Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Elmnt80 posted:

That one goes anywhere. Tends to run a bit late though.

Its already 12 hours behind and its not getting there any quicker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The BMWs in Back To The Future II are an E23 for George McFly, and an E24 for Griff Tannen.

But how about that Hill Valley Pontiac dealership, eh?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wasn't there an e30 in the background with some poo poo strapped to the back wheels?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
wooh nine hours into the new year and its already in the shitter....who is going to make the gently caress 2015 Gif

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SouthsideSaint posted:

wooh nine hours into the new year and its already in the shitter....who is going to make the gently caress 2015 Gif

Here's my collection, but I think 2015 can be better

http://imgur.com/a/JEM5V

Pham Nuwen posted:

If we get a fuck2015.gif, this thread will turn into "find reasons to post the gif" like the last one.

Everyone's got problems but collectively wallowing in it for another month won't be healthy.

Exactly. It's a new year!

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 1, 2015

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SouthsideSaint posted:

If we get a fuck2015.gif, this thread will turn into "find reasons to post the gif" like the last one.

Everyone's got problems but collectively wallowing in it for another month won't be healthy.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

IOwnCalculus posted:

AAAAAAAH WHAT THE gently caress IT IS SNOWING OUTSIDE

I was downtown and it was like watching a bunch of kids on Christmas. My girl and I were gonna stay in but we decided to go out for a drink or two. Totally worth it.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

your right. I hadn't had my coffee and was extra butthurt but as the day progresses and the coffee and :420: kick in things aren't as bad. I do have a puppy with stubby legs and brindle coloring.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SouthsideSaint posted:

your right. I hadn't had my coffee and was extra butthurt but as the day progresses and the coffee and :420: kick in things aren't as bad. I do have a puppy with stubby legs and brindle coloring.

post pics of dogge, start 2015 right

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
This year is going to own. I just paid off a bunch of credit card debt, and I got a huge raise at work towards the end of 2014. My house hasnt broken in any spectacularly expensive ways recently, my 2.5 year old boy is hilarious and awesome and an utter joy to watch grow up. I get actual vacation time this year, 3 weeks! My wife is low maintenence, beautiful, and extremely tolerant of all of my stupid hobbies.

Im not trying to brag. I am 35 and I was a listless and depressed single guy for a long time (most of my 20s), and I can totally empathize with a lot of the posters here and the poo poo you guys are going through. Just try to focus on your own value, and be the best you that you can be. If you need help, go get it. Cut negative influences out of your life and realize when you are using hobbies/the internet as an excuse to not work on yourselves. Have the best 2015 you can, bros.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Seconded.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Today was our anniversary.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I think I passed out a little after ten. God drat I'm a lightweight.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The only thing I have to say awful... I thought I was done with acne when I turned 30.

I just popped the nastiest zit on my arm. It was epic and gross at the same time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Not anymore!

I used to have new years as an anniversary too though, was so nice not having to remember some random date that would sneak up on you.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

And you're making it through. And you'll continue to.

The ambitions are: Wake up. Breathe. Keep breathing.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Our water system's well is down from 200k gallons of water used per day to 113k per day. Holy poo poo that feels good, we've managed to patch and fix enough of the lines to cut our usage almost in half. gently caress yeah, 2015, you're already better than 2014!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You may have a drinking problem if you strain your whiskey for dead ants before calling it good

Like, realtalk

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I like 2015 so far. Somehow managed to evade my New Year's Eve hangover :)

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

You may have a drinking problem if you strain your whiskey for dead ants before calling it good

Like, realtalk

Yeah that's a waste of some solid protein right there get your poo poo together man.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
1:30 PM and I'm awake finally. I smell of whiskey and campfires. Hello, 2015.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Quite A Tool posted:

Yeah that's a waste of some solid protein right there get your poo poo together man.

Ants taste bitter you insensitive rear end

Fruitflies are a why bother though

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Left a pair of shoes on the patio overnight - I'd managed to step in dog poo poo (why the gently caress does our dog poo poo on the loving patio?!), and didn't want to hose them off when it 30 degrees outside.

Woke up to find a dead rat in one of them. Damnit. That was my newest pair too.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
In the last few weeks I got together with someone really interesting, and my job's going well. 2015's going to own :dance:

Thanks to planefinder and an SDR I heard them fly over my house on the way to their parents for Christmas. That was pretty cool.

meltie fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 1, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Holy poo poo I feel like death still.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Came over this story about a man with a 7" car part in hos body for 50 years:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/granite-city-man-finds-out-what-s-been-hidden-in/article_d19e6473-80a3-51c8-bbb4-70f21d9e5904.html

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Forget whether a hot dog is a sandwich, IOC vs 13" chat threads are going to tear AI apart :ohdear:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

how did i start working on cars? well you could say it was in my blood

blk
Dec 19, 2009
The car in BTTF2 was actually a E24 6 series, not a E30.

Edit: more: http://jalopnik.com/5067674/man-restores-griff-tannens-hover-bmw-from-back-to-the-future-2

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Bootchat:

This is what 18 months does to a pair of Carolinas. The newer looking ones are a couple weeks old, same exact thing, just bought em again.

Still the most durable boots I've had yet. Not sure why the soles shredded like that...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

My Cat shoes (hey shut up they're the only ones making semi-durable steel toe sneakers these days, and I can't wear actual boots) are peeling apart like that too. But I bought them in September '13 and they're still going so they're doing better than my last 2 pairs, usually get 12 months before they're completely hosed and unwearable.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I get Oliver AT's from work and they generally only last around 12-18 months before theyre ruined, unless you go to a burn or a bushfire in them instead of proper fire boots, then the soles are hosed beyond salvage in about 20 mins...

I ruin mine mostly metalworking, stepping on oxy slag on concrete floors is not healthy for boots

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

This is the best thread.

Heavily loaded eggnog, waiting for Ohio State to play. 2015 is going to be a good year.

I'm a whore.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

This is the best thread.

Heavily loaded eggnog, waiting for Ohio State to play. 2015 is going to be a good year.

I'm a whore.

Oh man, if they don't end up slapping Alabama down, i'm going to be so disappointed :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

T1g4h posted:

Oh man, if they don't end up slapping Alabama down, i'm going to be so disappointed :(

3rd string QB... 9 point spread... poo poo doesn't look good. :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

3rd string QB... 9 point spread... poo poo doesn't look good. :(

I can hope, damnit. I didn't think Michigan State would beat Baylor, and then in the fourth quarter they made up a 21 point gap and managed to win, so anything's possible :allears:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Tommychu posted:

My Cat shoes (hey shut up they're the only ones making semi-durable steel toe sneakers these days, and I can't wear actual boots)

Here's me not shutting up (because you are incorrect, sir):

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6640-red-wing-shoes/6640-red-wing-mens-athletic-black

I'd bet money Red Wings will last longer than some made-in-China rebranded Wolverines (Wolverine makes the Cat and Harley Davidson branded boots, and most of their various brands are made in China or Bangladesh).

Plus Red Wings, like most higher end boots, are made to be resoled and repaired and can last for many years. Mine are over 2 years old and still going strong.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

Plus Red Wings, like most higher end boots, are made to be resoled and repaired

While I appreciate that, I seem to not be able to find my local cobbler's shop anymore.

So I'll stick to boots that wear well for a long time....who cares if the can be easily repaired or not.

Currently pleased with pair number <who knows> of Carolinas. Just add kevlar laces and they are perfect for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I rocked my Timb Pros at work for like 4 years before getting a new pair (for $40 :cool:) this summer. My soles shredded from using my boots to pull pull-string through pipes.

• Locked thread