Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
8 episodes, but yeah, it looks like it's all being aired over 4 weeks. Seems like an odd choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's a half-hour comedy.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight posted:

New Amazon pilots were announced:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35293/amazon-studios-announces-its-2015-pilots

The Man in the High Castle sounds drat interesting.

Part of me likes seeing the pilots, but it results in kind of an absurd wait between the pilot being released and the actual premiere. I saw the Bosch pilot almost a year ago and it's still not clear when it's coming out. They'd be better off just having more confidence in their shows.

Totally agree on Man in the High Castle though.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Did anyone else watch Man Seeking Woman?

It's an interesting concept I guess and I like Baruchel, but it's not really funny. At all.

edit: Oops, missed the conversation on the last page.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Sober posted:

So someone on youtube uploaded all of last night's 19-2 s2 premiere. If you want to be scared as gently caress about guns and stuff, well here ya go.

The long tracking shot starts at 7:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVvrBOvdaI

That's an impressive scene.

The show is a lot like Southland for anyone who hasn't seen it. Worth a watch.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

whowhatwhere posted:

Bear is highly overrated imo.

I think you'll find you're wrong.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/09/17/see-what-the-person-of-interest-dog-did-this-summer/

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Considering the lack of regular female characters, they probably felt they had to do something.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Lycus posted:

It's probably because of Sundance. I didn't know about the very existence of Rectify until it went up on Netflix.

I think it originally aired in the UK, guess Sundance bought the US rights to it. I didn't finish it, but I liked the episodes I saw.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Am suprised FXX would agree to that.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah but you think someone would have vetted it or something, especially since it's not totally clear they even had the rights to make it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

savinhill posted:

That new Netflix "Between" show is terrible, I couldn't make it past five minutes of it

Yeah, I had been hoping for something like Jeremiah based on the description of all adults dying, but it feels a lot like Under the Dome, and just as lovely.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

I saw the first episode of Mr Robot. It wasn't bad, although with Christian Slater in it, I can't see it lasting more than half a season, even on USA.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Standalone Showtime Is Coming In July For $11

Hey, now people watch Dexter...wait no. Weed...wait no. And all for more than it costs in a cable package!

Who is this for, again? Other than I guess Masters of Sex, what is worth watching on Showtime right now?

There are very few channels that can pull this off. Monthly subscriptions are nice, but very few people are willing to subscribe to Netflix, Spotify, HBO, Showtime, etc. They'll pick a few, and I doubt Showtime is at the top of most people's list.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Anyone watching Humans? I started watching the first episode and it reminded me of Black Mirror (which I love), but I couldn't get into it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

I liked Complications. It somehow took me until the last 5 minutes of the first episode to realize his wife was the thief from Leverage, though.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

What's with Amazon and Netflix describing British shows as original series? Just noticed Catastrophe on Amazon being billed as one of their shows.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Lycus posted:

In TV lingo, "original" has long meant "owns first local distribution rights".

Yeah, I guess. It's a bit confusing given that they also use original to refer to shows they actually created.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

I'm catching up on UnReal and had to stop 12 minutes into the 5th episode.

I have to make a thread. This show is loving twisted to nigh Sex House levels. I mean, Sex House was pretty loving twisted, but a producer switching out the PTSD meds of an abuse survivor in order to create drama on the reality show-within-the-show can't be nothing, regardless of what you compare it to.

Jesus.

Next episode is worse.

edit: way loving worse

Xandu fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 8, 2015

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

raditts posted:

Please make a D&D thread about this, I would like to read more.

Please don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

You mean stand-up?

Yeah some of them are good. Depends if you like the comedian.

• Locked thread