the book has eight chapters with eight narrators. I'm assuming each gets their own episode? That's pretty cool.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is going on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The issue with Misfits was that Howard Overman set up all this great ongoing/serialisation stuff in season 2, then supposedly decided he wasn't a fan of all that stuff and wanted to continue with the power of the week stories instead, so the one thing that elevated the show to true greatness got almost barely any time in season 3 aside from a shrugged-off wrapup in the last 10 minutes. Nathan leaving was a big loss, but it needn't have sunk the show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The phrase "i'm sorry you hate fun" is definitely being overused now if we're applying it to generic-rear end procedurals like Cold Case.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, is this crazy experiment in thinking comic book shows can be legitimately good TV almost over? I can see the cracks forming....

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting you can't be facetious on SA without people freaking out. Sorry I jokingly insulted your children's comic book shows, guys.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

Wow someone makes a dumb post and is then made fun of and responds with "Geez relax I was just kidding" because they can't take a joke? Never seen that before on the internet.

Um....but I was, though. Go back and read my post, it's actually incredibly obvious.

edit: whatever i need to work on being nicer and not just assuming everyone gets my intentions with every post especially when there are plenty of people on SA who do act like that non-ironically. i do love y'all sorta

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine who I usually respect just tweeted about how much he enjoys Agents of SHIELD and likes the characters and everything.

He's only five episodes in.

• Locked thread