Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up at 10 pm with a hangover. Happy New Year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

After being sick for 3/4 of my vacation, and doing almost nothing with it, I was ready to get back to work.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I've had exactly 2 hours of work to do. I'm going insane just sitting here at my desk. We're normally hugely busy and going at it for 50 or 60 hours per week.

It's been really slow here today and yesterday. I've run out of things to do on the internet.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

keykey posted:

I just watched the first episode.. Goddamn. :stare:

I'm watching the second one now. This show is interesting.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
It was -9 degrees here yesterday, and it made me really glad that I moved back to Minneapolis because last winter in North Dakota it was below zero almost every day, and there were a few days where it was -40.

My car is fine, but the jump packs at work are getting a workout.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

So, I was loving around with a soldering iron and realized I have no clue what the gently caress I'm doing with one. I also got a nice burn on my finger when I grabbed to far up on the handle and wound up touching the 450 degree metal. I should not be allowed around anything that can cut or maim. :downs:

I burned the tips of all of the fingers on my left hand on a curling iron yesterday. There's a reason I haven't tried my hand at soldering or welding.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Booze is so loving cheap in Indiana, you guys have no idea. I can get a gallon of premium rum for under $20 almost anywhere these days. And if you're okay with lovely rum like Calico Jack it can be had for like $11. ELEVEN loving dollars for a GALLON of rum. Vodka tends to run even cheaper. I got two pints of election themed whiskey for $4 each a while back as well.

Yes, but... Indiana. Booze is pretty cheap here in Minnesota as well. You can get a 24 pack of Hamm's for under $20, but the downside is that you're drinking Hamm's. One time, I went into my usual liquor store to pick up a case for a friend and the clerks had to have known I was buying for someone else because the cheapest I usually stoop to is Grainbelt Nordeast or Summit. Gotta drink local.

Two nights ago, I got drunk as hell and decided to make oatmeal. I added goat cheese, apricot preserves, and Turkish honey. It was magical. Last night, I drunkenly made a batch of lentil and vegetable stew. I even packed today's lunch in my drunken state, so I'm hella productive after a few shots of Jager.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

T-Square posted:

Whatever dude. From the land of sky-blue waters. :colbert:

I'm going to bring you a 24 pack of Hamm's at the next midwest goon meet.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Why do you think I drink so much?

Because your friends are weird and terrible?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

T1g4h posted:

re: Boozechat, can one of you explain what Fireball actually is to me? I've never had it, I'm wondering why it's so drat popular. With the name, I keep thinking it's basically the new Hot drat :v:

Cinnamon-flavored whiskey.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I've never once considered Fireball to be fancy

I know that it's not fancy because Super Aggro Crag drinks it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

I'm bored at work again and I left my laptop charger at home so no working on design stuff. Any suggestions for Netflix to entertain me for the next 5 hours?

Welp, time for you to watch Mean Girls.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

I'm not sure it has come down to that quite yet.

You are just shooting down all of my suggestions today. Boo, you whore.

Oh my god iwentdoodie, you can just ask people why they're white.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

But to be fair you suggested Gilmore girls and mean girls. There is a girl theme going on here.

I'm on a chick flick roll right now after watching Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion and Clueless. I never liked these movies much growing up but now I can kinda relate to them because I'm a vapid valley girl.

I'm gonna get you to watch Mean Girls eventually.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Today is kiss a ginger day.

Either no one in my life has gotten that memo, or they think I'm icky.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Maybe they're holding out for bone a ginger day? :D

Please. That's every day because I am easy.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I tried out the Liquid Cocaine shots recipe that Leica posted a few pages back. That was a mistake and I think my phone needs a breathalyzer attached to it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

leica posted:

You forgot the bleach chaser didn't you :colbert:

I did.

I was still drunk when I woke up. I went pretty hard on the paint for a Tuesday night. I don't know why I can't save my ragers for weekends like normal people.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I've got a friend from Arizona visiting me in Minnesota this weekend. I think we did this wrong.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Winter is when Arizona is at its best.

Winter is when Minnesota is at its worst.

We definitely did this wrong.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm making Holdbrooks watch Mean Girls with me. :colbert:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

You've seen the size of his shoes, right

:quagmire:

For those who are on snapchat, Holdbrooks shoes are the same size as my dog Harry.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I leave the house for an hour and I get a snapchat of my lovely little dog cuddling with Holdbrooks. I thought what we had was special, Harry.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Hanging out with the MSP snapchat goons:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

keykey posted:

edit: also Holdbrooks & Goatse Guy's snapchats = :3:

If y'all aren't also snapping with snizzpod and reignczech, you're missing out.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Dammit I commented on one of Rhyno's FB posts again. When will I learn?

144 replies and counting. :stare:

Whenever I comment on Rhyno's Facebook post, I just get his weird friends sending me friends requests. Ahh, the perils of having a deceptively hot Facebook profile picture.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Speaking of, where are tinder misadventures as of late?

I deleted tinder again because I met someone and I can't stop thinking about them.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
It's someone else so stop being a bunch of weirdos, thanks.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Phone posted:

It's either like... someone has died, wrong number, or something else that is completely awful.

Or they're drunk, though I guess my drunk dials falls under the category of other things that are completely awful.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm at a lovely bar in North Dakota, watching my parents dance. Now I know who I inherited my horrible awkwardness on my feet from.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

On the other hand, I've been drunk every night this week. Moderation is not my thing.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I shudder to think how much money I piss away on beer.

I pissed away $7000+ on liquor, beer, and bar tabs one year. I'm trying to keep it under $1000 this year. I'm already at $150 for January, though...

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Fucknag posted:

All the flavor in chili comes from vegetables anyway, just sub meat for wheat gluten, tofu, mushrooms or whatever.

It's all about that fuckin quinoa man.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Complete shot in the dark here: Be a woman on the internet. (Because the internet is terrible.)

It's not completely inaccurate.

rscott posted:

quit being loving hipsters

Never.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

Similar experience from my end, except you should go watch the California happy cow commercials and then try driving past the same stuff you snapped from your road trip. Uh huh. Happy cows. It's really disgusting and depressing to think about what it takes to feed people.

That's why I am vegetarian and heading toward veganism. I can no longer justify an animal living that kind of existence just so that I can eat a burger.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I also get to be super smug about it, so that's a plus?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

leica posted:

Yeah I kinda feel like it's my fault for asking for the story behind the WRX issues.

Sorry Goatse Guy :(

No worries. Motronic did give me some helpful advice to get rid of the car if it comes down to that, but the rest of the advice either assumed that I was a criminal or completely retarded.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cakefool posted:

To be fair some of it assumed you're criminally retarded.

Some of my e/n posts about my personal life might point to that, but I assure you all that I am extremely competent at my job, and grasp a lot of complicated concepts inside and outside my industry. I'm just super loving bad at following advice and logic sometimes.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
BrokenKnucklez, you are missing the latest chapter in this trainwreck on my Facebook. Come back!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CornHolio posted:

I want AI facebook pals!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No joke. I'm in the "official AI group" but it's dead and boring.

You guys are welcome to add me. I'm in the AI group and it's pretty easy to figure out who I am.

InitialDave, I don't really have any feelings on Z31s one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Okay, I'm never making a joke again. I wasn't saying you're actually dumb. You don't come across as dumb and I'm sure everyone else here has failed to follow what they knew was good advice at some time or another.

I'm going to go and watch the final episode of BSG and stroke my cat as I'm obviously not capable of internet.

I wasn't saying that YOU had assumed that I was criminally retarded. I was offended by the dudes who told me to check NASIOC and gave me advice for selling my car on Craigslist, because lol. I assume that anyone who ventures into AI at least has a good grasp on the basics of cars.

• Locked thread