Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

E/N, stepdad has flipped his poo poo again - he's shouting at my mother for "turning Sean <me> against him". :confused: I think it's because I changed my Amazon password overnight, he ordered a bunch of poo poo on my account, didn't bother changing the payment method, and overdrafted my checking account by over $300 (before fees, and my credit union doesn't waive overdraft fees, period), and it'll be well over $1000 after fees since I have stuff like a car payment, credit card payments, insurance payments, etc all scheduled to hit today (my direct deposit paycheck is $330). Trying to get ahold of my old roommate to see if I can crash with him for the next week. :sigh:

I'm guessing there's no chance of him paying you back for the poo poo he bought is there? I should know better asking this since this is probably the same guy who got pissed you bought him a gift card for his birthday. Sorry dude.

Data caps are coming, if they're not already here. I've never gotten a warning about going over my data cap but I imagine I've gotten close. I've cut back a lot on my downloading though. The thing that sucks about Internet caps is that we're using more and more data and the caps are getting smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

You guys a debt free life is incredible. If you haven't ever been there or it's been a while since you have I highly suggest giving it a go. We've had no consumer debt for almost three years. You get on top of that mountain and there is nothing worth getting off of it for. We have just our house payment (~$1700/mo) and that's it. We could have a larger home/handle a bigger payment if we wanted to but our home is plenty big and I hope to have it paid off by the time I'm 40 (turn 30 next month).

I owe a lot to just listening to the Dave Ramsey podcast a few years ago.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I live a debt free lifestyle minus the mortgage. I skipped school though which I'm sure will come back to bite me. Fortunately, my wife got two degrees to make up for my none.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You guys a debt free life is incredible. If you haven't ever been there or it's been a while since you have I highly suggest giving it a go. We've had no consumer debt for almost three years. You get on top of that mountain and there is nothing worth getting off of it for. We have just our house payment (~$1700/mo) and that's it. We could have a larger home/handle a bigger payment if we wanted to but our home is plenty big and I hope to have it paid off by the time I'm 40 (turn 30 next month).

Working towards that right now, I intend to have nothing but property taxes at most left to pay by the end of the year and if I really stretch I can probably nuke that too.

Between getting a car with 50% better fuel economy and killing debt I should be in pretty good shape soon. Oh, and I just got another raise... this keeps happening.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The cat from last night.

Other than the mostly blind part she's built a bit odd. Cheeks are really far forward and her ears are more towards the top of her head. I also think someone gave her a tendonectomy too. :(

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have my Maxima paid off in a few months, then just have mortgage and student loans. Once the car and student loans are out of the picture I'll be seeing ~$500/month more going toward fun stuff. I can finally finish restoring my dad's old Harley and do projects with the house.

Downside is I have a long way to go in order to achieve that.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'd love to be debt free, but a decade of being poor has thrashed my credit rating. I'm down to just my small student loan and the absurdly tiny loan I took out to buy the xj for credit building purposes, though.

Another couple years and I might be able to afford to think about getting a house.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Debt free except the house and associated bills.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
20 pages of lost pet searches on craigslist later I'm about the most depressed person on Earth.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The cat from last night.

Other than the mostly blind part she's built a bit odd. Cheeks are really far forward and her ears are more towards the top of her head. I also think someone gave her a tendonectomy too. :(

That cat is adorable and I don't even like cats.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

I'd love to be debt free, but a decade of being poor has thrashed my credit rating. I'm down to just my small student loan and the absurdly tiny loan I took out to buy the xj for credit building purposes, though.

Another couple years and I might be able to afford to think about getting a house.

Buying a house isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be. The upsides are you can do whatever the gently caress you want, when you want. The downsides are that EVERYTHING costs money and EVERYTHING will eventually break and need to be repaired. Some repairs are super cheap..some cost thousands of dollars and weeks of time. When you buy a house it becomes a hell of a lot more difficult to move as well.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Most of those repairs cost under a grand and some evenings if you are reasonably handy. For example replacing 35 feet of rotten sill plate and rebuilding the foundation under it has cost me roughly 800 bucks.

It is definitely not for everyone though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

angryhampster posted:

Buying a house isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be. The upsides are you can do whatever the gently caress you want, when you want. The downsides are that EVERYTHING costs money and EVERYTHING will eventually break and need to be repaired. Some repairs are super cheap..some cost thousands of dollars and weeks of time. When you buy a house it becomes a hell of a lot more difficult to move as well.

I live in the middle of flyover country, and have no intent of ever leaving. Costs are reasonable enough here that it's actually close to cheaper than renting. Not to mention that I've worked overnights forever, and am utterly tired of not being able to wrench on things/work on other projects on my days off without wrecking my sleep. :P

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

angryhampster posted:

Is it true that mortgage interest is tax deductable in the US, or something along those lines?
gently caress, buying a house in the US seems like a dream. Prices are low because there's so many towns I guess.
Here in Australia everything to do with housing costs more and ages ago when interest was high, we can't claim for interest on a home we live in, but investors can claim on everything for a house they rent out, so we have a situation where every wannabe mogul got into property investment, driving prices up to make it unaffordable for first home buyer.
There is no cheap areas worth looking into here, we all live near the city or coast here (dry and arid continent so every one lives near the capital cities, living outside of them is no cheaper, as outside of the capital cities means it's probably a coastal tourist town or an inland mining town so prices just as high anyway). Pretty much everything is $350k+ unless living in a desert.

Now I'm in the poo poo I know that the only thing that will save other people from being in the poo poo is home ownership. It's not means tested here, so if you own your own home just stop working and get $240 a week from the government. If you don't own your own home before things turn to poo poo, well you get $240 a week even if your rent costs $300 a week. You get less if you have invested in businesses, stocks or whatever and have assets that could be cashed out. But real estate/home ownership is a freebie and a golden ticket. And rents are only going to go up for the people that have to rent, and I doubt the pension or unemployment rate will go up to match.
So down here, buy your own house as fast as possible at all costs, pay off the mortgage and you're on easy street no matter what happens. Even if it needs repairs you can't afford, sell it off and downgrade if necessary, as long as you don't have to pay rent or a mortgage, you are covered for life no matter what happens.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 30, 2015

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
So the stoichiometry of oil- and coal-fueled power plants has a surprising amount in common with cars, and a very surprising amount different.

Anyone else think power plant boilers are cool, or have I found yet another really boring thing to sperg out on?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fo3 posted:

Is it true that mortgages are tax deductable in the US, or something along those lines?

Mortgage interest is tax deductible, yes. It's not huge since it just reduces your taxable income (as opposed to a tax credit that actually reduces your taxes) and only comes into play if you itemize deductions... but you'd have to have a drat small mortgage bill to still come out ahead by not itemizing.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Adiabatic posted:

So the stoichiometry of oil- and coal-fueled power plants has a surprising amount in common with cars, and a very surprising amount different.

Anyone else think power plant boilers are cool, or have I found yet another really boring thing to sperg out on?

I'm a huge nerd (albeit more on the "ooh big shiny" then the math of it) for any industrial-sized...anything, really. I used to love the boiler room in school as a kid, and I love getting tours of any kind of power-generating facility. So nerd out (and convert it to english for us math-poor folks) :P

Seriously, I can't get calculus. I'm a terrible nerd.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Go for it diabetic.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

I'm a gigantic nerd, and love learning about industrial stuff. Also my job has a half dozen or so steam boilers, so it'd be cool to learn a little more about them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mortgage interest is tax deductible, yes. It's not huge since it just reduces your taxable income (as opposed to a tax credit that actually reduces your taxes) and only comes into play if you itemize deductions... but you'd have to have a drat small mortgage bill to still come out ahead by not itemizing.

Which is the only downside to paying down your house, as you get deeper into the mortgage payments, the interest you're paying drops. Good, since you're just piling up equity, bad because your interest deduction goes down by the year.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah i meant the interest, I edited my above post. Would have been handy down here in the 1990s with 17% interest

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Fo3 posted:

gently caress, buying a house in the US seems like a dream. Prices are low because there's so many towns I guess.

Prices in the US are either low or high depending on where you live. I live in an area that wasn't really affected by the recession in '08/'09. Prices here have been pretty stable for the past decade, but they're on the high side compared to the rest of the state because it's a 'trendy' town. I personally wanted to live away from town and commute 30-40 minutes to work. It would have gotten us a bigger place with more land for about the same price. My wife hates commuting, so we wound up finding a place in town with a decent garage and yard that made me happy enough.

We paid ~$140k for our 1300sq ft (120 sq meters) place. In nearby rural areas, we could have paid $120k for something similar. In some areas of the country (especially near LA or the northeast megalopolis) our place would go for $300k or more.

e:

meatpimp posted:

Which is the only downside to paying down your house, as you get deeper into the mortgage payments, the interest you're paying drops. Good, since you're just piling up equity, bad because your interest deduction goes down by the year.

Last year I paid roughly $4k interest on my house. This got me $91 extra dollars back on my state tax refund. Home mortgage deductions aren't that big of a bonus on taxes from my experience.

I really got dicked on taxes last year due to my business. We wound up paying a little over $1000 last year between state and federal when we filed last year. This year we will probably get about $1000 refund. 2012 tax year we got a $2400 refund.

I enjoy running my small business, but the taxes are obscene.

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 30, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

I prefer my power come from nuclear heated boilers :colbert:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

angryhampster posted:

Prices in the US are either low or high depending on where you live. I live in an area that wasn't really affected by the recession in '08/'09. Prices here have been pretty stable for the past decade, but they're on the high side compared to the rest of the state because it's a 'trendy' town. I personally wanted to live away from town and commute 30-40 minutes to work. It would have gotten us a bigger place with more land for about the same price. My wife hates commuting, so we wound up finding a place in town with a decent garage and yard that made me happy enough.

We paid ~$140k for our 1300sq ft (120 sq meters) place. In nearby rural areas, we could have paid $120k for something similar. In some areas of the country (especially near LA or the northeast megalopolis) our place would go for $300k or more.

And that's low.
You need 350k here minimum unless in the desert.
Areas I rent in for lovely loving nowhere Perth is $800k-2mil. If you wanted to move an hour or two away, it's still 350k-600k. If you wanted to move 5 hrs away, still the same...
There are no cheap places, because either tourist town, mining town, or chain reaction on prices.
I wanted to move to Mt Barker WA (google map it to see how far from Perth and the coast it is) to get out of this mess as you could buy a house for $200k, but it all fell through (my partner would not move there as too far from family and friends, also had no confidence in me getting work there) so I've got nothing now and gave up on life.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 30, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

meatpimp posted:

Yes but paying off your house still makes sense. Why pay a dollar to keep .30? (Not actual numbers, just a metaphor).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So aside from some nonsense with my 2012 taxes, it looks like I'm going to be 100% debt free come May 1st when we move to the new place. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with myself and my money.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So aside from some nonsense with my 2012 taxes, it looks like I'm going to be 100% debt free come May 1st when we move to the new place. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with myself and my money.

You can send your extra dollars to me.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
If you're like my parents, never pay off their $40k loan (on a house worth 800k now), just keep borrowing against it because then you can buy a new car, go on holiday, refurnish the house or get new roofing, floor coverings etc on a low low low mortgage interest rate instead of a personal loan or credit card interest rate.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's really only beneficial to people who have obscene loans, 500k and up because you can write off 25k in interest every year on the first few years of a 500k loan. The 100B annually we spend (keeping this as a tax break) overwhelmingly goes to people with 800k and up homes (this is so loving stupid). There should be a cap at 25k for interest deductions.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

LloydDobler posted:

I'm trying to stop spending on cars and pay off consumer debt. Good god it's boring. Sigh. I hate trying to be a grown-up.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I hear you. I decided no more car poo poo till the credit cards are paid off.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I wanted to chime in and encourage any goons with personal debt to get as free and clear of it as you can as soon as possible. Home, student, and car loans are pretty common and often necessary, but personal credit card debt and/or miscellaneous debt like payday loans is just giving away extra money to banks or worse. And it's really nice to be on the other side where you just don't have to worry about it and that money can be saved.

I've never listened to Dave Ramsey, but whatever works to get folks to a better place is something I'm for. My trigger to get on top of my finances was when my wife and I got married almost seven years ago and we started combining our finances. I started to do the math and what we were paying just for having debt, not even to pay it off, was insane. I never did total my pre marriage fees up, but I wouldn't be surprised if I spent $10k in interest my early 20s just for having rolling credit card debt. And the joke is that the total debt wasn't even that high! A lot of it was for stupid poo poo that I just couldn't be patient for... Stuff I HAD to have right then (brand new BFG M/Ts for my truck, a lift for said truck, gears, going out, bar tabs where I bought a huge group of friends a round)

angryhampster posted:

kastein posted:

Most of those repairs cost under a grand and some evenings if you are reasonably handy. For example replacing 35 feet of rotten sill plate and rebuilding the foundation under it has cost me roughly 800 bucks.

It is definitely not for everyone though.

I think owning a home is probably the kind of thing a lot of AI goons would like because we're also the kind of people that change our own oil, and fix/restore our own cars... We'd rather do something ourselves and save the money versus having someone else do it that might not even know the right way. If you're willing to put in the time and effort that sweat equity can be worth it, especially because at the end of it you've got a house and yard that can be exactly how you want it to be.

But all of that said sometimes it can really suck if you're stubborn about doing as much of it as you can. Last weekend I worked on the insulation on the second floor of my house and as if working with fiberglass insulation isn't bad enough (I hate that itchy poo poo), I had to army crawl through old rock wool to get back behind a dormer to survey what was going on with the insulation behind a bedroom closet. gently caress that forever. At least I'll be able to get rid of it come next spring when I demo the closet.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CommieGIR posted:

I prefer my power come from nuclear heated boilers :colbert:

I totally do too, and you'd really like what I'm doing for this company. Look up Boiler Mercury Air Toxicity Standards (or just MATs) and that's what I'm standardizing across ~15 boilers with a steam output capable of fueling between 200 and 800 MegaWatts each.

Siochain posted:

I'm a huge nerd (albeit more on the "ooh big shiny" then the math of it) for any industrial-sized...anything, really. I used to love the boiler room in school as a kid, and I love getting tours of any kind of power-generating facility. So nerd out (and convert it to english for us math-poor folks) :P

Seriously, I can't get calculus. I'm a terrible nerd.

cursedshitbox posted:

Go for it diabetic.

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm a gigantic nerd, and love learning about industrial stuff. Also my job has a half dozen or so steam boilers, so it'd be cool to learn a little more about them.

Right now I'm using data from the PLC output to plot different emissions as they pertain to mass of oil injection, coal feed, and limestone feed. Also other random poo poo like gross MW and mass steam flow to the turbine. Using this data we're standardizing boiler startup as best we can so we can meet the EPA's restrictions on air emissions (A Good Thing TM)

It's a really neat process. You use oil as starter fluid for the boiler, because the bed temp has to get up to a certain point before large amounts of coal can "roll" :haw: Oil has a shitload of sulfur dioxide byproduct and we're trying to lessen that by making up new ways to heat the boiler bed faster so we can switch over to coal sooner.

Limestone apparently does wonders for emissions and I have no clue why, but they use a bunch of it (~10% of the coal feed) and you can just watch the sulfur, NOx, and CO emissions plummet when we feed limestone. We found out yesterday, however, that Limestone will jack SO2 emissions through the roof if we feed it in before the bed is up to temperature, hence the search for faster bed heating methods.

The basic air/fuel ratio is there just like in cars, but it's hard as poo poo to get right and varies wildly with solid fuels. We take for granted the ease of which octane (and other liquid fuels) burn steadily. They have a bunch of different methods of pulverizing or superheating coal to take that variability in stoichiometry in their favor, but it's still hard as poo poo.

This also has the added problem of "fuel timing". Where in a car you use the throttle as air input and fuel "follows" through base-mapping or PID control (closed-loop via the O2 sensor), both the air and solid fuel have to be on PID control in a coal boiler. Temperature is super critical and there's a huge process to get it up to around 1800 degrees F and keep it stoich the entire time.

And that's just the freaking tip of the iceburg. There's so much auxiliary equipment that's been added to the intake and exhaust on both the air and feedwater (think "turbocharging" on both sides of both systems, and then think intercooling/interheating as well) to make the thing more efficient and it's all as exciting as learning about how turbos work for the first time.

Oh also :coal:

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 30, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The cat from last night.

You're nowhere near Phoenix?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

People who live in the Southeast US, how bad have roaches been for you? I loving hate them and have been lucky to never see them while living in WA and CA... But if we go to AL, it's a possibility. And my wife is even less bug-tolerant than I.

Living in Maui for a summer was awesome... except for the 3" roaches that occasionally wandered in :v:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

edit: he ordered a bunch of poo poo on my account

Why didn't he just get his own account to begin with?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

meatpimp posted:

It's definitely a weird dance we end up in, where sometimes just a little more interest pushes you into a lower bracket meaning less taxes.

BraveUlysses posted:

It's really only beneficial to people who have obscene loans, 500k and up because you can write off 25k in interest every year on the first few years of a 500k loan. The 100B annually we spend (keeping this as a tax break) overwhelmingly goes to people with 800k and up homes (this is so loving stupid). There should be a cap at 25k for interest deductions.

If I remember correctly too depending on meeting certain rules second home interest can be tax deductible too. For high income earners it ends up being a loophole to drive the percentage of taxes due down, not unlike capital gains taxes versus earned income. But that kind of inequity is unfortunately pretty common here and I don't have confidence we'll see it change any time soon. Our state (WA) isn't very equitable either.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

You're nowhere near Phoenix?

No, I live near Chandler Fashion Center.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I don't know whether or not to call my debt consumer debt or a car loan, because I use a personal line of credit, but it's all because I bought a car. But it's my third car, a pure luxury not a necessity. I've always kind of felt that AI people shouldn't treat car loans as necessary anyway. We have the skillset to buy cars with cash and keep them running for pennies on the dollar compared to regular people. I've owned 19 cars and never had an actual car loan before, I either buy with cash or personal credit. Home loans and college loans are to me the only acceptable and mostly necessary credit to carry. But for most people a car loan is more necessary too.

BraveUlysses posted:

True, and at the same time it's one of the truly stupid reasons to fool young people into buying a house instead of renting. "you can deduct the interest". So let's get this straight. Standard deduction is $6200, or $12400 for a married couple. Most people's effective tax rate is something like 15% (in terms of what you pay in taxes/gross income). So in order to calculate the tax savings, it's 15% of the difference between your mortgage interest and your standard deduction.

I paid $9k in interest this year, and I'm single so my standard deduction was $6200. My effective rate is actually 17%. So my mortgage saved me $476 in taxes. Yay. If I were married It'd have been $0. Never mind that replacing my AC has cost me about $4500, and I've lived here 8 years. So what I saved in taxes has two more years to go before I break even on my AC repair. Just in time for me to replace the rest of the furnace.

I love the freedom and comfort of owning my own place but it costs so much more than renting it's ridiculous.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

I live a debt free lifestyle minus the mortgage. I skipped school though which I'm sure will come back to bite me. Fortunately, my wife got two degrees to make up for my none.

I got into computer janitor management before anything was required.. As of a few years ago it seems like a bachelors is the new high school diploma. I just finished my year long organizational project and final presentation and will be starting a 2 year masters program in the fall. I was debt free, now I have 25k in student loans, in 2 years soon to be closer to 60k-70k.. This poo poo better pay off.. Though with the brand/title associated with my masters I should more than a substantial return on my investment. That's the 1 thing I've learned from this ivory tower academia bullshit, if you can't re-coop the cost education quickly, then what's the point?

Of course the people I work with say,"Oh, but we do it for the knowledge and to be well rounded!" I'm in it to get paid, plain and simple. Why would I waste 100k at Berkeley for a bachelors in women/gender studies since you can't do anything with it without effectively having a masters and even then people just want to see the masters? My wife was a social work major and even entry level jobs in CA want the BA + experience. Riddle me this, how do you get experience for an entry level position if you just finished school? That's how backwards our system is here. We took a trip up north to Oregon and Washington last summer and it has been looking very tempting to both of us now for the past 6 months..

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pham Nuwen posted:

People who live in the Southeast US, how bad have roaches been for you? I loving hate them and have been lucky to never see them while living in WA and CA... But if we go to AL, it's a possibility. And my wife is even less bug-tolerant than I.
I'm in East Tennessee, does that count as south east? If it does I've seen maybe 5 roaches and I've lived here 5 years.

Mortgage chat, just bumped up my monthly payments an extra $50 since I don't have the M3 loan anymore. Would have done more but I'm an idiot and took out a small loan for the next toy. Good news is after this one I run out of space so then it'll go towards the mortgage...or a loan for a storage building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
In regards to personal debt, I found out my amex gives me amazon rewards points. now I just buy every thing with it and write a check at the end of the month. Its awesome, basically getting stuff for free that I would already buy.

• Locked thread