Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ringing in the New Year by watching cat videos on Youtube with friends. I am Goon incarnate :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Our water system's well is down from 200k gallons of water used per day to 113k per day. Holy poo poo that feels good, we've managed to patch and fix enough of the lines to cut our usage almost in half. gently caress yeah, 2015, you're already better than 2014!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

This is the best thread.

Heavily loaded eggnog, waiting for Ohio State to play. 2015 is going to be a good year.

I'm a whore.

Oh man, if they don't end up slapping Alabama down, i'm going to be so disappointed :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

3rd string QB... 9 point spread... poo poo doesn't look good. :(

I can hope, damnit. I didn't think Michigan State would beat Baylor, and then in the fourth quarter they made up a 21 point gap and managed to win, so anything's possible :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Paging meatpimp to the chat thread, meatpimp to the chat thread: How about that upset? :haw:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Ho-lee poo poo. So are people going to hate the Buckeyes more or less now that they downed Alabama? It's like they're trolling in real life.

I hope they get nothing but love for this. It's so drat nice to see Alabama get beaten :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Things I never thought I'd say: These new tires have way too much grip. 40mph down a gravel / dirt / mud road, and I couldn't get my Crown Vic to slide at all. For 225/65/16's they have ridiculous amounts of traction.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Trivia time! You are on a 4 lane highway. There is a semi with a trailer in the left lane, an open right lane, and the road ahead is straight. The semi has remained in the left lane for the past couple of miles, and is showing no signs of merging into the right lane. You have a clear shot to pass him, however, like the good driver you are, you know how unwise it is to pass on the right, especially in the case of a tractor trailer. What do you do? Bonus points for most creative and well written answer.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

thegasman2000 posted:

Use the police light simulator app on your phone against the windscreen and pull him over. When he slows flick the bird and gently caress off!

This is definitely the best answer, however...

InitialDave posted:

TL:DR, already passed them.

This is the most true to life in my case :v:

MrChips posted:

So I bought a scratch ticket on a whim when I was out buying gas. I just won five grand.

And this is just loving awesome. Nice!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

T-Square posted:

So Elite: Dangerous looks like a pretty awesome game. Except that it's also hilariously confusing with all of the different controls and poo poo you can do and also I don't have a joystick :(

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS. Relatively cheap, solid, and it's been working great for me. Also, the Flight Sim Megathread can probably recommend you a decent stick setup too if you give them a price range.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So, it's been raining nonstop since Friday. It only just stopped a couple of hours ago, actually. This is all spillway runoff from one lake. One. It's kind of a miracle I haven't had to go do any water rescues yet :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

keykey posted:

Tirechat: When you fine people buy tires, where do you go?

Discount Tire Direct.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Reallyyy wish my ISP would get their loving poo poo together. $60/month for 20 Megabit / 2 Megabyte / whatever the gently caress you want to call it down, and it's so loving spotty and prone to cutting out at random that it's gone past the point of absurd and is now into full on "Why are we even giving you people money" territory.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1CMSV81_ws
:stare:

So... Youtube has some pretty insane videos. Balls of steel, right there.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Around here they're more likely to run around with a sawzall and take the cats off your car for the metals inside it. Apparently it pays better.

This. That, or they'll find abandoned houses, crawl under them, and take the copper pipes from underneath.

Also, today I learned you can pick up an original Viper RT/10 for $30k or less. Any of you guys need a kidney? Or some blood plasma?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

iŽll take a Testicle and some lymphnodes please

Deal. Not like i'm using the former anyways :haw:

Seriouspost, hang in there man. I haven't really said much re: what you're going through because there's not much I can say. All I can really offer is the usual: Stay strong, keep fighting it, and know that AI is rooting for you. It sounds really lame when I put it that way though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Temps are supposed to hit -20F tonight with windchill factored in. gently caress winter in its stupid face.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Holdbrooks posted:

Random question for AI. I bought new tired for the cop car today since the fiat won't be fixed by next week and I'm planning a road trip. Should I mount them on the gold STi BBS wheels I have and toss the poo poo tires and wheels back on and sell it when I get back or just put them on the cop steelies and hope I can get $500 more when I sell it?

How goofy would a cop car be on STi wheels? The will be too tall I'm sure to put on the STi ever, and the outback can't use that bolt pattern or it would be a no brainier.

Cop car on gold STi BBS'es would be baller as gently caress. DO IT.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

It's so cold out today that they canceled public school. I got lucky with that so I had one of my roommates bring me to work this morning. Hopefully my car is ready this afternoon.

It's so cold here I seriously got told to stay home from work because we're not going to do anything in this weather. Inclement weather yay!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

In this thread: Pussies complaining about the weather where they live, even though it's entirely normal for where they live.

Edit: Just like the weatherman on the news last night "We haven't seen weather this cold since last January." Oh, really? We haven't seen Winter weather since last Winter? Go on...

-20F with windchill is not normal for Arkansas, thank you very much :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Oh my god, I hope this ends up actually happening.

They shitcanned the Aerovette concept, let this finally be a thing. Hell, call it the Fiero for all I care, just make it happen :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

:psypop:

I don't believe it, even though that's pretty much the only thing it could be. Clearly a Corvette greenhouse flanked by a Holden Ute body for the test mule. gently caress, build it just like that.

Right? Mid engine V8 ute with massive fender flares would be loving rad.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

re: Boozechat, can one of you explain what Fireball actually is to me? I've never had it, I'm wondering why it's so drat popular. With the name, I keep thinking it's basically the new Hot drat :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So it's basically the same thing as Hot drat then. Got it :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fI5M6_XVk

What the gently caress, Michigan. You guys are supposed to know how to drive in the snow :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

You missed the best part of that wreck... the part where the truck/trailer carrying 44,000 pounds of fireworks got ignited:

http://fox17online.com/2015/01/09/video-truck-carrying-fireworks-explodes-near-i-94-hazmat-situation/

Jesus loving christ. That's insane! And oddly pretty.

Also, forgot which one of you recommended Battleship as being a dumb, fun movie, but you were spot on. I'm enjoying it so far.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I like to think that Sperglord is a really advanced forum bot, brilliantly designed to get you guys riled up with every post. Its like someone did years of research about what would piss off AI and created its perfect nemesis.

He's like the AI version of the T-1000.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Hell, I've got an i5 3570K, 8GB of RAM, and a 2.5GB GDDR5 GTX 570 HD, and it handles drat near everything I throw at it. It slows down at 1080p with VSync on with some newer games, but it handles drat near everything on Ultra if it's even decently optimized. No issues on Borderlands 2 or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, for example. And man, DiRT 3 just looks gorgeous on everything Ultra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSXNOOW_CbQ

So yeah, midrange is still pretty awesome. I think I paid $1,200 for this setup.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

kastein posted:

if you overclock those video cards and they burn some valves because you didn't tune it, don't come crying here. Just throw another alternator belt in the case and use it to packet the fbi while filesharing

I don't overclock any of my setup because I heard that makes the trans wear out faster and then you could grenade your rear end from all of the gigahertz.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

My current case has a high flow 120mm rear fan for exhaust, 200mm side panel intake, 2 120mm intakes on the front, and a 120mm intake up top. It stays decently cool, and the high flow 120mm keeps the air moving relatively quickly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Bit late to the discussion, but i'll vouch that Mean Girls is actually a pretty funny movie. Worth a watch, honest.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I made the Holdbrooks-mobile in The Crew since the new DLC pack added an Abarth 500 :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cage posted:

I wish the crew had a demo of some sort. I would love to bomb around in a offroad style mustang but the feel of the physics in games like that can be hit or miss for me.

The driving model in this game is really polarizing, I won't lie. I personally love it, it's easy to drift and rally down dirt roads once you get the hang of things. That being said, I know quite a few people absolutely despise it because the cars are somewhat quirky when it comes to cornering. It's... interesting. It takes some getting used to.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I can't speak for the 'Bone version, but it's not really very buggy on PC from what i've found. 55 hours in, and the only crash / freeze i've had is because of some weird, obscure issue in the Collection screen where if you scroll back and forth too fast it locks the game up. Still haven't figured that one out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Galler posted:

I started out playing it with a wheel and absolutely hated it. I could barely get past the first couple missions and it was just extremely unfun. I tried a controller out of frustration and it got a ton easier and more fun. Still a couple bullshit missions in there (why do they put a couple of the hardest missions in the game right near the start?)

I've now got 66 hours in it and have completed the plot and maxed out three classes of cars. I don't know if I will ever play it again but I feel like I got what I paid for.

The collection screen is all kinds of hosed up. Easily the most buggy thing in the whole game by a large margin.

I've only played it with a 360 controller, but I've heard it's not super amazing with a wheel. I just really don't get what causes the Collection screen lockup. It's such a strange bug :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Man, for $1 a pop, Taco Bell's new Crunchwrap Sliders are pretty loving awesome. They're cheap and the Spicy Chicken ones are pretty tasty. These things are rapidly becoming my "Cheap rear end lunch / dinner" mainstay for when I don't feel like making anything here :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

the spyder posted:

480 cores, 5TB DDR3 1600, connected via 40Gb Infiniband to three giant NAS providing 1.8PB combined SSD and Spindle storage

:flashfap:

I need this in my life.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Goddamn parts are ridiculous these days. Roomie's Taurus decided that having a working starter was not something it enjoyed, so we had to replace that tonight. Had to front him $172 for a new one. loving hell...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

kastein posted:

gently caress if it is for a 3.0 vulcan tell me where I am sending the starter that I got with the new engine for my dad's 2000 ranger. I bet it fits in a 15 dollar flatrate, how's 35 bucks shipped sound? I paid like 20 for it including core and taxes.

Just doublecheck that rockauto says the same one fits his taurus and a 2000 3.0/auto ranger first.

Pretty sure it's the Vulcan, 3.0 V6. Don't worry about it though, we already got the new starter on and the old one boxed up. Just shocked me, that's crazy expensive for a starter. Hell, my new radiator was only $100, i'm amazed a starter could be that insane :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

This winter is the first time i've ever grown a proper beard, i'm finding I actually like how I look with a beard way more than I do cleanshaven.

• Locked thread