Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I get Oliver AT's from work and they generally only last around 12-18 months before theyre ruined, unless you go to a burn or a bushfire in them instead of proper fire boots, then the soles are hosed beyond salvage in about 20 mins...

I ruin mine mostly metalworking, stepping on oxy slag on concrete floors is not healthy for boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Up early on saturday to go to work. Wish it wasnt because this was happening.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...4-1227172035133

Im on fire standby today because they are predicting dry lightning and another day of nearly 40 degrees with strong winds and all of the other crews they HAD for standby are off at this massive mess of a fire at Humbug Scrub. They havent been able to get a lid on this thing at all last night because the weather was crap, its threatening the suburbs and numerous towns. Its a poo poo storm regardless of how you look at it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Holy hell, Since Saturday morning at 8:30 i've worked 43hrs on the fireground. Works given me today (tuesday) off to rest then back to the fires again tomorrow at 6am.

Tired is an understatement- I slept from Midnight to noon last night and im still knackered.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

It depends on your monitor too- its a LOT more work for a PC to push 2550x1440 on a 27" screen than it is to push 1920x1280 on a 22" screen. I've got a 2600K i7 and a 770GTX with 16GB of ram and it does NOT like pushing 2550x1440 in Battlefield 4 at ultra graphics

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Phenyephedrine is absolute loving garbage. Doesn't do poo poo. Managed to snag myself a Man Flu and it feels like ive had my nose attacked with a belt sander.

Looks like i'll have to go find a chemist tomorrow and do the whole "Your not making meth, are you?" song and dance and give them my ID so I can actually get some pseudoephedrine and stop my GOD drat NOSE RUNNING!

loving Australian drug laws.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Not to mention that if you ARE aboriginal and DO wind up at centrelink for no fault of your own, then your automatically going to be bundled into the "Only getting benefits so they can sit in the park and drink cheap poo poo wine all day at the taxpayers expense" group that represents a TINY number of Aboriginals, but has been seized by the average Australian racist as the "Norm" for anyone slightly dark skinned.

The governments absolute BASHING of people in need of help doesnt help the situation either. They tried to introduce a 6 month "Waiting period" For receiving benefits if you were made unemployed not long ago (which got smacked down in parliament HARD). I have absolutely no idea where these people proposing this poo poo thought people were going to find food and shelter for 6 months on zero income.

Considering the LNP, im pretty sure their thought process was "They'll just crawl off and die behind some bushes and stop being a burden on society" TBH.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

T1g4h posted:

As lovely as it sounds, this is sadly true. Back when I was doing graphic design for one of the local papers, we were basically encouraged to put the most dramatic, sensational, depressing poo poo on the front page because happy, cheery stories don't sell papers. Big, bold headlines and a tendency to focus on the negative, hosed up poo poo is what nets you attention and views :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzT10MSgKtU

Says it all really....

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Wont lie 13", that looks a metric shittonne better than the mi goreng i just had for lunch :(

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I just try to be a shithead towards everyone equally- that way you can't be accused of being racist!

Hilariously the biggest racist we have at work is my aboriginal boss!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I like to think we raise happy sheep on my farm. Well, I Know ive got one VERY happy sheep, cos the ram's just been tossed into the flock for his yearly rumpy pumpy session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Fo3 posted:

I hope you beat it mate.
gently caress cancer.

It only got down to $1.02 here yesterday as the lowest I've seen it. But I had to get fuel today, got ripped off at $1.17 for some reason.
I guess that's why the petrol stations looked so busy yesterday (we have a working functioning fuel watch system here in WA that reports tomorrows prices)

I spent the day at centrelink with wating around and running around getting all sorts of payslips and birth certificate etc.
They really gently caress you around when claiming unemployment even when it's for medical reasons.
OTOH, some nice person at centrelink was willing to throw money to my partner for no hassle at all because of our kid.

I was spitting chips yesterday- filled up the car with 165L of diesel at $1.22... Saw it last night for $1.16.... I could have used that extra $10...

Tho since diesels dropped from $1.55-1.60 a litre to $1.20 a litre my fortnightly fuel bills dropped from $280 a fortnight to around $230 a fortnight! I wonder what the fuel price in Mt Dare is now, cos it was $2.45 a litre when I went past in July. That 100L top up hurt!

• Locked thread